Easter Island Travel Answers

change location
the_p0et's Profile Photo

Christmas on Easter Island, book now?

by the_p0et Online Now Aug 16, 2005 at 11:55 PM

I've read a few posts from other's looking for accommodation, but no one has been looking for Christmas. I've read that there's no need to book in advance for most of the year, but what about Christmas time? We don't want to arrive at the airport and find no place to stay for Christmas.

Looking for not much more then30US/double. (not per person)

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • murmeltiere's Profile Photo

RE: Christmas on Easter Island, book now?

by murmeltiere Online Now Aug 23, 2005 at 2:19 AM

hi, booking in advance is always an advantage, but considering that you want something cheap not really necessary. arriving at Mataveri airport there are always lots of locals offering accommodation, so you will always find something. I'm not sure if you'll get something for30/double though...it might be better calculating with40... enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Moiko's Profile Photo

RE: Christmas on Easter Island, book now?

by Moiko Online Now Aug 29, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Iorana,
    I´m from Easter island, if you want to pay that price, go to a camping. There´s one call Mihinoa, from a Rapa Nui family. They offer also rooms for that price. Just have a look to :www.mihinoa.com, and they have a beautiful view to the ocean. If you want to keep your money for the accomodation, I suggest you anyway to take a tour with a local guide, to visit and know about our culture.And about Christmas, this is summertime for us, and usually on the island, there´s not too much tourist.
    Bye.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Easter Island Travel Answer Locations