Eelde Travel Answers

change location

Ryan Air or other service between London Stansted and Eelde

by aimeebotje Online Now Nov 16, 2004 at 11:09 PM

The very convenient morning flight from Stansted to Eelde has been cancelled, I believe. I travel from Canada's far-west coast to Eelde and enjoyed flying Air Canada from Vancouver to London (Heathrow), then taking the bus to Stansted and catching the one hour flight to Eelde. It was quick and reasonable! I am at a loss now that this valuable service has been changed (the new time schedule would necessitate a sleep-over in/near London and who can afford that!). Any suggestions would be very welcome. Aimee Botje Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Ryan Air or other service between London Stansted and Eelde

by erabler Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 4:25 AM

I understand that Eelde is close to Groningen. The train would take you from Heathrow to Groningen in 9-10hrs via London, Brussels, Rotterdam. bahn.hafas.de

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Ryan Air or other service between London Stansted and Eelde

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Nov 17, 2004 at 9:46 AM

As far as I can see the only UK flight left to Groningen is Aberdeen to Groningen by Britsh Midland Airways. Heathrow to Aberdeen = UK pounds 159!! by British Midlands Aberdeen to Groningen UK pounds 272 Better go to London Gatwick (National Express 700 bus at UK pounds 17) and take Easyjet (from UK pounds 78 and up) to Amsterdam Schiphol. Than the train to Groningen (Euro 26,90). Cumbersome is the word! PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines