Eidfjord

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Visiting in October or December

Bergen Jun 30, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I want to do a short city break to Bergen in either October half-term or December 15th for 3 nights. Which time would be best for seeing Bergen? Is Bergen pretty at Christmas? Is it open for tourists at these times?

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Bergen accomodation

Bergen Jul 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi...I am an Aussie who has never been to Scandinavia , so your replies would be appreciated...
      My mum and I will be arriving in bergen on the " Norway in a nutshell tour" not til next summer but planning the trip of a life time!
      How far is it to the city center from where we get off? Need to take a taxi in?
      We do love the hop on hop off bus idea and use the cable car up to the mountain...again another taxi?
      Not sure if we will stay 1 or 2 nights before we fly back to oslo but I assume another taxi required to hotel.

Sorry so many silly questions!

more
    • Question title

by Clairehazelruth Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I am spending a day in Eidfjord in August from a cruise ship. Can you suggest walks please that do not invovle a drive. I am aware of the walk to the Viking Graves, can this be extended ?I have also read about beaches on the river , any more information ?
      Thank you .
      Claire

4 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    • Taxi in Eidfjord

by scheepsgezel Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 2:56 AM

Hi,

Is/are there taxi service or tourguides with cars available in Eidfjord. We 'll be arriving by cruiseship in May 2012 and do not wish to go on a organised shore excursion. We rather be toured by a local ( company)

Thanks,

Jaap

• Nearest Airport to Eidfjord

by Irnman1010 Online Now Dec 18, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I am looking for the nearest airport to EidfjordI to fly into. Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Dec 22, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    • 2002europe's Profile Photo

How to get to the Voringfossen Waterfall

by 2002europe Online Now Apr 27, 2007 at 2:44 PM

Does anyone have information on how to get from Gudvangen or Voss to the Voringfossen Waterfall? Are there trains? Busses? I would appreciate any help or information/tips you have. Thanks so much!

Christina
      oliver.christina@gmail.com

3 Answers Apr 30, 2007 at 12:12 PM
    • Norseman triathlon

by Adamtheginge Online Now Jan 25, 2004 at 12:21 PM

My friend and I will be competing in the above event on August 7th.I am looking for the most suitable route to get to Eidfjord.Ferry to Bergen will take too long and will mean being away from my family for over a week so it looks like flight to Bergen or Oslo and then train or bus. Can anybody recommend either or do you know of a better route? Also accomodation in Eidfjord as there only seems to be one hotel.

2 Answers Jan 28, 2004 at 4:57 AM