Egypt Travel Answers

change location

Hurghada & Luxor holiday

by crismoon Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hi!

We are a small group of 4 people that booked a holiday for Hurghada and Luxor at the beginning of March. We did not buy our flight tickets through a tourism agency, planned everything by ourselves. Can you please tell us if this is a good idea? I'm concern about our safety and thinking to reconsider our destination...

Thanks in advance for any advice! Monica

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Hurghada & Luxor holiday

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Hi there and welcome to VT.........d:o)

Yes, kit is a good idea. Egypt is one of the regions where it is dfar better to book directly with local vendors. There is a multitude of reliable local operators. If you tell me who you booked through, I can likely tel you if they are good or not.

(I am/was a tour manager for decades and have "done" Egypt, a number of times....)

As far as security is concerned, I would not worry too much. I would certainly go there today, if I had the opportunity.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • stevemt's Profile Photo

Re: Hurghada & Luxor holiday

by stevemt Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I totally agree, far cheaper and much more satisfing to do it all yourself, with the added bonus you learn so much more as well.

• Re: Hurghada & Luxor holiday

by OnlySmiles Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Yes it is a great idea to do it yourself. The Egyptians are wonderful people and will help you along the way :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Egypt Travel Answer Locations