Ecuador

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Location of hotels

Papallacta Aug 25, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Is Hosteria Pampallacta near Termas de Papallacta; i.e. walking distance, how far? Thanks!

more
    • maidadee's Profile Photo

Meeting up with others

Ecuador Aug 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Hello, is anyone going to be in Ecuador during the weeks of October 18 to November 7th. I am starting out in Quito and making my way down to Cuenca via Banos and Quilotao (praying that Cotapaxi will not erupt or cause problems) and then flying back to Quito from where I head home.

If anyone will be there it would be great to meet up either for a dinner or afternoon or to travel by bus between locations or even to spend a few days if we are in the same place at the same time.

Hoping to meet you all.

more

Ecuador itinerary

Ecuador Aug 22, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Hello, I am visiting Ecuador for 3 weeks in mid October. I will be arriving in Quito on Oct 18th in the afternoon and then flying out from Quito on November 7th in the morning to and from Quito (UIO) airport. Is this airport the newer one that is an hour and a half from Quito? If so I will see if I can stay close to the airport on my final evening there since I leave early in the morning. Any suggestions?

Here is what I would ideally like to see. I would like to spend a couple of days in Quito. I would also like to visit Otavalo and maybe Mindo (if I can fit it in) and also the avenue of the volcanoes. I would then like to make my way down to Cuenca and see Lake Quilatoa and Banos along the way.

I would then have to make my way back from Cuenca up to Quito which I will do a few days before I leave. It was suggested that I fly back from Cuenca to Quito since it they are quite a distance apart. I was wondering if alternately I could stop on the way there at Quilatoa and then on the way back at Banos in order to cut down on bus times. I would then spend my last day or two in Quito before heading home.

Would my itinerary be doable in 3 weeks or would I have to cut out some places. I would rather keep it so that I stay at least 3 or 4 nights in some places and maybe a couple of nights in the places along the way so that I am not running myself ragged. Can Otavalo be done as a day trip to and from Quito?

Sorry for all the questions but your help would be appreciated. I am also doing as much reading and asking as I can to do my homework.

Thank you.

more
    • Surfing lessons in Canoa in September?

Ecuador Aug 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I would love to take some surfing lessons but I read that September is not the best month for surfing – so what does it mean, is surfing impossible at all?
      Also, I read about “garua” – what kind of weather should we expect in September on the beaches (Canoa, Bahia, Puerto Lopez?)
      Thank you!

more
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Getting around on Santa Cruz Island

Galápagos Islands Aug 24, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Our hotel is 20 minutes from the coast on Santa Cruz island. Is there car rental or taxi service available?

more
    • Rickjo's Profile Photo

Private Transfer service from Quito´s Airport

Quito Aug 12, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I gonna arrive at Quito´s airport at 23:00 approximately the next week, I don want to take a taxi or a public bus, can someone advise me a private service to contact them? reliable guys please...

more

Flying in and out of Ecuador

Ecuador Aug 15, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Hello, I am in the planning stages of my 3 week trip to Ecuador in October and would like to possibly visit Quito and then make my way down to Cuenca stopping off at a place or two on the way. I was originally going to do a round trip and fly in and out of Quito which means that I would have to make my way back from Cuenca either by bus or by plane. Now I am wondering if it might be easier for me to fly home from Guyaquil. I have heard it is not that nice a city but I don't mind staying there one night on my last night. Would it be closer from Cuenca to go to Guyaquil rather than go back up to Quito?

more
    • Reserve travel in advance or book on the spot?

Ecuador Aug 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi,
      we are travelling in September for 2 weeks, thinking of Quito – Cuenca - Puerto Lopez (Isla de la Plata) – Bahia/ Canoa – Quito.

Question 1: Regarding the accommodations and travels for local buses or flights, do we need to book everything in advance, or can we do it on the spot? It would be nice to be flexible and stay a few extra days in one place if we like it. (I speak Spanish fluently – this must help…)

Question 2: Overnight bus Canoa – Quito: has anybody taken it? how safe is it?

May thanks!

more
    • Changing dates with TAME

Ecuador Aug 11, 2015 at 6:17 PM

So I am here in Ecuador now because I am using a Round-Trip Flight. I got here from JFK airport in june 27th and i will be heading there in august 27th. i want to change of heading to JFK but I don't know the fees neither if it is possible, please help. Thank you.

more
    • Location of hotels

Papallacta Aug 25, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Is Hosteria Pampallacta near Termas de Papallacta; i.e. walking distance, how far? Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 25, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Meeting up with others

Ecuador Aug 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Hello, is anyone going to be in Ecuador during the weeks of October 18 to November 7th. I am starting out in Quito and making my way down to Cuenca via Banos and Quilotao (praying that Cotapaxi will not erupt or cause problems) and then flying back to Quito from where I head home.

If anyone will be there it would be great to meet up either for a dinner or afternoon or to travel by bus between locations or even to spend a few days if we are in the same place at the same time.

Hoping to meet you all.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Getting around on Santa Cruz Island

Galápagos Islands Aug 24, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Our hotel is 20 minutes from the coast on Santa Cruz island. Is there car rental or taxi service available?

3 Answers Aug 25, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Ecuador itinerary

Ecuador Aug 22, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Hello, I am visiting Ecuador for 3 weeks in mid October. I will be arriving in Quito on Oct 18th in the afternoon and then flying out from Quito on November 7th in the morning to and from Quito (UIO) airport. Is this airport the newer one that is an hour and a half from Quito? If so I will see if I can stay close to the airport on my final evening there since I leave early in the morning. Any suggestions?

Here is what I would ideally like to see. I would like to spend a couple of days in Quito. I would also like to visit Otavalo and maybe Mindo (if I can fit it in) and also the avenue of the volcanoes. I would then like to make my way down to Cuenca and see Lake Quilatoa and Banos along the way.

I would then have to make my way back from Cuenca up to Quito which I will do a few days before I leave. It was suggested that I fly back from Cuenca to Quito since it they are quite a distance apart. I was wondering if alternately I could stop on the way there at Quilatoa and then on the way back at Banos in order to cut down on bus times. I would then spend my last day or two in Quito before heading home.

Would my itinerary be doable in 3 weeks or would I have to cut out some places. I would rather keep it so that I stay at least 3 or 4 nights in some places and maybe a couple of nights in the places along the way so that I am not running myself ragged. Can Otavalo be done as a day trip to and from Quito?

Sorry for all the questions but your help would be appreciated. I am also doing as much reading and asking as I can to do my homework.

Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Flying in and out of Ecuador

Ecuador Aug 15, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Hello, I am in the planning stages of my 3 week trip to Ecuador in October and would like to possibly visit Quito and then make my way down to Cuenca stopping off at a place or two on the way. I was originally going to do a round trip and fly in and out of Quito which means that I would have to make my way back from Cuenca either by bus or by plane. Now I am wondering if it might be easier for me to fly home from Guyaquil. I have heard it is not that nice a city but I don't mind staying there one night on my last night. Would it be closer from Cuenca to go to Guyaquil rather than go back up to Quito?

4 Answers Aug 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM
    • Surfing lessons in Canoa in September?

Ecuador Aug 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I would love to take some surfing lessons but I read that September is not the best month for surfing – so what does it mean, is surfing impossible at all?
      Also, I read about “garua” – what kind of weather should we expect in September on the beaches (Canoa, Bahia, Puerto Lopez?)
      Thank you!

2 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • Reserve travel in advance or book on the spot?

Ecuador Aug 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi,
      we are travelling in September for 2 weeks, thinking of Quito – Cuenca - Puerto Lopez (Isla de la Plata) – Bahia/ Canoa – Quito.

Question 1: Regarding the accommodations and travels for local buses or flights, do we need to book everything in advance, or can we do it on the spot? It would be nice to be flexible and stay a few extra days in one place if we like it. (I speak Spanish fluently – this must help…)

Question 2: Overnight bus Canoa – Quito: has anybody taken it? how safe is it?

May thanks!

4 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • Rickjo's Profile Photo

Private Transfer service from Quito´s Airport

Quito Aug 12, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I gonna arrive at Quito´s airport at 23:00 approximately the next week, I don want to take a taxi or a public bus, can someone advise me a private service to contact them? reliable guys please...

3 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    • Changing dates with TAME

Ecuador Aug 11, 2015 at 6:17 PM

So I am here in Ecuador now because I am using a Round-Trip Flight. I got here from JFK airport in june 27th and i will be heading there in august 27th. i want to change of heading to JFK but I don't know the fees neither if it is possible, please help. Thank you.

6 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 8:34 AM
    • clothing to pack for quito september/october

Quito Jul 26, 2015 at 12:21 AM

l will be travelling to quito september 18th to 28th September then travelling to galapogos islands for a further 6 days stopping in los angeles on the way home. on th 7th October.
      What clothing to pack?

2 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 5:29 AM
    • One month in acuador

Quito Jul 21, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I be going to acuador and galabacos island in February and I am into nature and scenery I like to walk but not alot.. can anyone give me some sort of iternary pls.. much appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 9:23 PM
    • Purchase waterproof jacket

Quito Jul 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Where's the best place to buy a cheap waterproof jacket. My son has been had his rucksack stolen

6 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    • Want to visit cayambe snow cap

Cayambe Jun 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM

We live in quito and have a group of 7 peoples. Want to visit cayambe snow cap of 1 day trip. What is the best way to get there from quito with ease and budget.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

To El Bosque Petrificado Puyango

Ecuador Jun 7, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Next time I go to Ecuador I would like to visit El Bosque Petrificado Puyango.

How can I get there by public transport from Lojas? How long would it take?

How can I get there by public transport from Zaruma? How long would it take?

5 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 8:29 PM
    • June cultural events

Cuenca Jun 3, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Is there an online source for information on cultural events such as theater, music, dance, etc. in Cuenca? We'll be visiting there June 10-18 and hope to soak up some culture. We're more interested in live events than in museums, sights, etc. I've found a calendar or two but they only show club meetings and such. Thanks! -- Jerry and Cindy

3 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 12:59 AM
    • Fishing in cajas

Cajas May 28, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Are there such a thing fishing in cajas

2 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 1:05 AM
    • Ferry from Baltra to Santa Cruz

Galápagos Islands May 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Hello,
      I am arriving at Baltra airport at 11:30am. I have read that it takes a while to go through customs and pay for the entrance fee.
      If I miss the 2pm ferry to Santa Cruz, are there any alternatives to getting to Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz? I've been looking at various forums, but haven't found anything.
      Thank you!

3 Answers May 8, 2015 at 11:56 PM
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Reserva Ecológica El Ángel

El Ángel May 1, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Next time I go to Ecuador I would like to visit Reserva Ecológica El Angel.

The only hotel in the vicinity that I can find reviews about is the Polylepis Lodge. It is too expensive for me so I’m looking for something cheaper in the town El Angel. Has anyone stayed at Hostería El Angel. What did you think about that place? And how much did it cost (Lonely Planet says $18 and The Rough Guide $60, but that is for two persons I think). Or, has anyone stayed in another hotel that you can recommend?

Is it easy to hike on your own in the reserve, or is it necessary to have a guide?
      During the hike to Lagunas El Voladero and on to Laguna de Potrerillos I know that you will see frailejones, but what about the polylepis trees? Are they there too?

How easy is it to go to the reserve on my own?
      How much would it cost to take a guided tour from El Angel?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Visiting Ecuador

Ecuador Apr 5, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I am thinking of visiting Ecuador around October/November of this year. I am hoping to take 3 weeks in total and would like to visit Quito, Banos, Cuenca and some other places. I don't think I will go to the Galapagos as much as I would love to because of the high costs involved in going. Is this time frame enough to visit Ecuador. Would I be able to perhaps also take in Columbia or Peru or is it better just to stick with Ecuador. I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM
    • WilmaT2's Profile Photo

Stop over ideas from Quiot to Cuenca

Riobamba Mar 19, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Travelling as solo female from Quito to Cuenca. Looking for recommended interesting one nights stop overs (not Baños) to break the journey. Riobamba? I had wanted to do the Devil´s Nose train but it´s not available on my travel days in April. Thank you!

3 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 10:11 PM
    • Tour Operators in Puerto Villamil

Puerto Villamil Mar 18, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Are there any recommended tour operators in Puerto Villamil with whom I could get in contact by e-mail to get an idea of what kinds of half-day tours and cruises are available from Puerto Villamil and perhaps book them in advance?

7 Answers Mar 20, 2015 at 9:11 AM
    • Is this a good Galapagos itinerary?

Galápagos Islands Mar 13, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Hi, Can you please advise on this itinerary we are planning. Is there anything we are really missing?
      Day 1: Arrive in Santa Cruz at midday. Afternoon, visit lava tunnels and Charles Darwin station
      Day 2: Yacht cruise
      Day 3: fly to Isabela Island. Snorkling tour in afternoon
      Day 4: Sierra Negra by horseback
      Day 5: fly back to Santa Cruz and do ??
      Day 6: Depart Galapagos

5 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 5:25 AM
    • tippping customs

Galápagos Islands Mar 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM

We need advice on tipping - in hotels/hostals, taxis, restaurants, guides. What are the customs?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2015 at 9:45 AM
    • tippping cusstoms

Galápagos Islands Mar 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM

We need advice on tipping - in hotels/hostals, taxis, restaurants, guides. What are the customs?

2 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 9:41 AM
    • granola or other bars for snacks

Galápagos Islands Mar 12, 2015 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Quito to San Cristobal and will then join a tour. Are we permitted to bring snacks in our luggage?

7 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 12:33 PM
    • La Florista area

Quito Feb 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Am planning a week in September and found a great apartment in La Florista area. The owner says it is an artsy area with lots for fun resturants, cafes, etc. If you know Quito would you stay in this area? I don't need to be in the heart of activity (too old for that) but do like to have the area be interesting. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 7:35 AM
    • Speedboat baggage allowance

Galápagos Islands Feb 17, 2015 at 5:27 AM

We are scheduled to take the public speed boat from San Cristobal to Santa Cruz. Is there a luggage/kg limit, less than the airlines'?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2015 at 7:55 AM
    • where to store valuable and money

Galápagos Islands Feb 3, 2015 at 6:10 PM

We are doing land tour in Galapagos. We are staying in budget hotels which do not have in room safe. We want to know any tips in storing valuables e.g. camera and money when go snorkeling. Also is it safe to leave clothes on the beach?
      Thanks for any tips

3 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

taxi from airport.

Quito Jan 27, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I am arriving at Quito airport at 23:20 so will me round midnight before I clear customs etc. can anyone help re getting a taxi to the city as I believe the airport is a fair distant away from the city. Can you give me an idea of cost. Also is it fairly safe to use the taxi as I am a female travelling on my own.

5 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

trasportation within Ecuador or/and reliable tour companies

Ecuador Jan 27, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Hi
      I'm traveling with my senior parents around Ecuador since the tren crucero is all boooked up and we still want to visit some of the towns that the tren offered we would like to know if anyone knows about bus tours, private cars that we could use to go around Ecuador?
      or, maybe a reliable tour company that I could use that will picks us up and takes usaround Ecuador?
      Thank you

4 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 11:29 AM