Ecuador Travel Answers

change location
beres8011's Profile Photo

My July Trip

by beres8011 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I will be going to Ecuador this summer. I am looking for a company that offer tours. Can anyone recommend such a company?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Re: My July Trip

by jumpingnorman Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Are you going to a specific place in Ecuador, like the city of Quito or were you planning on doing the Galapagos Tour? I went to Quito and actually just booked activities through Expedia, and I had no problems with the tours I chose. Also, in Quito, I just hired a driver recommended by the hotel to places I wanted to visit like Otavalo. However, you can also check on day tours offered by Viator.com which are also very reliable tours :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • beres8011's Profile Photo

by beres8011 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Jumpingnorman
    I will start in Quito. I would like to visit at least three cities with different climates and cultures. I am researching the cities right now. Thanks for the information.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 11:46 PM

How long are you going to stay? If you want to visit the Amazon region it should not be a city, but one of the lodges.

• beres8011's Profile Photo

by beres8011 Online Now May 1, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Hello MalenaN
    I will be in Country from three weeks. I will concentrate on the spine of the mountains. I will start in Lojan and work my way North toward Quito. My wife will be with me and will have to go slow. I want to climb Cotopaxi. Any advice?

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now May 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM

To climb Cotopaxi you must be very well acclimatized to high altitude as Cotopaxi is 5897 metres high. Don't underestimate the altitude! I had been in the highlands for three weeks before doing the climb, in Cuenca, Cajas NP, Ingapirca and several days in Baños (Baños is not so high) but the week before the climb I hiked between the villages in the Quilotoa area and I slept at altitudes of 3500m – 3900m for five of these days. The climb from the refugio to the top took 5h 15min.

It is also possible to visit Cotopaxi National Park and only hike up to the refugio on an organized daytrip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Ecuador Travel Answer Locations