Efate Travel Answers

change location

where to stay and what to do in vanuatu

by Wirbel Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 6:52 PM

hey, i need a few advices about where a good place to stay is on vanuatu. i am going there 13 - 20 dec this year (2004). are there any nice backpacker hostels near the beach. i don't need luxury but i want something nice and clean. apart from that what are good things to do while on vanuatu? scuba diving and snorkeling excluded cos i'm gonna do that anyway ;-) as i'm going on my own...is anybody else going to vanuatu the same time? hopefully someone here can help me a litle thanks miriam

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: where to stay and what to do in vanuatu

by hollyday Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 8:02 PM

Hi there, I cant really answer any of your questions about backpackers etc because I stayed at a resort hotel when I visited Vanuatu a few years back. Just wanted to say that you should have a great time there. The people we met were wonderful, it was a truly relaxed tropical island experience. I was quite surprised to discover how expensive things were but as a New Zealander, I am used to our currency being on the wrong side of the exchange rate. Have fun and enjoy the snorkelling... it's great!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CandS's Profile Photo

Re: where to stay and what to do in vanuatu

by CandS Online Now Nov 18, 2004 at 12:34 PM

With regards to prices...I've heard heaps of people say Vanuatu is expensive...but I didn't find that at all... For me, prices were fairly similar to those in Australia...meals were around12 -20 for dinner, fruit & veg are cheap etc. But some things like BBQ Shapes and Coke are a little more expensive...but not that bad compared to say Europe... ;)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Efate Travel Answer Locations