Egypt

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moulid Abu El-Haggag

Luxor Yesterday

I'll be in Luxor the first week in June (hot!) and came across some information about the Moulid of Abu El-Haggag. I understand that it's a huge celebration and, if I'm counting back from Ramadan correctly, it should occur about June 4. Does anyone know if that's correct? And is it something that I want to reconfigure my travel plans to Dendera and Abydos to see? Thanks

more
    • Egypt 2015 trip concerns

Hurghada Apr 30, 2015 at 2:30 AM

Hello! Me and my boyfriend are planning to go on holiday to Hurghada in June 2015 but I’m a bit concerned about whether this is the best time to go to Egypt specially because we also want to visit the pyramids in Cairo. We are thinking of joining an excursion from Hurghada to Cairo by bus and according to what I read it’s 7 hours distance and I am a bit scared of what could happen during the journey.
      Anyone who have been recently to Hurghada and Cairo can tell me if it is safe to visit? Did you witness the downsides of the political distress and protests?
      Also, provided that we do go to Egypt in 2015 do you recommend buying activity packs from UK agencies or by contacting the local ones?
      Many Thanks!

more
    • Evening entertainment

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41 AM

Hi,

we have just returned from our 1st trip to sharm, staying at the coral sea holiday village.
      It was an amazing holiday but the only thing it lacked was adult entertainment in the evenings, i.e. professional shows etc.
      Can anyone tell me if there are any all inclusive hotels in sharm were they do have good evening entertainment so you don't have to venture out of the hotel.

Thanks

more
    • Safety issues in Cairo

Cairo May 3, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hi everyone,

With the ongoing political stresses and terrorist threats is Cairo safe nowadays for tourists? What about a bus tour from Hurghada to Cairo? Would that be safe?

Thanks

more
    • Nile Cruise, Cairo and Giza

Egypt Apr 30, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Our family is considering whether we should travel to Egypt in December to do a Nile Cruise then onto Cairo and Giza for a few days but worrying about the safety issues?? Has anyone travelled on the Oberoi Nile Cruise or any of the Movenpick Nile Cruises?

more
    • How Safe is Hurghada

Egypt Apr 13, 2015 at 2:24 AM

Hi,
      My boyfriend and I, both aged 21 are going to Hurghada - Jungle Aqua Park at the end of June 2015. As always we are joining the worry of safety when going to places in Egypt.
      Can anyone who has visited Hurghada recently, review the safety and how safe it is for British tourists to be there please?
      We are not looking to venture off our resort.
      Thank You

more
    • Is it safe?

Egypt Apr 8, 2015 at 11:52 AM

hello! Me and my friend are planning to travel in El Gouna near Hurghada in August 2015. We are both 18 an are going to a summer camp which means, we will be mostly at the same place all the time. But our parents are worried about safety. What is situation in Egypt right now? Is it possible to get much worse till August? is there danger for terrorist attack? Will it be dangerous to go there? I think not, but it would be nice to hear what you think. Thank you very much!

more
    • Safety issues in Cairo

Cairo May 3, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hi everyone,

With the ongoing political stresses and terrorist threats is Cairo safe nowadays for tourists? What about a bus tour from Hurghada to Cairo? Would that be safe?

Thanks

3 Answers May 3, 2015 at 3:13 PM
    • Nile Cruise, Cairo and Giza

Egypt Apr 30, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Our family is considering whether we should travel to Egypt in December to do a Nile Cruise then onto Cairo and Giza for a few days but worrying about the safety issues?? Has anyone travelled on the Oberoi Nile Cruise or any of the Movenpick Nile Cruises?

3 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 3:49 PM
    • Egypt 2015 trip concerns

Hurghada Apr 30, 2015 at 2:30 AM

Hello! Me and my boyfriend are planning to go on holiday to Hurghada in June 2015 but I’m a bit concerned about whether this is the best time to go to Egypt specially because we also want to visit the pyramids in Cairo. We are thinking of joining an excursion from Hurghada to Cairo by bus and according to what I read it’s 7 hours distance and I am a bit scared of what could happen during the journey.
      Anyone who have been recently to Hurghada and Cairo can tell me if it is safe to visit? Did you witness the downsides of the political distress and protests?
      Also, provided that we do go to Egypt in 2015 do you recommend buying activity packs from UK agencies or by contacting the local ones?
      Many Thanks!

• Evening entertainment

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 19, 2015 at 5:41 AM

Hi,

we have just returned from our 1st trip to sharm, staying at the coral sea holiday village.
      It was an amazing holiday but the only thing it lacked was adult entertainment in the evenings, i.e. professional shows etc.
      Can anyone tell me if there are any all inclusive hotels in sharm were they do have good evening entertainment so you don't have to venture out of the hotel.

Thanks

1 Answer Apr 19, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    • How Safe is Hurghada

Egypt Apr 13, 2015 at 2:24 AM

Hi,
      My boyfriend and I, both aged 21 are going to Hurghada - Jungle Aqua Park at the end of June 2015. As always we are joining the worry of safety when going to places in Egypt.
      Can anyone who has visited Hurghada recently, review the safety and how safe it is for British tourists to be there please?
      We are not looking to venture off our resort.
      Thank You

3 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • Is it safe?

Egypt Apr 8, 2015 at 11:52 AM

hello! Me and my friend are planning to travel in El Gouna near Hurghada in August 2015. We are both 18 an are going to a summer camp which means, we will be mostly at the same place all the time. But our parents are worried about safety. What is situation in Egypt right now? Is it possible to get much worse till August? is there danger for terrorist attack? Will it be dangerous to go there? I think not, but it would be nice to hear what you think. Thank you very much!

9 Answers Apr 20, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    • Visiting Sharm in June 2015

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 2, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hi Folks I am new to the forum and have had a look around and decided to join up.

I am travelling to Sharm el Sheikh in June 2015 with my partner, her child and her childs friend.

I have a few questions regarding the weather, medical facilities and general hospitality currency etc.

I understand the temperature will be 38 degrees if not higher, is there any advice on avoiding the sun midday etc and keeping hydrated?

I also hope that during our stay none of us have to use the medical facilities within sharm but if this is the case are they of a good standard?

Also I have heard differences in opinion of what currency to use US Dollars/Egyptian pound/English pound what is the best one to use?

Also due to the ongoing conflict which I understand is thousands of miles away I take it the sharm el sheikh resort is under tight security?

And lastly I am staying at the Tirana aqua park hotel has anyone used this hotel before? it seemed to have good reviews on trip advisor etc and had an aqua park hence the reason we booked it

Apologies for all of the questions just a bit apprehensive as it's my first visit to Sharm and it looks fantastic and I can't wait to holiday here!

8 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • sharm in may

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 31, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Hi, can you tell me what sharm is like in May? Is it full of Russians and can you recommend a good all inclusive hotel for couples. Thank you :)

1 Answer Apr 1, 2015 at 5:09 AM
    • cairo to Aswan train

Egypt Mar 24, 2015 at 8:52 AM

we are taking the first class ac recliner seats. Can someone advise how much do the seats recline? Can we get comfortable sleep?

2 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 11:17 PM
    • SmiljaD's Profile Photo

Is it possible not to visit

Hurghada Mar 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Luxor and Karnak.. is it safe????

5 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    • Indian restaurants

Cairo Mar 18, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Need names of hotels with Indian restaurants along with average per person cost for dining

1 Answer Mar 18, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Going to Sharm in a a week

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 16, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I'm going to Sharm with my family in a week. what restaurants do you recommend? where should we go or visit? i was in the Sharm 7 years ago. have many things changed since then? Are there good decent bars?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • Tipping / gratuities.

Cairo Mar 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM

We have a recent trip to Egypt coming up, Sharm el Sheikh and Cairo.
      Can anyone advise on acceptable amounts to tip in Bars / Hotels / Restaurants, also excursion guides and transfer drivers.
      We don't want to offend by giving too little, and don't want to be excessive either.
      Many thanks.

3 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 2:15 PM
    • Tipping / gratuities.

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 11, 2015 at 12:24 PM

We have a recent trip to Egypt coming up, Sharm el Sheikh and Cairo.
      Can anyone advise on acceptable amounts to tip in Bars / Hotels / Restaurants, also excursion guides and transfer drivers.
      We don't want to offend by giving too little, and don't want to be excessive either.
      Many thanks.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    • DidzisJ's Profile Photo

Nile ferry from cairo to sharm el sheik!

Cairo Feb 25, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Can somebody help me out, where i can book a ferry ride to sharm el sheik from cairo?!
      Many THX

20 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 3:40 PM
    • Beckylloyd's Profile Photo

Could someone tell me please

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 19, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Hello! Me and my boyfriend are planning on booking a holiday on Tuesday to go to sharm el sheikh in May 2015 but iv hered loads of horror stories and been reading loads about it and I'm worried. But I really want to go I just want to know wat it's like ther and will We be safe, also would be be aloud to go anywer like to see the pyramids and all that stuff like all the musiums without anything happening. Could someone tell me please before I book. Thanks

42 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM
    • passport validity

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 17, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Hi. I booked a last min holiday to sharm for me n my daughter due to leave in 2 days. I know i should have researched.. but found out passport has to be valid for 6 months after date entering... which is 19.2 15 and daughters expires 16.8.15.. 3 days less than the 6 mth rule... now i plan to travel and hope firstly they let me on the plane and secondly that she may be allowed in.. as its only 3 days..
      Please could someone advise if this may be unwise.. will they let her in.. will we get sent back?? How we supposed to get back if our flight bk is 14 days later?? Hol cost all i had and really want to take her but v worried.. please reason for constructive advice.. not just "dont go" thanks all x

10 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • worried about going now

Hurghada Feb 17, 2015 at 9:49 AM

Hi..just booked a few days ago..now with the newest events I am worried about going back..any thoughts?

4 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM
    • Sharm el sheikh safety

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 16, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Hi I'm travelling to sharm el sheikh on Thursday (19th feb 15) it's the first time travelling with my little boy so I'm nervous anyway, but I just wanted to no how safe it is, as there is a lot going on atm. Also any advice or feedback of anyone out there or who has been recently would be appreciated. I just need a bit of reassurance and to know I'm not putting my family at risk.

10 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 3:52 AM
    • Angelspy's Profile Photo

Booking Nile Cruise

Cairo Feb 15, 2015 at 8:32 AM

I will be in Cairo in the first week of April and was wondering if you can book a Nile Cruise leaving from there for about 3 days....I am a female travelling solo.

6 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • Travel to Cairo

Cairo Feb 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Hi.. My company is sending me to Cairo for an official purpose for 30 days. Is it safe to travel to Cairo now ( heard about the bombs at the airport)? Also, is there any curfew, any areas I should avoid or anything else that I should be aware of? I will be travelling alone.

3 Answers Feb 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    • Tips for first time visit

Cairo Feb 5, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Hi all! I am from the U.S. and am traveling to Cairo at the end of the month with a girlfriend. We have arranged tours/airport transport through our hotel, but are looking for any tips or recommendations for first time Cairo travelers!

Foods to try
      Appropriate attire
      Must sees
      Anything in general one should know/be aware of

Thanks!!!

6 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • Flying to Cairo on the weekend

Cairo Feb 4, 2015 at 4:25 AM

I am concerned about flying to Cairo on the weekend as i have just seen that the airport was bombed any advice would be welcomed

2 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM
    • Is it safe to make holiday in Hurgada

Egypt Jan 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Hi all,
      we will be travelling to Hurgada in Mar. Is it safe? I am bit worried due to my kids.
      cheers
      mayer

7 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 6:10 AM
    • worried about travelling to Sharm

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 30, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Hi, I have just booked on Sunday to go to Sharm El Sheikh with my family and 2 young children in June 2015, in light of the militant trouble that happened yesterday im a bit worried about going? I am over reacting or is this something I should be worried about??

7 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM
    • Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh, is it safe?

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 29, 2015 at 6:32 AM

I'm hoping to travel to sharm el sheikh 2nd wk of February, haven't booked it yet as my well traveled mother would rather I didn't due to all the trouble over there at the moment???Is it safe and is there anything I can do to stop her worrying???? Alternatively any other ideas of other places round the world with the same sort of heat and price???PLEASE HELP,,,,;-)

7 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    • Dusitlaguna's Profile Photo

Makadi Spa General Queries

Hurghada Jan 22, 2015 at 4:08 AM

Is there an ATM in the hotel and does it pay out in 10 Egyptian notes
      Are the staff happy with £1 coins as a tip
      Do the rooms have a free safe.
      Is the bottled water free, if not is there a drinks machine to top up
      Do I need to take a mosquito repellent.
      What type of electric plug adaptors do I need
      What's the best trips to go on and what ones should I avoid
      Can you recommend a decent bottle of wine, and the cost
      Is there sail boats or cats for hire
      Are there plenty of comfortable sun beds or should I take a li-lo
      Is there any natural shade on the beach.
      Any other tips would be appreciated, thank you.

22 Answers Jan 26, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Hurghada Visa

Hurghada Jan 21, 2015 at 2:22 AM

Travelling from UK to Makadi Spa, so I will need a visa which I've been told will cost $25 from a kiosk at the airport but will two passport size photos be required as well as my documents?

9 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 4:42 PM

14 day visa required

Hurghada Jan 20, 2015 at 12:59 PM

As a British national living in the UK what's the best / easiest way to obtain a visa to visit Hurghada?

6 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 6:15 AM
    • club sea resort

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 19, 2015 at 11:07 AM

This is myself and my girlfriends first time visiting egypt. Just wondering if the club sea resort is in a good location, and if the hotel/resort is as good as it sounds. very excited, any information would be appreciated, thanks.

2 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM