Travel Answers
Edinburgh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

by charlesracine Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

2 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • hotel in edinburg

by vbpunjabi Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

4 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • AdrianaW's Profile Photo

Safety with luggage - which one to bring?

by AdrianaW Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hello, I'm coming to the Edinburgh in april 2014 and I have for me very important question. What about daily luggage? When I will be in the city, walking, is safe to have a backpack? I am talking about thiefs. Do I need someting, what I can see, or is backpack alright? Many thanks for your answers.

9 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM
    • Best restaurants/pubs/cafes in Edinburgh

by MStam Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Hi there!
      I am going to stay in Edinburgh for three days and I am looking for some nice places to eat and some picturesque pubs.
      Do you have some tips for me? The trip is a sort of romantic get-away, we are both students so are budgets are not that extensive.
      Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 4:54 AM
    • Trip to Edinburgh with a 10 month old baby

by schakravorti Online Now Dec 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hi All,

Me and my wife are traveling to Edinburgh with my 10 month old baby on the 20th of Dec.

Any tips on what attractions would be feasible for us to visit during our 3 days stay.
      Thanks

Som..

5 Answers Dec 18, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    • Faycarlosbrown's Profile Photo

Edinburgh visit in mid November

by Faycarlosbrown Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

What is good to see in Edinburgh around November time?

4 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • Dunli's Profile Photo

Edinburgh Airport parking

by Dunli Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Hello Friends,
      I'm about to arrange car parking at Edinburgh Airport. I have been quoted a favourable price for the 8 weeks I require to leave the car. The options are for the long stay car park or the terminal surface parking. The web site states that the terminal surface parking is ideal for short stay parking although it has quoted a price for 8 weeks.
      I suppose it would be better for the car in winter if it was parked under cover in a multi story park. I don't know the layout of the parking at Edinburgh airport and would appreciate any advice from fellow travellers.

Regards,
      Dunli

3 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Where to go

by elpariente Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

We are spending two and one half day in Edingurgh
      In one side we think that there are plenty of things to see in town for this short time , but in the other we think that there are many interesting places at a short distance
      What do you think about visiting St Andrews or Rosslyn Chapel ?
      Which is the best way to reach these places with public transport ?
      Thank you
      Gracias !!

11 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    • "Traditional" Haggis ceremony

by Judy.care Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

We are going to be in Edinburgh on a tour and one of the optional offerings is a dinner with a "traditional Haggis" ceremony. I am not sure this would be worth the price. £60?

17 Answers Aug 24, 2013 at 2:40 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh - any 1/2 day tours

by csuresh Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM

I am looking to travel Scottish Highlands from Edinburgh but all tours are 9 hours or more. Is there any tours that are only around 4-6 hours that I can get a feel of the highlands/lake etc. 9hours or more will be definitely tough for our group!! Travel date is next weekend!!

6 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Visiting Edinburgh in September 2013

by RituPrasad Online Now Aug 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Hi all, I am going to Edinburgh in September this year and would like to seek your advise on the must see attractions and any tips for Edinburgh visit. I will be there for 2 nights. Was thinking of going to Inverness for a day trip. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

7 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    • kehale's Profile Photo

Best Breakfast in Edinburgh

by kehale Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Hi There. We'll be taking the train from Glasgow into Edinburgh Waverley on September 3. Our train arrives shortly after 7:00am, and we are looking for a great place to have breakfast that is walking distance from the station. We hope to visit the Castle afterwards, so if it's in the same direction, bonus - if not, no big deal. We don't mind walking a little and seeing places by foot (that's our plan anyway). Open to all suggestions! :) (Also suggestions for things we should squeeze in since we'll only be in the city for the day). Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Fringe in September

by elpariente Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Is any activity of the FRINGE in the first days of September ?
      5 to 8 th of September
      Thank you - Gracias !!!

2 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM

B&b hotel in September

by elpariente Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM

We are a group of ten persons , that are spending a few days in Edinburgh
      Can you recommend us a nice b&b or hotel in a nice location , in the centre and not very expensive
      If you know it or have references about it, much better
      I know , that I may find it in Internet but a recommendation should be appreciated
      Thank you Gracias !!!

2 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • sheilaashton's Profile Photo

hogmanay pass

by sheilaashton Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I am staying in the mercure hotel on princes street for Hogmanay. Do I have to purchases a street ticket.

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • Arriving late, traveling alone, where should I stay?

by amc001 Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I'm flying into Edinburgh Thursday, July 25th at 2330. I'm a single young adult woman and I'm nervous trying to navigate my way around. I need an easily accessible hotel or bed in breakfast around 50 euros. Can I take the airport bus that late at night? Is there a place to stay that I can get to by the airport bus? Does this operate at night? I need some tips on what I should do and where I should stay for a couple of nights.

3 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Accomodation help

by csuresh Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM

We booked train tickets seeing a good deal for the holiday period here during August last week. Then we checked Hotels prices near Edinburgh to find it very high with websites showing 75% to 200% price higher than normal days. I require help in knowing a good safe suburban hotel well connected by local trains that will reduce my hotel rate. Considering that we are 4 adults and 2 kids from a family, we will save a lot if we reduce this hotel rate.

Help please.

6 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    • Visiting Edinburgh by car

by Fritzi_min Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Hi, we are going to Edinburgh by car. Do you have any advice where to park the car overnight (for free) while staying at a hostel. Or do you know any hostel a bit out of town with a parking spot? Thanks!

3 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM
    • PatriciaC22's Profile Photo

Scott Monument

by PatriciaC22 Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Can anyone tell me please, how much time I need to visit Scott Monument?

Cheers

5 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • valipavaloi's Profile Photo

Road to Edinburgh

by valipavaloi Online Now May 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I plan to travel from Birmingham to Edinburgh. What can i visit and where to go?

6 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    • MintMcCloud's Profile Photo

Three Day Trip To Scotland ?

by MintMcCloud Online Now May 7, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Hi , I'm going to be in England this summer for a summer camp and I was thinking about visiting Scotland but I'll only have a weekend to do this trip. I was planning to take a train from London to Edinburgh on Friday and come back on Sunday. But I'd also like to see Highlands as well, so is it possible for me to take another train to Inverness from Edinburgh after a day in Edinburgh ?

To sum up I'm planning :

-London-Edinburgh [ Thursday afternoon via train (It's 4.5 hours I guess ? ) ]

Friday : Edinburgh

- Edinburgh-Inverness [ Friday night via train ( 3.5 - 4 hours ? )

Saturday : Inverness ( Loch Ness? , Cawdor Castle? , Highland Wildlife Park?, Eilean Donan Castle ? )

- Inverness-London [ Sunday morning via train ]

So what do you think ? Is it possible ? Any suggestions ?

( by the way I'm 16 years old and going to get a BritRailYouthPass )

10 Answers May 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
    • daarth's Profile Photo

The Witchery

by daarth Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Will be in Edinburgh this week-end, and was thinking of booking a table at the Witchery for the wife's 50th birthday. I see there are two dining rooms, and I want to choose the best. Anyone know the difference? One is called the secret garden and the other the Witchery.
      thanks

4 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Weather in September

by elpariente Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Is it early September a good time to visit Edinburgh and Scotland, in respect to the weather and rain ?
      Thank you
      Gracias !!!

11 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Real ale pubs,

by jonathanbarker Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Hello,
      Next weekend I am travelling in Scotland and will plan to spend a day in Edinburgh, I will be joining a walking tour and depending on my colleague I may want to find somewhere fairly local to have some lunch, I enjoy good pub food and real ale. I recall visiting some pubs in the narrow passages around the Royal Mile.

4 Answers Apr 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • Jozigirl's Profile Photo

Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel

by Jozigirl Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I am looking to book at the Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel. It seems a very good price and close to the city centre. All I really need is a clean room with a good bed to sleep in and a shower, nothing fancy. Is this an okay neighbourhood?

4 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • Ways to get from Edinburgh center to Edinburgh airport

by s083629 Online Now Sep 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM

What ways are there to get from city center to the airport? Is there a train? Bus? Does a cab minimize the hassle at reasonable expense?

5 Answers Sep 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    • claretmacca's Profile Photo

Edinburgh November

by claretmacca Online Now Sep 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Hi. Seasoned traveller around many European capitals but never done Edinburgh. So will be going in November fo rmy birthday with my other half.

Any tips on what to definitely do, what to definitely not do etc

We will be there Bonfire weekend if this helps.

We love London but also love cities what (I imagine) Edinburgh are like. Also is it expensive?

We like to get out and about, have a drink and good food but not party etc.

Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Sep 8, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    • what should I wear to not look like an American tourist?

by LeiahBowden Online Now Aug 6, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I;m a seasoned traveler and like to dress like the locals if possible. At a lively 68, I wonder if the jeans and nice T-shirts I wear in New York with my Birkenstocks will be OK in Edinburgh. What do you advise?
      Thanks.

20 Answers Jan 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    • British Open

by nancyadie Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 4:49 AM

I would really love to take my husband to the British Open in Muirfield in 2013. My question is how much would a taxi be from Queensferry to Muirfield and how long would it take. A cruise ship will be in port on July 20 and I was thinking this would be the best way for us to see the British Isles and get to the tournament as well. My husbands family came from Edinburgh so he would love to see it.

1 Answer Aug 5, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    • Rojo72's Profile Photo

Hotel

by Rojo72 Online Now Jul 25, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Hello,

I would like your expert advice on Edinburgh. I've never been there and probably won't go any time soon but my parents want to go there this automn so I've done a few checks on the web for suitable airline tickets and hotel deals and found a few that seems to have reasonable rates. The important factors are these:

1. Closeness to city centre without being in a very, very noisy area during night. My mother is slightly disabled and would prefer not to walk very far so a 2km walk at night to get home is out of the question and she would like to not have to take a cab each night (or a bus).

2. A nice hotel.

So any ideas would be nice. Are the suggestions below in the city center? Is there even such a thing? What would you say the perimieters of the city center would be if my suggestions arre wrong?

Here are the hotels I've found:
      The Knight Residence, 12 Lauriston Street, EH3 9DJ, Edinburgh
      The Ben Doran Guest House, 11 Mayfield Gardens, EH9 2AX, Edinburgh

Best regards
      Roger

5 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM