El Nido Travel Answers

change location
B3ck's Profile Photo

Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

by B3ck Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with island hopping all the way from El Nido to Coron (or vice versa). I have found a company that does it, but I was wondering if there are any other options available, or whether it is something that I could easily organise once I am there..? Any help would be so much appreciated, thanks guys :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Island Hopping from El Nido to Coron

by davidjo Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I think that you can organize just about anything provided you have the money to pay for it. Many years ago we went on a Bangka with an English lady and island hopped all the way to Coron, taking 4 days. There are some lovely deserted islands in the area, but you must leave El Nido as early as possible (4am) as there can be strong currents north of the main island of Palawan. Make sure that you bring plenty of water with you.
    The company you found is it called Tao, if so they are very expensive but very good. I can highly recommend them.
    There is a lot to be said for going with an organised tour than finding some fisherman on the beach with a boat who would be willing to take you as he would not really know the type if trip you are after.

Judith at the El Nido Art Cafe is well established in the town and they have a contact address, so maybe you can see i she offers something along the lines you are interested in.
    elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com...

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • heydelin's Profile Photo

by heydelin Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I asked the same question with our tour operator and he actually suggested it would be better if we get back to manila from coron and take a flight from manila to puerto princesa.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• B3ck's Profile Photo

by B3ck Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Thanks so much for your very helpful advice. I totally agree. Tao was our first preference, however unfortunately they are fully booked at the time of our stay. The Art Cafe do not know of any other operators that offer this particular trip either. Thanks again for your help! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines