change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Ecuador Amazon Lodges

Ecuador Dec 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM

has anyone stayed in either Kapawi, Sacha or Napo in the Ecuadorian Amazon? I think Napo is the most expensive of this trip. Also, anyone stay at Bellavista Lodge in the cloud forest reserve?

more
    • Buses run on Sunday's?

Ecuador Dec 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Do buses in coast of Ecuador run as frequently on Sunday's as they do on the other week days? I ask because tomorrow Sunday Dec 21 I am going from San Clemente to Montanita. I was told I will transfer buses in Portoviego.

more
    • transportatio

Guayaquil Dec 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Safe way to get from airport to Hampton Inn?

more
    • brimmlady's Profile Photo

Galapago cruise ss maryann

Galápagos Islands Nov 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I am trying to plan our trip to Ecuador and Galapagos from jan 22-mar 2. I was wanting to go to galapagos via cruise, love the picture of ss maryann. Does anyone know how to obtain a cruise for a discount price? I have read that different companies have overbooked and cancelled at last minute. I also wonder if Galapagos should be at the front or end of our trip??

more

Is 1 day enough?

Quito Dec 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM

I am exploring the possibility of Ecuador for 2015/16. (I was on the mainland in the 80s briefly when I went to the Galapagos). Is 1 day enough to explore the main historical sites of Quito? Being in the US, flights arrive late at night and the city would be the 2nd day of any itinerary. Total days I am thinking about 8 or 9.

more

Ecuador Amazon Lodges

Ecuador Dec 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM

has anyone stayed in either Kapawi, Sacha or Napo in the Ecuadorian Amazon? I think Napo is the most expensive of this trip. Also, anyone stay at Bellavista Lodge in the cloud forest reserve?

• Buses run on Sunday's?

Ecuador Dec 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Do buses in coast of Ecuador run as frequently on Sunday's as they do on the other week days? I ask because tomorrow Sunday Dec 21 I am going from San Clemente to Montanita. I was told I will transfer buses in Portoviego.

2 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Is 1 day enough?

Quito Dec 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM

I am exploring the possibility of Ecuador for 2015/16. (I was on the mainland in the 80s briefly when I went to the Galapagos). Is 1 day enough to explore the main historical sites of Quito? Being in the US, flights arrive late at night and the city would be the 2nd day of any itinerary. Total days I am thinking about 8 or 9.

29 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • transportatio

Guayaquil Dec 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Safe way to get from airport to Hampton Inn?

3 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM
    • brimmlady's Profile Photo

Galapago cruise ss maryann

Galápagos Islands Nov 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I am trying to plan our trip to Ecuador and Galapagos from jan 22-mar 2. I was wanting to go to galapagos via cruise, love the picture of ss maryann. Does anyone know how to obtain a cruise for a discount price? I have read that different companies have overbooked and cancelled at last minute. I also wonder if Galapagos should be at the front or end of our trip??

4 Answers Nov 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • bus transportation

Ecuador Nov 24, 2014 at 5:48 PM

my destination is Bahia Ecuador, what airport should I fly into so I may take the bus? I am in search of the shortest bus trip as well as ability to get a ticket at bus terminal and board the bus within a short time.

4 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    • WiFi in Manta

Manta Nov 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM

What is the closest spot for cruise guests to connect to internet/wifi from the Manta cruise port?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    • valeriebruce's Profile Photo

Bus from Quito to Banos ?

Baños Nov 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Hello !
      We arrive in Quito airport at 6pm and need to go straight to Banos. What is the best company (toilet on board and mainly suitcase tags as I believe we will be obliged to leave them below).
      I read flotapelileo and transportes Banos are ok ?
      What is best ?
      Muchas gracias !

3 Answers Nov 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Cotopaxi Biking 1day-Tour November 10 - interested to join ?

Provincia de Cotopaxi Oct 29, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hello Everyone !
      I was wondering if someone was interested in a tour with Gulliver tours.
      I heard they are great but only do Saturday and Wednesday and I am not there.
      They can organize this but we need to find 2 more participants and it would be 55usd per person.
      You can find the details here : gulliver.com.ec/index.php/Bi...

Thanks and maybe see you soon ?
      Valerie

1 Answer Oct 29, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • buying panama hat in old town quito

Quito Oct 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Hi there - I am in Quito for 3 days of work and no time to see anything! we do have a dinner tomorrow in old town and I hope to have a bit of time to try and buy a panama hat...any ideas where if I want a good one / willing to spend $100? thanks!

2 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    • Ecuador soon possible meetings?

Ecuador Oct 22, 2014 at 1:04 AM

i am going to Ecuador 31 of October one month interested to get in contact with travelling ,memebers with local members

thanks, dansela

1 Answer Oct 22, 2014 at 3:52 AM

What neighboorhood to stay in Quito ? Safe ?

Quito Oct 21, 2014 at 6:12 AM

hello everyone !
      I will be spending 3 nights in Quito very soon. I am looking for an area where it is mainly safe (I read a lot of stories and must say it stresses me a little).
      I was planning to take an AirBnB but cannot seem to locate the right areas that would be :
      - Safe
      - Close to main attraction and transportation
      - But not too noisy also
      I cannot figure out whether it is better to be close to Plazza grande or Parque El Ejido ? Is it beter in Mariscal (is this just north to Parque El Ejido) or the historic area (close to Plazza Grande).

Or am I just getting it all wrong ? :-)
      thanks so much for your answers

15 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • kinds of footwear in ecuador

Ecuador Oct 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM

i need to know what all kind of footwear we have there in Ecuador ? as in what i
      kind of footwear do the local population wear and what is worn by the tourists ? can anyone please elaborate the styles of footwear we get to see in Ecuador ?

5 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Tandem Skydive

Ecuador Oct 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Does anyone know if there is a place in Ecuador where you can make a tandem skydive?

2 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I need help for my Galapagos trip :-)

Galápagos Islands Oct 8, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hello !
      We are arrivng to Baltra on November 19 at 11.30. We booked a cheap hotel in Santa Cruz for all our nights and were thinking of maximizing our stay by doing Day trips. We return on the 22 in the morning so not much time I must say ! We are limited on budget but would like to see a max of the Galapagos, for me it is a kid's dream come true !
      Can we do Santa Cruz just after we landed on the 19 ? I was thinking Centre Charles Darwin, Rancho Primicias, Lava Tunnel, las grietas + Tortuga Bay ? Or might be short ? Then I was thinking one day excursion to Isabella (Sierra Negra and Tintoretas isle) ? And the last Day do a one day trip to San Cristobal and Leon Dormido (I only snorkel, no scuba dive, can I also see the sharks etc ?).
      Does all this seems like a good idea ? Is it feasible ? Will I have seen the best of of Galapagos or am I really missing out on something ?
      Thanks!

31 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 9:47 PM
    • Anyone know Puyo or this Organization?

Puyo Sep 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Hello fellow travelers!! I am looking into traveling to Ecuador and I wanted to fill a part of my trip with a volunteer aboad opportunity.

I found this one here near Puyo Ecuador. trip180.com/projects/149/ECO...

Has anyone ever heard of this organization or any cool things to do near Puyo? I'd love to keep this organization as my base and then travel around the country. Let me know if you guys know anything or if you have any other suggestions. Ill be there between October 11th-20th. If you are in the area, let me know! -Rodrigo

1 Answer Sep 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • don't swim

Galápagos Islands Sep 28, 2014 at 12:36 PM

My husband is planning a trip to the Galapagos Island in April, and wants me to go along. I don't swim or snorkel and I don't enjoy hiking ...I know, I sound like a dud, but I'm really not. Will I be miserable on this trip?

8 Answers Oct 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    • Galapagos.

Galápagos Islands Aug 30, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Are there Boat/Ferry running between San Cristobal and Santa Cruz island for a day trip? What kind of cost are we looking at. If anyone knows please let us know. Thanks.

4 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Taxi fare in Quito, Ecuador

Quito Aug 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Could anyone tell me a aproaximate cost of taxi to go from Bus terminal to Avenida Cristobal Colon at Baca Ortize. Roughly 9 kM (according to google map). Are we talking about $5 or something like $35. Appreciate the info. Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    • getting into airport late at night

Ecuador Aug 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM

My plane is getting into Quito airport at 12:55AM on Jan. 13. I am planning to go to a hotel in Quito. Tomake sure I get a room as soon as I get in do I have to book for Jan.12th or the 13th? Their normal check in time is 10AM. Thank you for any clarifications.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • Language school

Puerto López Aug 23, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Can you recommend a language school in puerto lopez or maybe in another place on the coast of Ecuador?

3 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Is it worth spending a few days in Quito?

Ecuador Aug 17, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hi, I am planning to go to Puerto Lopez, Cuenca, Vilacabamba. I have about 3 1/2 weeks. Getting in and out of Quito from the airport is a long way--is it worth the hassle of spending a few days in Quito? Cuenca seems much easier to navigate, especially since I am travelling alone. Otherwise, I would just stay near the airport and fly out to Manta the next day. I want a low stress relaxed vacation. Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 9:51 PM
    • Is the site www.amazon-rainforest-tours.org safe to use?

Ecuador Aug 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Me and my girlfriend are currently looking at a trip to the Galapagos islands and the Amazon rainforest, to include both travelling and volunteering. A trip offered by amazon-rainforest-tours as a 44 day tour.
      We do not know if the site looks like a scam though, as we can not find any reviews?
      But do not want to rule it out straight away as it would be exactly what we are looking for!

Thank you for any help in advance,
      Matt

5 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Montanita bus stop.

Montañita Aug 16, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I would be traveling to Puerto Lopez from Salinas by bus, in two weeks. Would like to make a stop for a night or two at the Hurvinek Hotel in Montanita. Wondering if the Bus running from Salinas to Puerto Lopez stop in Montanita? How far Is the Hotel from bus stop. Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    • Lost camera!!!

Ecuador Aug 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We travelled for 17 days in Ecuador and on the 14th day I lost my camera during a busdrive from the beach Los Frailes to Puerto Lopez. It was around 3 pm. Maybe someone found it? It was our honeymoon and now all the rememberances are gone...The battery was already low and there were two storage cards in the case. It was a black Canon Ixus, a small digital camera...I would be so happy to get the storage cards back!!! Is somebody able to help me or give me a hint what to do?!!!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM
    • Elgreco77's Profile Photo

Trip Advice; Ecuador, Galapagos Trip; Jan, Feb 2015

Ecuador Aug 2, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Our itinerary is almost complete now and I'm going to start firming things up this weekend. I'd still welcome any tips before we do. This is it;
      Fly to Quito (5 nights)
      Mindo ( 2 nights)
      Quito airport hotel ( 1)
      Galapagos, Puerto Ayora ( 13 nights including a cruise, whatever we can get)
      Guayacil ( 1 night. Got a hostel next to the airport and bus station. Didn't want to stop here but do want to do Cuenca)
      coach to Cuenca ( 4 nights)
      Coach to Riobamba ( we now have 5 nights between here and Baños) We want to do the train and the loop and like the look of Latacunga. This is where we are open to suggestions
      Baños ( 2)
      Tena ( 2)
      Papallacta (2)
      taxi with Suntravel to the airport and home
      The only question we have is what to do with the 5 nights before Baños. We could add another night in Baños or Tena. Or spend 3 days on the loop. Thanks in advance. We're nearly there

5 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    • jmanson6191's Profile Photo

Air Travel

Cuenca Aug 2, 2014 at 6:07 AM

What is cheapest air fare from Quito to United States

2 Answers Oct 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    • Quito to Banos - private car or van? Not bus

Ecuador Jul 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM

We are a "mature" couple and have ridden buses all over the world but now would like to know of options to travel Quito to Banos a bit more comfortably. We would greatly appreciate hearing of companies any here have used or know of with good reputations. who would drive us in a car or a shared van.

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 5:54 AM
    • mstirdivant's Profile Photo

Best Month to Visit Galapagos?

Galápagos Islands Jul 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hello!

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Galapagos. We are particularly interested in visiting during the Albatross nesting season, which we understand is from late March to December. We are able to visit next year in either late March or late May and are wondering if either of these is a preferred time to visit.

Thank you for your help!

4 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • Ecuador to Galapagos.

Galápagos Islands Jul 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Does anyone know if there is a boat rout to San Cristóbal Island from anywhere on mainland? Such as Manta, Puerto Lopez or Salinas? Thanks.

7 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM