El Jem Travel Answers

change location

Travelling to El Jem

by mouthfromthesouth Online Now Jan 9, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Hi, I'll be staying in Sousse. Is it possible to get there by train? If so what are the departure times from Sousse and from El Jem (on return)?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Travelling to El Jem

by youngted Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 1:03 AM

fahrplancenter.com/Fahrplan_...
    As ali has sent.
    There are only two effective trans for you from Sousse
    8.07 AM getting in at 9.am
    11.48 getting in at 12.41
    return
    12.07 15.37
    Sousse 13.15 16.25
    So you can see it will depend on how long you want to spend there. There is a great museum as well as the Arena both are paid on one ticket so it pays to go to both. I would recommend that you go to the museum first. Come out of the main station turn left go past the Mosque and look down the street on your left you will see the Flag outside of the museum.Or ask any local.
    You cannot miss the arena building so its easy to walk back from the museum to that. It is possible to see both in two hours but only just I think. I have been several times.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kevin-UK's Profile Photo

Re: Travelling to El Jem

by Kevin-UK Online Now Jan 15, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I would use other transport as you'l get better departute times making your trip more flexible so giving you more time there,
    The buses on the longer routes are very efficient, very similar in concept to National Express in UK. The other option is the Louage, once you've used them you'll relise why they are so popular. You just arrive at the louage station, ask where the louage for El Jem goes from and wait until 6 or 7 seats are full, then you are on your way.
    In all cases, train, bus or louage, you have as much chance of finding an English speaker, and to be honest, the Tunisian's are pretty good at finding someone that can work out what you want. The journey won't take any longer than the train.
    Kevin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near El Jem