Edmonton Travel Answers

change location
tanguero45's Profile Photo

Need an idea

by tanguero45 Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Hey all, it looks like I'll be heading up to Edmonton for a job interview, and may have time to kill. Now my buddies in Winnipeg tell me Whyte Ave is the place to go so I'll probably end up there. Here's the kicker, I might be moving there. Any advice on where would be a good place to live? I'm 35 Y/O (though for some reason people think I'm younger....must be the beer), I'm much more into the bar scene rather than clubbing, love my food, need to keep fit (living in Texas can make you fat. Trust me on this), and would rather run a few miles than chill in front of the tube. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers from a Canuck in Houston

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Babcia's Profile Photo

Re: Need an idea

by Babcia Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 8:06 PM

You may want to consider living within an easy commute of your work. Although Edmonton isn't Houston, because of the endless construction on the major roads, traffic can be a pain in the butt. Except for some of the more run down areas on the east and close north-east side of the downtown area, most of Edmonton is OK. And if you can avoid having to cross the river to get to work, it'll save you aggravation on the daily commute.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Re: Need an idea

by Karlie85 Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 9:49 AM

If you get the job, shoot me an e-mail and let me know what part of town it's in. I can give you some more specific advice that way. Whyte Ave area or Downtown would both be good choices, though. Lots of pubs and restaurants on Whyte Ave and Jasper Ave downtown, and both close to the river valley so you can go for a run or a bike ride, etc. Again, once you know you're coming here, I can give you more specific advice.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines