Edinburgh Castle

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dunvegan to Kyle of Lochalsh

Isle of Skye Jul 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Hi! I'll be back packing around isle of skye at the end of August. I want to explore some hikes around Portree and Dunvegan. And I'm looking for the cheapest option of getting from dunvegan to kyle of Lochalsh. I'm catching a train from Kyle to glasgow. Any ideas?

more
    • buy lingustine

Crinan Jul 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi all, coming up to visit crinan this monday, would love to buy some fresh lingustine from the pier to take home, can anyone tell me what time the fishing boats land? n also if they will sell to individuals?
      thanks in advance :)

more
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

more
    • Transportation around Inverness

Inverness Jun 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM

We want to visit MacBean(MacBain) Memorial Gardens near Inverness. How can we get there?

more
    • Long term furnished accomodation

Scotland Jul 16, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Having a difficult time finding something that would fit our "dreams" (fantasies?). We are a newly retired couple in our 60's with a small dog (10 lbs, well-behaved). We hope to stay in Scotland for 4 months, mid-May to mid-Sept. 2015. Ideally we would like to rent an en-suite room in a home of a mature couple, widow or widower. It needs to be on a bus line as we won't have a car. Ideal locations are Edinburgh, Perth or Ayr. We would like to work on geneology, share stories with our host(s), cook, walk the dog, get to know the neighbors & community, in general, feel the vibe of living in Scotland. And yes, my ancestors left Glasgow & Ayrshire in the late 1800's, so it's about my roots. Would also consider caring for someone's home (we are actually house sitting at present for 14 months, so will arrive with a good recommendation). Also, wouldn't be opposed to helping with some minor indoor repairs, painting, gardening, animal care, shopping, or cooking.

more
    • OBAN Railroad Station

Oban Jun 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How far is the Oban Railroad Station from the port where the Crystal Symphony be anchored? How much will a taxi cost? Or is there a bus?
      There is a 2-1/2-Hour bus tour but I need to get to the Railroad Station. Thanks for your help.

more
    • Ferry from oban to liverpool?

Oban Jul 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I can't find this route on any of the ferry websites. Is there a ferry from oban to liverpool? Thanks.

more
    • What should I pack

Fort William Jul 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Holidaying in Fort William area at beginning of August, what should I take to wear?

more
    • how to reach isle of skye from edinburgh-waverly station

Isle of Skye Jul 1, 2014 at 3:34 AM

hi, i will be travelling to scotland in the month of july and have already booked the hotel . we are family of 7, we want to visit isle of skye.since the booking of the hotel has already been done so the visit will be a day tour. can u please suggest the best way to reach the place

more
    • parking...crowne plaza

by sunshine2711 Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Where is near to park as the hotel car park is full! We go tomorrow for two nights.

8 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    • How to dress, what to see

by ArmandAlmaraz1951 Online Now Feb 9, 2006 at 8:11 PM

Will be in Scotland (afore ye!) and Ireland in March, '06. Need to know how warmly to dress without looking like a total tourist first of all. Going to Edinburgh for sail training research at the University. Then, I want to see what I MUST see before flying to Dublin. Thanks

4 Answers Feb 10, 2006 at 2:32 AM
    • Edinburgh Castle - is it worth it??? Loch Ness Dud???

by AngusGlen Online Now Mar 22, 2004 at 8:30 AM

I am planning to hire a car and drive round Scotland for a week / ten days, in July or August this year. I've been reading comments and get the impression that Ed Castle isn't very good and is too crowded? What d oyou think? Where is best to go instead? Also, Loch Ness is high on my agenda but lots say that is rubbish. Is there anything worth seeing in Scotland, or is its best known attractions no good? Any info on car hire, best deals, versus coach travel and problems getting t oway out places would help. Many thanks Angus

12 Answers Mar 25, 2004 at 6:55 PM