Easter Island Travel Answers

change location
lindaellerbee's Profile Photo

Easter Island solo in June/Julyish

by lindaellerbee Online Now Feb 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM

I'll be volunteering in Peru, Chile, or Argentina for a few summer months and concluding this experience with a 4-7-day adventure to EI is very important to me. I realize this tends to be a poor time to go in terms of weather. I'm female and going alone, is there anything I should be wary of? I've heard people are generally nice but things happen sometimes, plus this is my first serious solo trip! Does anyone have any advice specific to this time of year, especially in terms of affordable accomodations, flights, and tour guides?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Easter Island solo in June/Julyish

by vtveen Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Flights:
    The only airline servicing Easter Island is LAN Chile, so you have to check their website; perhaps you will see special deals or take a look for their Airpass.

Accommodation:
    The other day I did read in this travel forum about a camping, named Minihoa (www.mihinoa.com). They also should have cheap rooms.

Otherwise I highly recommend staying in: Residencial Tahai.
    This B&B has a setting in a tropical garden and is surrounded by flowers and palm trees. Lovely hosts. All these residencials on Ester Island do have more or less the same price.
    See for more info: Residencial Tahai: "to get a real Rapa Nui feeling" - Easter Island Hotel Tip by vtveen

Tourguides:
    The best tourguide on Easter Island is Patricio Ballerino (www.aotour.cl). This guy is really one of the best guides we ever had during our travels. Patricio has always small groups, because he has to transport his 'guests' in his mini bus. He speaks English very well.
    See for more info: members.virtualtourist.com/v...

Weather:
    Take a look at the website of the The Easter Island Foundation (islandheritage.org/vg/vg06.h... with a lot of useful information about Rapa Nui.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay on this wonderful Island.
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • barryg23's Profile Photo

Re: Easter Island solo in June/Julyish

by barryg23 Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 6:00 AM

Mihinoa (www.mihinoa.com) is probably the cheapest place on the island. I've just spent a week there camping, had a fantastic time. I can't offer specific aadvice about June/July, though I imagine it is a nice time to see the island as it will be much quieter. I don't think you need to be wary at all on EI, it's very safe and the people are very friendly. Suerte, Barry

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Easter Island Travel Answer Locations