change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular East Timor Travel Answer Locations

• Wet Season travel to East Timor

Dili Oct 17, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I am thinking of travelling to East Timor at end of December to early January. I understand this is the wet season and would like to know is it worth it to travel this time of year. Will tourist facilities be open and how much more difficult will it make for me to travel around and also find accomodation. This is only time of year i can travel there. Thanks

5 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    • East Timor tour company

East Timor Oct 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Does anyone know of a reliable local tour company in East Timor? My wife and I are considering a visit next June and would like to find a good company to help us get around and help with transport and accomodation

6 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    • finding kayaks in DILI

Dili Jul 18, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Des anyone know if kayaks can be bought in Dili.... or hired?? Where???

1 Answer Jul 18, 2012 at 4:32 AM
    • Wifi in Dili

Dili Nov 28, 2011 at 4:42 AM

Hi there, i am using Ipad and iphone... is there any hotel that is near the airport with wifi facility?

1 Answer Nov 28, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    • Travel Planning from Dili, Timor Leste to Christchurch, New Zealand

East Timor Oct 25, 2011 at 2:12 PM

I am going to be in Dili, Timor Leste in March. I'm wondering what travel route is best and cheapest from Dili to Christchurch, New Zealand. If I need to travel through Darwin, Austrailia and/or Sydney. If anyone has any ideas where to travel to and from please reply.

3 Answers Oct 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    • Local Travel Agent for Ramelau climb

Ramelau Jun 22, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Can anyone pls help with contact of a reliable Travel agent that does the above?
      pls advice me at tth_2k@yahoo.com

tks, TH

• Need some info on travel to East Timor

East Timor Nov 16, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Hi ,everyone here. I plan to travel with my friend to East Timor on May 2011, so need u guys to give me some advice and info.

1) We booked our flight ticket to Bali but cant book the one from Bali to Dili. We plan to buy it when we arrived at Bali at that time. Is that possible and advisible for the cost? Or do i have to get some travel agent to help me pre-book the flight ticket.?

2) Any recommended budget hotel to us..? 2 person oni. We plan to have low cost in accomodation.

3) Any good spot to go around Dili? and oso some area nearby. We can have 5 to 6 days at there. I heard the place is nice for diving and have beautiful coral. Where is the place? and have any good tour guide to recommand ?

Thk u guys helps...

1 Answer Nov 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    • Eating customs

East Timor Oct 20, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Hello

Would anyone be able to inform me on the East Timores'e Cultural eating practices.

Are there any traditions at meal time? Is it a sit down, family activity?

I would appreciate any information on this question.

Many thanks.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    • Flights that fly from Dili to Manila Philippines

Dili Aug 9, 2009 at 7:07 AM

My Friend now in Dili East Timor, she is looking for cheap Flight coming back to Manila Philippines. Can you Please Help what are the shortest route or airlines flies from Dili to Manila Philippines.

5 Answers Nov 6, 2009 at 2:46 AM
    • Cost Question

East Timor Oct 21, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Hi everyone,

We're planning to visit East Timor from November 2008 till February 2009. We were wondering what we can expect to pay for budget accommodation. Information on the costs of living are fairly vague.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
      Cheers
      Leah & Lyndon

• Cost of Meals

Pune Dec 10, 2007 at 9:26 AM

Could someone give me an idea of the cost of meals in Pune?

1 Answer Jan 10, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    • jam_631's Profile Photo

Peace & Order Situation in Dili

East Timor Nov 12, 2007 at 5:47 AM

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are planning to go to Dili by the end of November. We'll be staying there for a month. Could you please advice us on the current peace and order situation? We are from the Philippines, do we need to obtain a visa? Please also give us feedbacks on health issues? Any diseases prevalent in the area? Thanks in advance for any information that you could give us.

• sukalejong's Profile Photo

Is Dili safe?

East Timor Sep 28, 2007 at 7:58 AM

Hi there,
      I plan to go to Dili next year, but I have several question to ask.

1. Is Dili safe, especially for Indonesian? You know, in the past East Timor was part of Indonesia, and some incidents happened which (maybe) made some people hate to Indonesian.
      2. Do I need visa to enter East Timor? If do, how to get that and how much?
      3. What is East Timor currency now?
      4. Is there any bus to Atambua (East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia). I plan to enter Dili from Darwin, and exit by land to Atambua, since I want to visit a friend who live there.
      5. Do you have any accomodation to recommend?

I look forward for a reply. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
      Ingka

2 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 9:28 AM
    • onicepaul's Profile Photo

anybody in suai?

East Timor Sep 22, 2007 at 7:19 PM

soon moving there...

2 Answers Sep 23, 2007 at 8:13 AM
    • Pulau Kisar

East Timor Feb 28, 2007 at 3:30 AM

Dear Sirs:
      I am planning visit visit Pulau. Kisar in the North of Dili.
      But I have several questions

Is Kisar indonesia or East Timor?
      Is any transport from East Timor to Pulau Kisar, even basic ferry or small boat.
      Or Who i can get Kisar and if you do that for me how much that can cost me. I only need 2 days in Kisar.

Will be very apreciate that information becouse I haven´t found in any other place.
      Best regards

Raul del Canto gulabuyatiran@hotmail.com

1 Answer Sep 21, 2007 at 6:48 PM
    • juliakia's Profile Photo

Safe to travel to East Timor?

East Timor Dec 19, 2006 at 9:32 AM

Hi folks, I'm posting this for a friend. Her message follows:

Is it dangerous to travel in East Timor now, if I travel just outside of Dili? I'm going for a wedding, and will be there for three nights, staying at a hotel. Any advice? Specific concerns?

Thanks
      J

2 Answers Feb 27, 2007 at 8:31 PM
    • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Anyone can send me a postcard from East Timor

East Timor Oct 22, 2006 at 1:16 AM

Appreciate your help. Email me for mailing address. Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 3, 2010 at 5:00 AM
    • d.pearce's Profile Photo

Boat

East Timor Jul 7, 2006 at 4:23 AM

Hello I was wondering is there any way you can get a boat or ship to east timor, as we wont to travel to europe without catching any flights, any advice would be grateful

Daniel

1 Answer Feb 25, 2009 at 5:38 AM
    • Cheap Hotel in Pune foer 2 ladies

Pune Jun 27, 2006 at 6:48 AM

Hi friends, can anyone plz help me find a cheap and safe hotel in Pune, Panchagani & Mahableshwar.
      WE are 2 ladies. Our budget is Rs 400 to 500 per day. Could you suggest the names of some travel agents in Pune who do holiday packages to Goa? We would also appreciate names of some decent cheap restuarants in Pune
      email id : reneemenezes25@yahoo.com

1 Answer Nov 7, 2006 at 5:58 PM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Anyone?

East Timor Apr 26, 2006 at 4:34 AM

Is anyone going to be in East Timor from May 11?

• East Timor to Indonesia

East Timor Dec 9, 2005 at 8:41 PM

Hi there,

I've heard a lot about going from Indo to East Timor, but have not been able to get any information about going from East Timor to Indo. Is it possible? Do you need any special visa or other requirements?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tanja

3 Answers Oct 22, 2006 at 1:02 AM
    • thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Bus from Kapang to Dili

East Timor Jul 31, 2005 at 6:55 AM

All I know is it takes 12 hours but I don't know what time it leaves Kapang? Anyone has any info on this?

Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 15, 2005 at 4:56 AM
    • Seradoms's Profile Photo

Pune

East Timor Jun 23, 2005 at 11:02 AM

There doesn't seem to be any information or forum discussions anywhere about Pune! I will be staying there for 4 months later this year, and I don't know anything about the city, its people, shopping, eating, or customs! Can anyone help? :-)

4 Answers Dec 11, 2007 at 2:21 AM
    • Accomodation

Pune Jun 16, 2005 at 8:35 AM

any one having a 1bhk flat near fergusson college.

rent upto 4000.

plz contact dkaju@yahoo.com

1 Answer Aug 24, 2005 at 11:54 AM
    • VTShounen's Profile Photo

West to East Timor overland

East Timor Nov 14, 2004 at 11:19 AM

Does anyone know of the recent situation with the border with West Timor? I'm thinking of going from Kupang to Dili by bus in about a month's time. Has anyone done this? Is the direct bus preferred over the transfer at the border? Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 22, 2004 at 4:02 AM
    • jrem2002's Profile Photo

maledrone.doxcyline Kenya safari Nov 04

Maleria Nov 9, 2004 at 12:22 PM

due to go to Kenya need maleria mediaction. everyone seems to be recommending Maladrone but have ben told by chemist that it will be £85.00 for 30 tablets, dr won't do a prescription only private. anyone know of cheaper access for above thanks

2 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 9:39 PM
    • East timor

East Timor Aug 27, 2004 at 9:00 PM

What are the customs in east timor eg hand gestures

2 Answers Oct 30, 2004 at 8:56 AM
    • sorcieus's Profile Photo

Volunteer Work in East Timor

East Timor Apr 11, 2004 at 3:10 PM

Dear VT-ers I've been looking organisation who's doing volunteer work in East Timor as I would like to offer my help. So far, I have no luck. Any information will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers May 8, 2004 at 11:27 PM
    • eagleman's Profile Photo

About this place!

East Timor Sep 19, 2003 at 6:59 AM

I am from Rio in Brazil.I'd like to know how is this country right now?Is this country really free from Indonesian goverment?Do the citizens of this country really speak portuguese? See you!

1 Answer Sep 23, 2003 at 5:56 AM
    • OceanSiren's Profile Photo

Please help me out...

East Timor Jul 20, 2003 at 11:45 PM

Dear VT friends, I'm desperately trying to find contact address/telephone/e-mail/anything for National University of East Timor (NUET) and specifically to the fac. of engineering. A quick internet search didn't help and I'm running out of time. So if anyone can provide me with this info, PLEASE reply asap and save my day ;)

1 Answer Aug 11, 2003 at 4:06 AM