Egypt Travel Answers

change location

safety

by shea316 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM

At the current moment is Egypt safe for tourist?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • von.otter's Profile Photo

Re: safety

by von.otter Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I was planning to visit Egypt just at the time. Other factors than safety prevented the trip from happening. I did extensive research for the trip.

Most people who visit Egypt do so on an organized tour. These tours are like living a bubble. You will be well protected. Also, keep in mind that the troubles plaguing Egypt have nothing to do with foreigners. The anger of the Egyptians is directed at their government not at visitors. Exercise common sense practices, such as keeping to your tour schedule, you will be fine.

Because most foreigners see the current turmoil in Egypt as a threat, tourism has fallen off, hurting the average Egyptian. Take a tour. Enjoy the riches of history & natural beauty the country has to offer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM

"Safe" is a relative term. I have been to Egypt a few times since the problems started and it's totally fine. Remember, they are not targeting tourist and 2,000 in a city of 20,000,000 occupying a few square blocks of one of the biggest cities in the world, it is super easy to avoid any protests.

A few years ago, when there were bombings in places like Sharm, it was more dangerous. There were still plenty of tourists then, and plenty now. Don't let CNN be your travel guide.

• hawkeye64's Profile Photo

by hawkeye64 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I have been to Egypt 5 times before and after the revolution and it's great. I'd go again in a heartbeat. The protests are only in certain areas, are easily avoided, and their internal affairs don't affect tourists. The Egyptian people are some of the friendliest people you will ever encounter. Listen to people who have been there, go and have a wonderful time. You won't regret it.

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

by vdoortje Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Why do ask? Are you planning to go to Egypt in the near future?

• walkietalkie2012's Profile Photo

by walkietalkie2012 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

just don't take the hot air balloon.. anyway I think they have ceased this..

• sheri77's Profile Photo

by sheri77 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM

if u r planning to visit sharm ,so go for it,it very quiet ,u won't any problem here

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Egypt Travel Answer Locations