Edmonton Travel Answers

change location

Relocating to Canada

by Lorena1978 Online Now Aug 19, 2006 at 3:20 AM

Hi everyone,
Me and my boyfriend are going to relocate to Canada shortly, so I would like to know a couple of things: cost of living, health care (about the insurance).
rentals (for 1 or a 2 bedroom apartment). Any area of Toronto is fine, but close to public transport and ammenities.
Does anyone know if Scarborough, Toronto East is a nice part of the city? are there enough public transport and ammenities in that area?
I would also like to know about the job market.
Thanks again to all!!!!!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Hobbsie1's Profile Photo

RE: Relocating to Canada

by Hobbsie1 Online Now Aug 21, 2006 at 5:20 PM

you should probably post in the Toronto forum. you posted this in the Edmonton forum, and you probably wont get any responses about toronto in here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Arial_27's Profile Photo

RE: Relocating to Canada

by Arial_27 Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 10:09 PM

Hey,

The cost of living- it really depends. If you're looking for an apartment in Toronto for example, rent per month can range anywhere from500 -1,000 CAN or more. (It just depends how nice the apartment is) and since you're looking for 2 bedrooms it probably will be closer to1,000. Scarborough is a nice place; not as crowded as the downtown area but many parts there aren't as close to the subway line. There will still be buses however to take you to the subway. The Metropolitan Zoo is also in Scarborough! In my opinion, its one of the nicer parts of the city and I think you'll like it there. If I were you'd I'd do an online search of available accomodation and the approximate costs. Here's a good website for you to view: gscrentals.com/Apartments/Sc...

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I used to live in Toronto and have spent a fair bit of time there recently.

Good luck :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines