Egypt Travel Answers

change location

is sharm el sheikh safe to travel to in may/june 2013???

by twoey87 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM

im looking at booking a holiday soon for my partner and 4 year old daughter, ive found some reasonable priced holidays in sharm el sheikh and i know the weather is good there all year round. with all the current protests and demonstrations going on atm i was wondering if it would be safe to travel there? looking on government website it says stay well clear of the north where its all happening but surely sharm el sheikh is ok as they wouldnt still be selling holidays if it was unsafe or would they? any info would help very much
thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • planxty's Profile Photo

Re: is sharm el sheikh safe to travel to in may/june 2013???

by planxty Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Hello there and welcome to VT. You have certainly come to the right place for travel advice. It is a great site and very friendly.

As for Egypt, I should start by saying that I have not been there and hopefully some members with more personal knowledge will appear here soon to assist you. What I would say is that the situation in that region is so fluid at present that it is almost impossible to say what may be the position in May or June. I have just had to postpone a proposed trip across North Africa because of the current situation.

You do not state what Government website you are using but it is worth keeping in touch with that and the most important thing to remember is that if you are booking a package holiday, the travel company will know what the situation is and not place you in danger. The large companies are always in communication with the Govt. as, let's be honest, having tourists in potential danger really is not good for business.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 8:31 AM

if I were you I would wait and not for what you are concerned but for what there's written here
    telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne...

in any case imho it's maybe better wait before book and pay some deposit, September + six month it would be before April, still on time to book and find, eventually, good bargains if there will be tour operator still going there.

• sheri77's Profile Photo

by sheri77 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

sharm is quite safe,tranquill i'm a resident since 13 years..having a junior sometimes tight your moves :) have da same case..but i found it enjoyable going on private speedboat to tiran island for 2hrs with da family and friends,swimming,snorkeling ,having some relaxing time at the sandy beach out there,arranging a beduin dinner also is quite good.and if u like camping 1 night would be fantastic in ras mohammed.water sports with banana and tube and sea spy would chill out ur junior.some minutes for camel riding would add fun also (can be done with the bedouin dinner and stargazing) a day use at dahab at the lagoon would be much fun and don't forget to have a walk at SOHO square ,good night life over there.enjoy your stay

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Egypt Travel Answer Locations