Edinburgh Travel Answers

change location
Jozigirl's Profile Photo

Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel

by Jozigirl Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I am looking to book at the Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel. It seems a very good price and close to the city centre. All I really need is a clean room with a good bed to sleep in and a shower, nothing fancy. Is this an okay neighbourhood?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel

by Agraichen Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I've only walked that area but not stayed at the Travelodge. It seems like a good neighborhood. The A90 would be the most direct route to the Castle and city center and buses are convenient.
    The last couple times I've been to Edinburgh I've stayed at the Apex in Grassmarket because of it's location. Walking to the Castle, Gardens, and even the the Princes Street area is quite convenient from there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Yes I have stayed in the Apex in Grassmarket as well ....and it was so convenient as the previous poster has said. There are two Apex side by side...one more up market...but both are OK...Apex City was the cheaper one.
    "Handy and Basic" - Apex City Hotel Tip by wise23girl

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

by Flying.Scotsman Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Although I have never stayed at that particular Travelodge, in general the standard is quite good - basic, but comfortable. The Learmonth Travelodge is in a lovely old terrace of upmarket town houses, quite unlike the more common edge of town purpose built Travelodges. The area is mainly residential although it is a short walk to Princes Street, Dean Village and Stockbridge and the New Town. I would regard it as a good choice. The Grassmarket location previously mentioned is more central and close to bars and restaurants - a plus or a minus depending on what you are looking for. Enjoy Edinburgh. Bruce

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Travelodge Edinburgh Learmonth Hotel

by Calecorazon Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

It is a nice posh-ish area, so you should be fine. It's also within walking distance from west end - castle area.

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines