Edmonton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• calgary trains

Calgary Apr 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM

how much fare does it cost if I ride from Marlborough station to chinook station?

more
    • Jasper Itinerary

Jasper National Park Mar 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I'm celebrating the big 60 - so I want to make this day special towards the end of June

Planned itinerary: Hotel is in Patricia Ave Jasper

Early trip on Parkfields Iceway - first trip out! continue to Maligine Canyon - Google puts this round trip as 56 minutes - then approx. 2 hours for Parkfields Iceway

Then head in the opposite direction to Moose Lake, Berg Lake - OK I accept we have to come back into Jasper first as Moose Lake is in exactly the opposite direction. Google maps puts this at 54 minute drive

We tend to leave the hotel at about 8am, arrive back by 8pm having eaten and head straight to bed - case of seeing as much as we can - we adjust itineraries on the day as some places are too far. I might be 60 but I'm super charged and have been know to wear my sons out with our previous sightseeing!!

Evening meal: yes I want something nice but restaurant prices seem horribly expensive - could possibly take in lunch instead - thinking of Downstream Restaurant or Jasper Brewing Company - both seem to have reasonably priced food with a fairly decent selection. We can't afford to go too much upmarket as we're on a budget.

Plan to do Lake Louise Lake Bow and others from Canmore

Hoping someone can make my big 60 special! Thanks

more
    • Best time for wildflowers

Banff National Park Apr 9, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Our summer/fall is open. What's the best time for wildflowers in Canadian Rockies and best time for clear skies? I realize the latter is very unpredictable!

more
    • Hot Springs

Jasper National Park Apr 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Given that there are 3 hot springs within the par - Banff Hot springs, Radium & Miette which is the best - we could do either of them - more interested in the scenic views. We will be there 22 June until 1st July - will it be warm enough outside in a swimsuit?

Any other addition advice for a newbie visiting Canada for the first time much appreciated. Driving from Canmore through to Jasper on the Canadian Trans high way and looking forward to it. Trying to sort out fuel stations en route - any recommendations please?

Many thanks

more
    • Fuel stops/Rest Stations

Jasper National Park Apr 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM

We are driving the Trans Canadian Highway from Canmore to Jasper in the middle of June. I have been trying to find out rest stations/fuel stations enroute. The only ones I can see are: Hardisty & Deadmans Flat. Someone has mentioned that there is one at Skatchewan Crossing and that it is expensive. Whilst we will start with a full tank of fuel it would be nice to know in advance where the next fuel station is in case we hit traffic. We intend taking a picnic with us but need comfort stops - which are the best stations and the ones to avoid

Many thanks

more
    • Destination

by AshleyLogan98 Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM

From georgia what is the best way to get to edmonton canada?

5 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • MichaelC54's Profile Photo

price of alcohol

by MichaelC54 Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 3:17 AM

what is the average price of a beer

4 Answers Mar 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    • Work & Travel break in Edmonton

by daniboi2009 Online Now Oct 10, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Hi,

Can anyone please please please help me, me and a friend are looking into going to work in Edmonton from Jan 2012 on a working visa for around 3 months, but we are getting so confused.

We are trying to see about accomodation is the main problem, we need someone to stay that isnt going to cost us a fortune but isnt going to be a hostel either.

Anyone got any ideas please????

Thanks

7 Answers Oct 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    • Edmonton Internation Airport

by birdistheword Online Now Sep 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I have to wait for my flight that leaves at 6:40am.

I don't want to spend money on a hotel that I'll end up using for about 10 hours.

Would the airport staff find it odd that I'm waiting close to 7 hours in the airport for my flight to leave or they wouldn't mind?

7 Answers Oct 1, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Any VTer I can meet? ;-)

by sheherezad Online Now Jul 11, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Hi! I've been a transient in Edmonton for 7 weeks now (not the type you meet on the streets! LOL!) and noticed there are quite a few Edmontonian VTers (from my 'search' for members). Anyone I can meet in the next 8.5 weeks I'm here? ;-) Cheers!

6 Answers Oct 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Accommodation/Public Transport

by sheherezad Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 2:46 AM

I'm planning to go to Edmonton from May through September this year (best time of the year, eh?). Appreciate any advice/information on:-

1) The area around/near the Walter Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre of the University of Alberta - safe/dead/alive? ;-)

2) Availability of 4-5 months rental accommodation as close as possible to it - what might be the availability/going rate for a room (with a view?) in shared accommodation? How expensive is a one-bedroom apartment in that area?

3) Availability/efficiency of public transport in that area/Edmonton. I'd hate to have to get a car and drive on the right side of the road! :(

9 Answers May 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    • clmbsb's Profile Photo

A week in Edmonton

by clmbsb Online Now Oct 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM

My partner and I am hoping to be be given resident visas for Canada and have decided on Edmonton as our first choice for where to live.

We have booked a one week trip next May and would like some help in deciding how to best spend our time so that we see as much as the city and surrounding area as possible.

We both love nature/walking and looking at Edmonton we see lots of green :) I have read that Elk Island National Park is within easy reach to the east of the city and was wondering if people have ever used tour companies to visit as we do not plan to hire a car whilst we are in town.

I have read about the West Edmonton Mall and i think we shall take a trip here, mainly for the themepark as we enjoy rides etc.

As i have said i see lots of green around the river in the city. Can people suggest some good walks?

We shall also be having a look at different areas to live/cost/transport links etc so that if we are successful with our application we can move swiftly. Are there any areas in Edmonton that are to be avoided as I have looked at a few real estate websites and prices can vary across the city.

I am a mad sport fan, what sports are played in May?

Finally as we will be there is May, what can we expect weather wise?

Sorry for all the questions and i thank you for taking time to read and posing any replies.

Thank you

Clare

7 Answers Oct 31, 2010 at 1:08 AM
    • clmbsb's Profile Photo

Calgary Airport to Edmonton

by clmbsb Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Hi.

We will be flying into Calgary but staying in Edmonton. I understand that there is no rail link between the 2 cities so how can we get there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clare

4 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    • West Edmonton Mall

by karenesmith Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 4:17 PM

My kids and I are on Vacation and would like to know the costs of
      the
      waterpark
      dolphin show
      submarine rides
      bungee jumping
      roller coster
      sea lyon show
      galaxy land
      please send prices and a list of other attractions - not really interested in the shopping or restaraunts

2 Answers Jul 19, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    • Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Driving from Edmonton to Calgary.

by Tricky_Dicky69 Online Now Jul 18, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Hi, we're thinking of flying into Edmonton, staying a few nights, and then driving down to Calgary with a one night stop along the way. What I need to know is:
      How far is it, is it a nice drive, is there much to see / do along the way, is there somewhere that is ideal for a one night stop along the way.
      Any help would be much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Tricky Dicky

1 Answer Aug 23, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    • tanguero45's Profile Photo

Need an idea

by tanguero45 Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Hey all, it looks like I'll be heading up to Edmonton for a job interview, and may have time to kill. Now my buddies in Winnipeg tell me Whyte Ave is the place to go so I'll probably end up there. Here's the kicker, I might be moving there. Any advice on where would be a good place to live? I'm 35 Y/O (though for some reason people think I'm younger....must be the beer), I'm much more into the bar scene rather than clubbing, love my food, need to keep fit (living in Texas can make you fat. Trust me on this), and would rather run a few miles than chill in front of the tube. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers from a Canuck in Houston

2 Answers Mar 2, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    • easyout4u's Profile Photo

budget accommadations

by easyout4u Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Hi,can anybody tell me if there are any cheap hotels or hostels in downtown edmonton ?
      Does the sky shuttle go to the downtown area from the airport and whats the cost of it. thanks

1 Answer Nov 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM
    • Architecture

by Tomscott Online Now Nov 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Is there copper on the roof of the alberta parliment building?

2 Answers Dec 14, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    • Edmonton for one full day/night

by italmelb Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Hello All

I will be Edmonton for one full day in December so i was wondering if you could tell me what sort of things i can do to fill up my time while i am there!

I love taking photos so i'll definitely be doing that a lot
      is there any particular attraction apart from the mall that i should be visiting?
      where is the best place to take photos of the city? what about any nice restaurants? good breakfast places? bakeries?

Any advice is welcome!

3 Answers Sep 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM
    • Downtown !

by Travellercam Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have booked 3 days in Edmonton and this will be my first stop on my Canadian Trip in August.

The main reason for my trip is to visit the West Edmonton mall and as i understand the Bed and Breakfast i have booked into on 102nd street is only a 12 minute taxi ride away.

Just wondering, How big are the theme parks? Am i being unrealistic if i think i can get through the adventure park in a couple of hours? Or are they like the Disney Parks?

I was thinking i may have to skip the water park due to time restraints, What about the rest of the mall? is it worth a look through or do locals think it's a little overrated? I'm not really a big shopper but being there i think i will buy a few things.

I notice the guide books keep saying there's not much to see in downtown, Is that true? Can anyone give me ideas on what else besides the mall, 124th St shopping strip is a must see?

ANy info would be great!

Cheers

Cam

4 Answers Feb 18, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    • spongebob71's Profile Photo

airport to the mall

by spongebob71 Online Now Dec 31, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I plan on staying at the Fantasyland hotel thingie in the mall. Any suggestions what's cheaper to/from the airport. Its me and two children.

6 Answers Jan 14, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    • Tips when travelling to edmonton

by shucuz Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 4:08 AM

hi
      could u please inform me on the most virtual informaiton i will need to know when travelling to edmonton from Australia such as currency, weather, what to do and see, and accomadtion tips, and any safety tips thanks.

