Easter Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day tour to San Alfonso del Mar

Algarrobo Dec 15, 2014 at 12:52 AM

We will be visiting Valparaiso, and want to see if we can spend half a day traveling to Algarrobo just to see San Alfonso del Mar's biggest pool in the world, from the outside (I know we are not allowed in). Anybody knows where does the bus stop in Algarrobo (got an address?) will we be able to walk to San Alfonso del Mar? We can take a bus or taxi, but the worry is getting back to the bus station (to take a bus back to Valpo).

Any insight will be greatly appreciated

more
    • looking for Transport on 31.12.2014 from Puerto Natales to Hotel Grey?

Torres del Paine Yesterday

looking for Transport on 31.12.2014 from Puerto Natales to Hotel Grey, 03.01.2015 from Laguna Amaraga or Hotel Grey to Puerto Natales?

feel free to contact me: pit_26_@hotmail.com

Kind regards
      Peter

more
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Chile Dec 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM

hi

I will leave Santiago de Chile with a bus from Andesmar to Mendoza in January 2015.
      From which Terminal do they leave?

And on the website of Andesmar they talk about the Output Habilitation Rate for entering Argentina.
      Does this apply for me? I have Dutch nationality.

I think it is very strange that I can buy a bus ticket on the website of Andesmar and that they don't give vital information. They don't respond on my email as well.

Thanks

Tobias

more
    • Drop off luggage possibility at the cruiseterminal in Valparaiso ?

Valparaíso Dec 6, 2014 at 4:10 AM

Hi,

We arrive by cruise (HAL Zaandam) at 22nd of december and we would like to know if we can drop off our luggage at VPT for halfd a day? So we can visit alparaiso/Vina del Mar.

If not possible to drop off our luggage at VTP is there another area to drop off our luggage?

With kind regards,

Fabian Brochard

more
    • Spending Just A Day

Valparaíso Dec 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Have a full day to spend in Valparaiso. Since my interests are in taking pictures of colorful homes and panoramic city views where would you recommend going and how best to get around town?

more
    • Valparaiso Cruise terminal to Santiago hotel with tour

Valparaíso Nov 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Need to transfer to Santiago hotel from Valparaiso cruise terminal but would like a tour of Valparaiso/local areas first.
      There will be 4 of us with luggage.
      Thanks!

more
    • Meeting up with people in the park

Torres del Paine Dec 7, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Hello!
      My friends are starting in at the Paine Grande entrance and I would like to meet them halfway through the hike to just to the torres del paine. is this possible? can i meet them at the amargo bus stop? suggestions for where to meet??
      thank you so so much!!
      theresa

more
    • reciprocity fee

Santiago Nov 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM

is this fee still charged?

more
    • Is there a shuttle from the air port ?

Easter Island Jul 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM

How to move around the island ?

2 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • Experienced advice

Easter Island Jul 23, 2014 at 6:33 PM

We are going to Easter Island at the end of August, and have a few random questions:

1. We want to stay at a hotel that's close enough to hear the surf. The ones we found that are close to the coast say that it's about a 10-15 minute walk to town. Is the walk a problem after dark?

2. Are mosquitoes an issue? If so, will Permethrin be sufficient for our clothes alone or would you recommend a skin lotion as well? I just read about the Zika virus, any insight?

3. We want to rent mopeds to see the sights. Do we need to reserve ahead of time and how much is reasonable for a day?

Thank you for your time!

2 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    • emigrating to Easter Island

Easter Island May 16, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Hi I m enquiring about the costs of house rental on Easter Island and what the possibilities for emigration are. I recieve a modest pension of about $1300 US per month and am a qualified mental Health Nurse and family therapist. I would also just do casual work if I couldnt work Health wise. just curious about how doable this is.

3 Answers May 19, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • Cruise to Easter Island in April next year

Easter Island Apr 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Planning on arriving mid April for two days then cruising on to Lima. What should we expect for weather both there and the following cruise to Peru? I know there are no guarantees. Just wondering if it will normally be warm enough to enjoy both parts if that journey, particularly the next 4 days at sea! Thanks for your help.

Tim

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • Tours on Easter Island

Easter Island Dec 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM

We are on a cruise to Easter Island in January, 2014. We want to book a tour company independent of the ship. Has anyone done this? How was your experience?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 4:13 PM
    • Vaccinations

Easter Island Sep 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Is it important to get a Typhoid Shot? Malaria?

2 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • pharmacies, doctors, etc

Easter Island Aug 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM

What's the situation like for health care?

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

Easter island good for small children?

Easter Island Jul 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Might tag along next year on my husband's business trip to Santiago and make a family vacation to Easter island. But it looks like many of the activities aren't suitable for small kids, like dance performances and hiking. My kids would be 5 and almost 3 at the time.

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    • Equine4ever's Profile Photo

Traveling to Easter Island next week

Easter Island Feb 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I'm looking forward to my trip to Rapa Nui next week. I'll be staying 7 days, flying in from Lima, Peru. I have a number of questions, and any advice would be appreciated. I hear there are now a couple of ATMs that take Visa Debit cards. Have others had success with them? Also, can you bring packaged food from Lima to EI--energy bars, instant coffee? Any stories about customs at Mataveri? I'd like to rent a horse (first with a guide and then on my own). Can anyone recommend a place/person? Also like to see the dance company Kari Kari. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

11 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • CarlB13's Profile Photo

Quad bike rental

Easter Island Nov 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Hi!
      My wife and I are going to Easter Island over New year for a week. I wonder if anyone know if there is any car rental agency where I can rent a quad bike?
      We where planning on renting one for the whole period. What would be a good price?
      I also wonder if there are any deep sea fishing boats for hire?

Thanks!

/ Carl

• sparkie11's Profile Photo

real estate

Easter Island Aug 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM

i would love to buy a home in Easter Island but I was looking online and I havent found anything in Easter Island for sale. Is it even possible for someone who is not a Chilean citizen to purchase a home on Easter Island? Please help.
      Thanks

3 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • zerella's Profile Photo

ecotours - flight to easter island on february

Easter Island Aug 11, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Hi, I'm in contact with ecotours.cl to book the flights to easter island. Is there anybody who knows something about this agency? is it possible to have a rate of 880 USD for foreigners on february (the highest season month in easter island)? I normally trust in people but there are a lot of money at stake.
      Thank you

1 Answer Aug 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    • ANNE930's Profile Photo

Flight to Easter Island

Easter Island May 31, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Hi All, I live in Macau PRC and am thinking of visiting Easter Island which is always one of my dream places. But travelling to there seems to be a long way, especially from where I live. I know there are flights to the island from South America. But I want to know is there any other routes that I can take apart from going to Chile or Peru first?

Thanks
      Anne

6 Answers Aug 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    • Questions about Easter Island electricity

Easter Island Feb 21, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I'm going to Easter Island next month, and I know I'm going to need a plug adapter. I've heard that their outlets have 2 rounded prongs, but I've also heard that it's 3 rounded prongs. Could someone clarify to me which one it is?

Also, am I going to need a converter? I'll be using chargers for a Verizon cell phone and a Zune (both American devices.)

Lastly, is there any specific adapter/converter that anyone would recommend? Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Jun 1, 2011 at 3:39 AM
    • Easter Island Airport

Easter Island Jan 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I've recently heard rumors that the airport on Easter Island is closed in March/April, and I've already bought my flight ticket for March 15th. Is there any truth to this? If someone could help me sort this out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7 Answers Feb 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Recommended places to stay?

Easter Island Jan 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM

What are your experiences with lodgings on easter Island? Good and bad.
      One travel agent suggested Hotel O'Tai another Vai Moana. For most accomodations I read both good and bad comments.....

5 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    • Bringing food from Lima

Easter Island Jan 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I just recently bought my ticket to Rapa Nui for March, and I was wondering what restrictions there are for bringing food to the Island from Lima on a carry-on. I've heard that food prices are ridiculously expensive on Rapa Nui. I'm a vegan, so restaurants won't be much of an option for me due to my diet, as well as my budget. Also, what are the selections like at the supermarkets in Hanga Roa, as far as produce and "health" foods are concerned? Sorry for all of the questions and thanks in advance.
      -Cody

6 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 5:38 PM
    • Hangaroa Hotel

Easter Island Jan 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Does anyone know if the Hangaroa Hotel will be open in April? We are hiking in Patagonia and would like to finish our trip to Chile with a little relaxation and looking for a nice place to stay.

1 Answer Jan 2, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    • Vaccination Requirements for Easter Island

Easter Island Jan 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Is a Yellow Fever vaccination required for Easter Island if I'm flying from Lima, Peru? I won't be leaving the Lima airport at all, as it is just a connection flight from the U.S. I've been trying to find a clear answer to my question, but can't seem to find one. I've read that the vaccination is required for anyone who's been to a country affected by the disease, but then I've also read that it only applies if you've been to an area in that country that is affected (which Lima is not.) Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

15 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Trouble in Rapa Nui?

Easter Island Dec 5, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I read the locals of Easter Island are not happy with the many tourist visiting their island. I understand there has even been some protest. Does anyone know more about this? I am thinking of going there next June or September and just want to be sure there is no trouble with tourists.

15 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Hike to Orongo

Easter Island Nov 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM

My friend and I will be visiting Easter Island in a couple of weeks. I am wondering if anyone had hiked to Orongo before. I heard that it will be interesting going by yourself and it's easy to get a cab to drop you off at the top and hike down. We only have 2 full days and 2 half days, so if the hikewill take all day, I guess I will join a tour instead.

On a separate note, is there a good spot to check out the sunrise? We're staying pretty close to the airport. And is it easy to see sea turtles?

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    • Is it worth it? (Easter Island question)

Easter Island Nov 10, 2010 at 4:16 AM

I'm planning on going to Easter Island next year, and I'm thinking about going in April. The main reason behind this decision is to save money with the current deal offered by LAN Airlines, as I'm on a tight budget and the deal ends during that month. My question is, is it worth going in April to save200+, or would going later in the year bring better weather and less tourists? Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    • txmx1144's Profile Photo

Lodging

Easter Island Sep 29, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Has anyone ever stayed at Mirador Tahai? This was recommended to me by a travel agent, but I can't find any information about this lodging.

6 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    • 20 year old male looking to visit Easter Island

Easter Island Jul 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Hi everybody! I'm a 20 year old male from Upstate New York who is looking to travel to Easter Island within the next year or two on my own, and I just had some questions about costs for the trip. I'm looking to spend probably a week on the island after flying from Santiago, and my mind is currently set on camping there and doing a large amount of hiking. I've been researching ticket prices for the flights (from U.S. and Santiago), but I just wanted to see if there was anyone else who may have had a similar situation, and if so, could they give me a rough estimate of how much I would be looking at spending for this trip. This would also include other expenses not related to the air tickets. Thanks.

11 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM
    • Transportation in Easter Island]

Easter Island Nov 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Hi World,
      We will be arriving at Easter Island with a Cruise Ship. Are there any local taxi or private car for us to tour the Island from the cruise port? How much will it be? Any other options? Do they speak English?
      Thanks
      Legna

5 Answers Nov 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    • easyout4u's Profile Photo

Your own arrangements or a tour co.

Easter Island Aug 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM

For traveling from santiago,chile to EI is it best to make all arrangements with a tour co.with package deals or trying to set it up on your own.
      Any info would be a great help Thanks.

6 Answers Jan 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    • can u bring food?

Easter Island Aug 1, 2009 at 12:17 PM

can u bring food from santiago to easter island either fresh or perishable. Is 3-4 days enough time to see the moai and the sights of the island. If i hire a bike will i see all the sights within this time?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    • where to eat on Easter Island

Easter Island Oct 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM

I (an older single lady) will be on Easter Island for a few days later this year. Where are the best cafes/restaurants to eat? Also any good reports on Hotel Gomero - don't think I want to hear any bad ones! Thanks in advance for your replies

3 Answers Oct 23, 2008 at 2:04 AM
    • Easter Island during Tapati festival 2009

Easter Island Aug 22, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Hi,

Due to the festival I do not like to try my luck for Casa de Famila at arrival. Is there any website with email addresses, or even online booking?

If you have any recommended Casa with contact details - please let me know.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 23, 2008 at 1:26 AM
    • Yagiza's Profile Photo

Rent a motorcycle

Easter Island Jul 3, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Hi,

Im off to Easter island in November and I would like to hire a motorbike to get around. Does anyone know of any hire companies and their web sites? I would like to make a booking now so that I have a bike secured for myself when Im there.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 5, 2008 at 2:19 AM