Egypt Travel Answers

change location
lclaudio's Profile Photo

9 FULL DAYS IN EGYPT

by lclaudio Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Hi. i'll be landing cairo end of March, and have 9 full days to try know most important archeological sites(CAIRO-LUXOR-ASWAN-ABU SIBEL) on theses days...so i'd like to ask people, how many days should i spend, particularly Cairo-Luxor, considering some day trips to the others places i mentioned above...

first of all, what about Cairo, too many places to know, besides pyramids etc(interrogation), the first impression for me is that it is an interesting city to walk...

second, Aswan deserves more than one day(interrogation)..

i must say i'll be travelling my own and don't have plan to get cruisers, unless it can be strategic interesting between, only, Luxor-Aswan, to beat other places like kom ombo, edfu....

last, i have in mind do this trip leisurely(not in a hurry), so....any suggestions will be very very wellcome...

thank's in advance

luiz rio de janeiro brazil

PLEASE DONT'T YOU BE UPSET ABOUT MY TERRIBLE ENGLISH

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Poling's Profile Photo

Re: 9 FULL DAYS IN EGYPT

by Poling Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Some suggestions.
    1. Buy the overnight train ticket from Cairo to Aswan (it takes time!!)/ PM Cairo Museum
    2. Giza / Dahshur/ Saqqara (night train to Aswan)
    3. Aswan Philae, hang around
    4. Abu Simbel (short trip package), evening Felucca
    5. Nile cruise (Kom Ombo+Edfu)
    6. Nile cruise (Luxor), Luxor East shore (Karnak, Luxor temple)
    7. Luxor west shore (VOTK)
    8. Early morning Balloon ride, back to Cairo
    9. Cario hang around

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lclaudio's Profile Photo

by lclaudio Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thank's Poling....

one question...do you consider on my first full day only buying the ticket mentioned and cairo museum(interrogation)....i was thinking on doing something else....(what do you think if i, exemple, buy those tickets at night, it would work....interrog).....

second....on the day 8th, coundn't i go back' by night train to Cairo(interrog)

third....can you point a reliable cruiser company, and....what would be a good price for a top cruiser for 3 days (interrog)

that's all,,,at least, by now,,,,,,sorry for many questions.....and thank's again

luiz rj brazil

• Poling's Profile Photo

by Poling Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Overnight train from Cairo to Aswan: my experience was that I ordered in advance online, still took me an hour to get the tickets. It may take longer if you can't secure a place online for the date you want to go. I don't think ticket office works at night though. Cairo museum has lots to see. If you aren't that interested, or you are lucky to get the ticket thing done quick, you have spare time to hang around Cario. Nile cruise: there are hundreds of cruise parking at Aswan, you need to check their room and schedule (some might not fit your schedule like they might have longer trip for other locations) and of course bargain the price. I did it some years ago and don't have the updated price.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Egypt Travel Answer Locations