3 Answers Aug 5, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    • oldbroad

by frappied Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Please let me know if there is park & ride for Labatts Blues Festival in hawrelac Park starting Aug. 22

1 Answer Aug 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    • Standard of living in Edmonton

by yepeiyan Online Now May 26, 2008 at 3:03 AM

Hi!

I'm actually travelling over to Edmonton for an exchange program this summer. I'm curious about the standard of living in Edmonton. How much CND will I need to bring to enable me to live reasonably for 6 weeks?

Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 6, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    • my birthday

by DanceStar86 Online Now May 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM

i am headed to edmonton for my bday on the 24th .never been to a club or even a lounge there.and will be 22.want to know where the best places r to go for bdays but i want to dance all night long to the best music.where do i go

1 Answer Jun 18, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    • reward points

by md0041 Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 9:13 AM

We stayed at the Hilton this past weekend April 12 2008 and really enjoyed our stay.We have stayed there before and always were very pleased.I was told that there is some kind or rewards program where you accumulate points for future stays.We were not told this at time of check in so I was wondering how to go about it and if we can get credited for past stays.
      Thank-you

Dave and Lynn Gervais

2 Answers Apr 15, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    • Mark_B's Profile Photo

Hotels?

by Mark_B Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Hi,we are coming to Canada in July and will be spending a few days in Edmonton.
      Just wondered which hotel to stay in? We want to be close to restaurants,bars etc,any help would be great thanks Mark.

4 Answers Mar 8, 2008 at 11:27 AM
    • la-lola's Profile Photo

THINGS TO DO IN EDMONTON BESIDES THE MALL

by la-lola Online Now Nov 7, 2007 at 8:03 PM

HI.. I'M GOING TO EDMONTON THIS WEEKEND... BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING TO STAY YET... HOW FAR IS GREYHOUND FROM THE MALL?? IS HI-EDMONTON OK?? ANY OTHER HOSTELS??

WHAT OTHER THINGS ARE IN EDMONTON TO SEE... I WANT TO GO TO THE MALL ONE DAY, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO THE OTHER DAY...ANY SUGGESTIONS??

3 Answers Dec 24, 2007 at 2:41 PM
    • edmonton restaurant suggestions

by ltt Online Now Sep 18, 2007 at 2:54 PM

i'm looking for an unique, elegant, quiet (she's hard of hearing) restaurant to take an elderly person too. we live in edmonton so i'm quite familiar with the most popular ones. just wondered if anyone could recommend anything that maybe in their neighborhood that might not be well known. type of food doesn't really matter. decore, good food and good service. an example of the type of restaurant we really liked was the madison's grill. but, i would like something a little less expensive this time - entrees around20. any suggestions for some hidden gems. thanks.

2 Answers Sep 18, 2007 at 3:40 PM
    • exchange rates

by scobling1979 Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 2:32 AM

Basic im coming to canada in august and wanted to know the exchange rate whether i should buy it here in england at a rate 2.0 dollars to the pound or buy it in canada any one have a idea on the rate at the moment in canada

thanks

3 Answers Jul 20, 2007 at 6:41 AM
    • NEWBIE in Edmonton :-)

by platosadventurer Online Now May 21, 2007 at 7:29 PM

Is there anyone from Edmonton, that would like to show a NEWF around...or have any advice about where I should visit? I will be on my own, and no not a single soul there. I will be renting a car...and have my own place to stay...

:-)

1 Answer May 21, 2007 at 8:45 PM
    • go back to school

by george555 Online Now May 11, 2007 at 8:54 AM

What grade are you in? do you happen to know the contents that are supposed to be in a descriptive paragraph. That didn't helpo us at all. :(

2 Answers May 12, 2007 at 8:50 AM
    • Great Restaurant - R.C. Church, Great Museum and IMAX theatre

by platosadventurer Online Now May 10, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Hi,
      I'm going to Edmonton in 2 weeks...wanna do all of the above...will be staying at fantasyland...renting a car. I guess I need names, addresses, and maybe map websites/maps...but I'm a very reserved individual and I don't want to end up in any "seedy" areas lol... but also I know that someone out there will recommend some great information for me ;-)

:-)

1 Answer May 11, 2007 at 10:20 PM
    • Edmonton bus station

by gchristie Online Now Mar 13, 2007 at 1:32 PM

I'll be arriving in Edmonton at 23.40 and will have to wait for my connecting bus the next morning at 06.50. Will it be ok for me to hang around until the morning i.e. is anything open at this time near to the bus station? Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2007 at 4:09 PM
    • Coffee Shop recommend ????

by dxbgirl Online Now Jan 12, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Hi,

I plan to visit Edmonton soon to meet a very dear friend and will have only a few hours. Would like some recommendations on a nice quiet, cozy and comfortable coffee shop where we would be comfortable to sit, relax and chat for a few hours. Comfortable seating with privacy to carry a conversation and a relaxed atmosphere a must. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Will stay at the Crown Plaza so perhaps something nearby ? It has been many years since visiting Edmonton so I really need help !

3 Answers Jan 15, 2007 at 2:53 PM