Eilat Travel Answers

change location

Buying a computer in Eilat?

by roadtripusa Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 10:15 AM

I will be heading south for my second time ever in Eilat,

Is it worth it to but a computer without the vat? or wil they just jack p the prices?

Are there any good computer shops (prefarably a naional chain?)

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • g.l.s.h's Profile Photo

Re: Buying a computer in Eilat?

by g.l.s.h Online Now Oct 30, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Hi there!

The “No VAT” arrangement in Eilat is actually only for Eilat residents! For small/cheap products no one pays attention, but when it comes to buying products that are several 1000 shk worth, you might not get a VAT free price in the first place. Personally I don’t recall someone mentioning a computer purchased in Eilat.

As for recommended shops: Israeli’s hardly buy “brand name” computers – “white box” are the ones most common. It means you purchase a computer as a list of components and their lab would “build’ your computer within a few days. There are many such shops/labs: nearly all would not have a “fancy” design but rather be located in semi industrial areas and resemble a warehouse.

One provider that is well known is “Ivory” http://www.ivory.co.il/english.asp

They have branches in most districts. Since the whole industry of the “white box” PC’s is highly competitive, there would be hardly any nation wide known seller with a perfect reputation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines