Easter Island Travel Answers

change location
equius's Profile Photo

Car Hire

by equius Online Now Dec 8, 2006 at 6:06 PM

I am looking to visit Easter Island late in Jan 2007, can i hire a car there so i can see the sites at my liesure.

Regards Equius

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

RE: Car Hire

by vtveen Online Now Dec 9, 2006 at 2:09 AM

Yes it is possible to hire a car on Easter Island.

Don't know how long you will stay at Rapa Nui, but highly recommend to have at least one guided tour, so you will understand a lot more of the history and culture of the island and its inhabitants.
    We made a trip with AO Tour and are still very satisfied with the guide; no hurry no rush, just a perfect day.
    (see for more info on my Easter Island page).

I'm sure you will enjoy your trip.
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Car Hire

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 6:19 PM

Hiring a car is easy, if somewhat expensive if you're on your own - we paid60 a day just last month for a 4x4 - necessary as you wil be driving on some rough tracks if you want to see everything. You can hire mountain bikes if this is a bit steep for you. vtveen is right - you should do at least one tour. We went with Patricio (AO Tours) and had a wonderful day. He takes a maximum of 6 people and he timed our day perfectly so we were mostly able to see the various sites on our own, arriving or leaving just as the bigger groups were going the opposite way. January is busier than November, so you may not be quite that lucky.
    Have a wonderful time - we did.
    Leyle

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Easter Island Travel Answer Locations