Efate Travel Answers

change location

Should i take malaria tablets if going to Vanuatu

by Shazzaboo Online Now May 16, 2004 at 5:33 PM

WE are going to Vanuatu for 7 nights and staying on Hideaway Island Resort. Should be take malaria tablets

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Should i take malaria tablets if going to Vanuatu

by cachaseiro Online Now May 16, 2004 at 5:39 PM

i would say so. vanuatu is quite bad for malaria. be sure to use the drug called malarone. it has minimum side effects and is more effective than other drugs on the market.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ray_d's Profile Photo

Re: Should i take malaria tablets if going to Vanuatu

by ray_d Online Now May 17, 2004 at 1:19 AM

As with most islands, there is always a minute chance of infection. Unless you are going to mount an expedition in the jungle the danger in the resorts is miniscule. Try this link for information: wtgonline.com/data/vut/vut08... It has been 10 years since I was there and as soon as I have a chance I will sneak another visit. Enjoy.

• CandS's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Should i take malaria tablets if going to Vanuatu

by CandS Online Now May 17, 2004 at 4:57 AM

Hi! I just got back from 11 nights in Vanuatu - it is an AMAZING place!! We had malaria tablets for our time there...we just weren't game to risk it even though most of our friends who went didn't have them. They aren't too expensive so I think it is worth you getting them anyway. Also get some insect repellant with DEET in it (Rid in a maroon container is good). I think our tablets were22 for 28 tablets... You'll have to get a prescription from your doctor first though. Good luck and have fun! I can't wait to see your pages when you get back...please let me know when they're done. :) I've just finished posting all my pics and tips on Vanuatu... :)

• Yes

by chokky_chick Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 11:47 PM

See your doctor 2 weeks b4 you travel so you are able to take the recommended dosage. It's best to be safe then sorry. Take lots of insect relpelent. You'll have a blast in Vanuatu.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Efate Travel Answer Locations