Eilat Travel Answers

change location
FruitLover's Profile Photo

A bus to Mt. Sinai & Santa Catherina from Taba

by FruitLover Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 9:50 AM

shalom,
I guess foreigners can answer this Q. better than Israelis.
Looking for updated information about routine bus Taba - Mt.Sinai.
Is it true that there is only one bus a day on 07:00AM ?
How much it costs, compared to a taxi or minibus?

And Mt.Sinai - Cairo bus, anybody? frequency? price? etc.

Thanx in advance,
Avi

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

RE: A bus to Mt. Sinai & Santa Catherina from Taba

by MalenaN Online Now Nov 17, 2006 at 9:51 AM

When you have crossed the border at Taba you will be met by taxi drivers offering to take you to your destination in Sinai. But if you walk on, less than a km, you will come to the bus station and hopefully there will be a bus for you. If not you can always ask for a taxi here in peace and quiet.
    I was going to St Katherine’s Monastery for which I was told the only bus leaves at 7 o’clock in the morning (this was in July 2005). I arrived at 3 pm and had to take a taxi. I had heard stories (and have also read one here on VT) about taxi drivers stopping in the middle of nowhere refusing to go further with you in the car if you don’t pay more than you agreed of in the beginning. A taxi driver in a red minibus (if you are around Taba or Nuweiba and need a taxi his number is 0020127075078) offered to take me to St Katherine’s for 200 pounds and he seemed to be an honest man and the price correct. We stopped three times along the way, once for drinking tea and the other two times for me to take photos.
    The drive took about 2,5 hours.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines