Eilat

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Eilat to Petra

by ChristaM Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 11:34 AM

My husband and I are visiting Eilat in May, and we're considering a day trip to Petra.
      I've looked into tours, but I'm wondering how easy it is to do on our own.
      Is there anyone who has done it recently and can tell me how much it would be to take a taxi? Also, any other tips you have regarding doing it on our own would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!

more
    • Eilat to Cairo

by ChristaM Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Eilat in May, and I'm wondering if anyone can advise me regarding visiting Cairo from Eilat.

• Is it safe to visit Cairo, Egypt now?
      • Is it better to take a tour or go on our own?
      • If we do it ourselves, how easy is it to get the bus and then get to where the pyramids/Sphinx are in Cairo?
      • How much does it cost for transportation to get to Cairo?
      • Do we need Egyptian money to pay for bus fare, or can we use credit cards?
      • Is it better to get a visa from the consulate or at the border?

Any help and advice you can give would be very much appreciated! I have been to Israel before but not Egypt, and I'm a bit nervous about it.
      Thanks!

more
    • Eilat to Petra

by ChristaM Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 11:34 AM

My husband and I are visiting Eilat in May, and we're considering a day trip to Petra.
      I've looked into tours, but I'm wondering how easy it is to do on our own.
      Is there anyone who has done it recently and can tell me how much it would be to take a taxi? Also, any other tips you have regarding doing it on our own would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • Eilat to Cairo

by ChristaM Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Eilat in May, and I'm wondering if anyone can advise me regarding visiting Cairo from Eilat.

• Is it safe to visit Cairo, Egypt now?
      • Is it better to take a tour or go on our own?
      • If we do it ourselves, how easy is it to get the bus and then get to where the pyramids/Sphinx are in Cairo?
      • How much does it cost for transportation to get to Cairo?
      • Do we need Egyptian money to pay for bus fare, or can we use credit cards?
      • Is it better to get a visa from the consulate or at the border?

Any help and advice you can give would be very much appreciated! I have been to Israel before but not Egypt, and I'm a bit nervous about it.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • taxi from ovda to u coral beach

by franckgiaoui Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM

hi
      who can give me the name and mail of a taxi driver whoi can take me and my family to the u coral beach
      toda

1 Answer Jan 30, 2014 at 12:03 AM
    • Visa from Sharm to Eilat

by Jo_clark Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM

My family and I are travelling to Sharm and want to go to Eilat during our stay. Do we need a visa from Sharm to Eilat?

10 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    • shataana's Profile Photo

urgent; need affordable hotel near beach in quiet place.

by shataana Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Hello Fellows Travelers,

I just need a quiet spot in Eilat or nearby, where I can enjoy swimming and relaxing.
      I am not unto nightlife or parties, I just want the sun and the beach to enjoy .
      I am looking to go in November, for a week, something affordable, Hotel/Half board included.
      I will be traveling from London uk, I have read that there is no direct flight from London uk, what is the other alternative for the flight to get there.
      I would really appreciate please any help, this is my first to the Holy land.
      Thank you

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • LeandaW's Profile Photo

is elat safe for a holiday

by LeandaW Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Im thinking of a holiday in elat in november, is it safe?

5 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    • mggm59's Profile Photo

Best diving centers and prices

by mggm59 Online Now Aug 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Hallo everybody
      I am planning a trip to Israel in September and I would liek to know about good-bad experiences in diving centers in Eilat, prices (I would bring òy own equipment) and if it is at all adviseable and practical to spend some dives in Aqaba as well (where are the best dive sites on either side? Which ones?) since I would also like to go to Wadi Rum.
      Thanks in advance
      Maurizio

7 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • Nearest beach resort from eilat central bus station

by Alex1375 Online Now Aug 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

What are the few beach resorts near to the eilat central bus station?

3 Answers Dec 20, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    • one night in Eilat (or from there to Dead Sea during Sabbat)

by PackElend Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Hi folks,
      we are 2 travelers staying in Petra, Jordan until Friday but then we have to go back Israel, since our flight is leaving on Sunday in the very morning.
      We are trying to get to the the death sea on Friday but we will arrive in Israel after dawn, so we getting straight into Sabbath, but maybe we are lucky and we find a intercity service taxi crossed finger
      In case we can't make we have to stay a night in Eilat, but where???
      There not the much hostels on the standard hostels search engines and they mostly request a 2 day booking.
      But I heard something about Red Sea Star - Vista Azul Dive Centre but can't find anything on the web.
      So maybe anyone of you can give us some help, would be really great :)
      By the way, there are frequent connections from Dead Sea (Mas´ada or En Gedi) to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv?

Thx
      stefan

2 Answers Jan 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    • Red Canyon from Aqaba

by janetlee Online Now Nov 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM

We will arrive Aqaba by flight in the morning of a day in next October. We plan to cross the border to Eilat to see the Red Canyon. Is there enough time for us to do it within the same day and return? Can we go to Red Canyon independely from Eilat rather than joining any tour group (as my husband may love to spend a few hours taking photographs there). Will it be too hot doing hiking in the afternoon? Any advice and comment will be much appreciated.

4 Answers Nov 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    • Do I need more than a day to get a visa for Egypt in Eilat?

by elbegriesel Online Now Oct 2, 2011 at 1:03 AM

We are a group of 11 South Africans that will go to Egypt through Eilat on the 24th of October. Do we need more than a day to get visas in Eilat?

4 Answers Oct 4, 2011 at 3:34 AM
    • Eilat to Mount sinai ??

by grobertnyc Online Now Aug 5, 2011 at 6:36 AM

We'll be driving from jerusalem to eilat.
      Is there any way we can cross over to egypt and drive to saint katherine to Mount sinai.
      Are we allowed to take our car fro Israel to egypt ?
      Any help appreciated.

6 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    • available dives

by ronelprinsloo Online Now May 12, 2011 at 6:53 AM

we are 4 people and would like to dive in eilat on the afternoon of 14 july and morning of 15 july 2011. Are there dives for that specific days.eg Reef diving cave diving and dive with dolphins?

• Hiking in and around Eilat

by lskramer Online Now Feb 2, 2011 at 4:58 AM

Hi, I am driving from Jerusalem to Eilat with my 11 year old daughter on April 3 for a two night stay. We plan to go to the Dolphin Reef to swim with the dolphins and to snorkel. I also want to do some hiking. We have the day we drive down from Jerusalem, then the next day is a full day, then the day we leave-flying out at 4 pm.

My thought is to do the Dolphin Reef on the second, full day. So to fit in some hiking I am thinking about 2 things: 1. stop at Timna Valley on drive in to Eilat, or 2. go to the red mountains. I also read that the Nahal Gishron is the most beautiful hike in Eilat, but how much time do I need for that? I could hike on the day we leave, too.

So, if someone could let me know a little about Timna, Nahal Gishron and the Red Canyon, including how much time I need for each, I would really appreciate it!
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 10, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    • ronploeg4's Profile Photo

One day Eilat to Petra

by ronploeg4 Online Now Oct 9, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone help me out to solve my question? We would like to visit Petra during our stay in Eilat. All I see are extremely high prices, which not even include border taxes. Does anyone have a better idea. How would you do it? We wanna go around the 26th of october.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Ploeg
      The Netherlands

7 Answers Oct 25, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    • onicepaul's Profile Photo

transport from jerusalem to eilat

by onicepaul Online Now Jul 21, 2010 at 4:34 AM

hi. what are the transport means to reach eilat from jerusalem? to fly, do i have to go to tel aviv? any land transport means (time and cost)?

and is august a busy season with many tourists in both jerusalem and eilat?

thks.

5 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    • elat hotels

by evelindiana Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 3:23 AM

I whant to know the best five star hotel in elat with good rooms, pool and bars.
      is herods, even without, sheraton flag the best one our dan is better or another one?
      thanks

5 Answers Dec 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    • Katusa's Profile Photo

Sleeping on the beach and diving

by Katusa Online Now Jun 5, 2010 at 4:45 AM

We're planning to do a diving course in Eilat in July. We're three 3 students so the budget is rather tight. We heard it is possible to sleep on the beach. Does anybody know if there are certain areas where it is allowed? Or are there diving schools who let you sleep on their property?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

4 Answers Jun 6, 2010 at 4:46 AM
    • xxsummerstarzxx's Profile Photo

Isrotel Yam Surf

by xxsummerstarzxx Online Now Mar 21, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel or had any experience of it?

I am keen to visit somewhere with fabulous snorkelling and a good selection of day trips. I also want to swim with the semi wild dolphins. It seems Eilat has everything but is very 'spread out'

It seems all the good hotels have no snorkelling without having to take a boat trip and quite honestly I really would like to be able to snorkel from the beach. Getting my partner on a boat is almost impossible :/

Help me please, if youy can :)

Yvonne

11 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    • Bus from Eilat to Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport

by Momo12 Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 4:36 AM

Could someone please help with the above information? This travel is on Sunday 28 March from Eilat to Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport. How long does the trip takes and what is the timetable like? Thanks!

10 Answers Mar 21, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    • eilat without the big hotels

by ccmk Online Now Mar 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Can I find small independent hotels in Eilat? or guesthouses? - I find big hotels so unreal and never feel as though I have been to a country if I can't stay amongst local people - is this possible along the red sea coast?

4 Answers Apr 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    • Travel from Jerusalem to Petra to Egypt

by Godislove555 Online Now Mar 13, 2010 at 8:01 AM

We would like to spend a couple of days in Jerusalem then a day in Petra and a couple of days in Egypt. I would like to know the best way to do this - also the most economical way. We went to Israel a couple of years ago and used public transportation quite a bit. I am find the tours to be expensive. I understand, on researching, that you can take a bus to Eliat and then to Petra and back to Eliat and go from there to Egypt. There doesn't seem to be public transportation to Egypt or to Petra. What do we do?

6 Answers Mar 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    • Renting a scooter in Eilat

by rogersharpe Online Now Feb 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Can you tell me the cost of renting a scooter by the month, taxes and other costs included.I intend to use it to travel around Isteal later in the year.
      roger

1 Answer Feb 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    • can i fly direct from london to eilat

by fffran Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 11:32 AM

can i fly direct from london to eilat?

4 Answers Feb 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    • The full visa for Egypt

by lola521 Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Hello,

I am looking for some updated information about the full visa needed for Egypt. I understand you get it at the Egyptian Consulate in Afraty Street. One source has said it takes only an hour wait for it but the post was dated in 2005. Recently on another forum I read that you leave your passport with them and pick it up the next day!! I wasn't planning on an overnight in Eilat.

Thanks for any information

9 Answers Jan 11, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    • Travel from Petra to Eilat

by Geelong09 Online Now Oct 31, 2009 at 11:12 PM

We are planning to travel to Amman and then on to Petra next month: We want to go to Eilat but not sure what the best (and safest) mode of travel for our family of 4. Rob/Melbourne

3 Answers Nov 7, 2009 at 12:39 PM
    • Travel from Sharm El Sheikh to Eilat

by kath_s Online Now Oct 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Hi all,

I am planning a trip at the end of November and am trying to organize how to travel from Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt to Eilat. Could you please let me know what are our options for travel (flights, bus, taxi) are? How long would it take and what would be the approximate cost?

Also, we are then planning to spend 1 night in Eilat and then travel to Tel Aviv. What would be our options for travel with this route?

I would appreciate any suggestions that you can provide.

Thanks,
      Kate

1 Answer Oct 22, 2009 at 1:03 AM
    • bus service from Petra to TLV on Monday

by vickitmeredith Online Now Jul 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I will be in Petra and will need to get back to TLV on Monday by midnight. I could rent a car but am not sure about driving across borders getting in and out of Jordan in a private rental car. What about bus service?

4 Answers Jul 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM
    • RDWinters's Profile Photo

Eilat Israel to Cairo Egypt

by RDWinters Online Now Apr 11, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Hi all...Planing a trip to Eilat in early June. I was wondering the best way to vist Ciaro and the Pyramids, by tour or on your own.

2 Answers May 7, 2009 at 11:01 AM
    • Travel details

by cluelesstourist Online Now Mar 29, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Hi does anyone know a safe and cheap way to travel from the Taba border crossing to Cairo? i'm going to be staying in eilat but i want to tour Egypt. i'd really like to go on an organised tour upon arriving in Egypt i figured that would be safer etc, have you heard of any good tours? Looking forward to responses if anyone can help me!?

4 Answers Mar 30, 2009 at 3:15 AM