Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular East Sussex Travel Answer Locations

• jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

A Day In Brighton

Brighton Feb 3, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Hello folks. Couple in 70s want to visit Brighton from Gatwick Airport. Is train or bus the best way from LGW and return ?
      We will have at least 8 hours but we will not have transport. Advice please, on the best way to spend the day from about 10.30 am ?

7 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • 2nd hand shop market st

Rye Jan 20, 2014 at 3:43 AM

what is the name and tel number of the second hand clothes shop on Market Road

1 Answer Jan 20, 2014 at 12:55 PM
    • Fishermen's huts

Hastings Jan 19, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Would they be open in January? (we are hoping to visit next weekend).

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM
    • Country House Retail Outlet in Sussex? Help needed to locate!

East Sussex Dec 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I have been to a retail outlet (including a large antique/furniture section) with small boutiques all encompassed within an old country house (I think) There is also a substantial plants for sale section outside. This place is situated in view from a main road, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is called or where it is. My sister can't remember either - even though we have both been there twice! But she thought it might be towards Haywards Heath? That could be a red herring though! Anyone know where I am talking about? It is driving me slightly mad!

12 Answers Dec 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    • TjE37's Profile Photo

Wharf Tearoom

Bodiam May 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Can you visit the Wharf Tearoom without having to see the castle as well?

1 Answer May 17, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Any way to get to Devil's Dyke this Easter MIDWEEK?

Brighton Mar 31, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Hi,
      which is the easiest way to either get to Devil's Dyke or part of the South Downs trail midweek using public transport? The tourist buses only run at the weekends this time of the year.
      Thanks
      Sarah

2 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    • Simps2s's Profile Photo

Cost of taxi from Luxor Airport to Hotels on the West Bank

Hove Mar 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM

How much should the average taxi fare be from Luxor Airport to the West Bank hotels.

Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    • moonlight_medusa's Profile Photo

Brighton - London

Brighton Sep 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM

hey everyone,

i'm going to Brighton for a concert and i found out there's another concert the same night in London that i wanted to attend. the Brighton concert is about 1h before the London concert. i know it's a bit crazy but i really really wanted to attend both shows. if there's even a slight chance i could make it to both, i'd try to.

so my question is. would it be possible to get to the O2 from Kemp Town in about an hour at like 8/8.30pm? i suppose i'd have to take a train. i wouldn't mind missing a bit of the 2nd concert if that's something doable.

4 Answers Sep 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    • LessiaG's Profile Photo

where to live on the south coast of England

East Sussex May 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hi everyone
      Here is an unusual request and a chance to boast about your own town. I want to move away from London to the south east coast but not being familiar with the area I have no idea where to start looking. My ambition is to find a flat with a sea view anywhere along the coast from Poole to Eastbourne. I want to move somewhere near good amenities but also where there is a thriving local community.
      Any ideas?

2 Answers May 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    • School group (31 people) from the Netherlands ages 15-16

East Sussex Nov 30, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm a teacher from the Netherlands and we are planning a trip with students to east sussex for a week in october 2012.
      I wondered if people have some tips/ideas.

The students will stay a couple of nights in a hostel and some nights at guesthouses.
      We have a tight budget and we'll be comming over by bus (so we have transportation).
      We're planning on staying at Hastings and make some visits to brighton, bath, canterbury, perhaps london.

Are there some activities or things we shouldnt miss, or maybe you have some experience with groups in that area and have some tips?

Please let me know ;)

Thanks in advance!

7 Answers Dec 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    • Holiday

Eastbourne May 24, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hi
      My partner, son of 8 and myself are coming to eastbourne in August.
      Will we enjoy it? Is there enough to keep us amused are there some good eating places.
      Also read a couple of reviews saying that gangs and crime are a problem. Is this true?
      Thanks

6 Answers May 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

'Anytime' tickets

Hastings May 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I am still in the process of buying tickets for my England journey and I've got one more question on train tickets. Does 'anytime' ticket means that I really can travel on any train that day? For example, I'm looking for London-Hastings tickets. I see that there is 'anytime' at 9:18 for 96.25 pounds (for our group), 'off-peak' at 9:37 for 65.20 and 'anytime' at 9:45 for 55 pounds. Can I buy the one for 55 pounds and take an earlier train?
      Another question. If I plan London-Hastings-Brighton-London, I guess there is no way for me to take some ticket and 'break' my journey at Hastings and then go on to Brighton and back to London? I'll have to buy separate tickets L-H, H-Br, Br-L?

11 Answers May 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • Drinkers Hotels?????

Brighton May 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Hi, hope someone can help! I have got a friend travelling down from Liverpool beginning of June and we are planning on having a good *** up for a few days!
      I have been searching online trying to find reasonable priced hotels that have a late bar, but cant find anything!!
      Any hotel suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      (looking for clean hotel upto £100 per night for 3 nights, twin room and not miles away from the night life, oh and the late bar!)
      Many thanks if you can help and even get you a drink if you see us out ;-)

3 Answers May 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    • Hen Partay!!!!

Brighton Apr 12, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Looking for some suggestions please....

I have organised a hen party for my best mate, its not until next year but would like to know of some places to visit on the Friday night, where we can go for a nice drink and a little boogie! lol.

Is there any places that dont allow hen parties (we are not doing fancy dress!!) Would like to know of some nice, classy places please?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

Day trips from Brighton

Brighton Feb 24, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Hi! me and my broyfriend are planning on getting away this Saturday. We only have one day to spend, so I'm afraid we can't get too far (and we don't want to spend all day on a bus/train either), but we would like to get the most out of it... Going somewhere picturesque or somewhere where we can do something fun/different. The main aim is to completely forget about work for one day!
      We live in Brighton, so any suggestions for day trips from here would be much appreciated! :-)
      we already thought of Rye, and we've already been to Eastbourne/Seven Sisters. Any other ideas?
      Thanks for your help!

9 Answers Jun 19, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    • VISITING SEAFORD CEMETERY & Eastbourne

Eastbourne Nov 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM

I will be visitig from Canada in May, 2011, & want to visit my uncle's war grave in Seaford Cemetery at Eastbourne. I am wondering how to get to Eastbourne from London & then how to get to the cemetery. Is there anyone at the cemetery that could do a tour?

14 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    • Ideas for a self-catering night in July

East Sussex Jun 9, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Hello,

I am trying to plan something a bit different for my birthday this year and am looking for some self-catering accommodation that i can book for 1 or 2 nights over the weekend of the 17th/18th July (either the friday and saturday night, or just the saturday night).

I have a had a look on Rental Cottage websites but they all require a 7 night stay during July - does anyone have any good suggestions?!

Thanks so much in advance!

• Glen30's Profile Photo

Public Transport.

Brighton May 25, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Hi there,

I will be in Brighton in a few days time and will be staying at this address:
      21 Charlotte Street, Brighton, BN2 1AG.

I need to take a bus from above address to the bus-stop called "Longridge Avenue"

a) could you kindly let me know which bus numbers I have to take.
      b) How many stops between "Charlotte street" and "Longride avenue"
      c) How long is the bus journey (10 mins ride?)
      d) Will there be announcements on the bus everytime it reaches a bus-stop.
      d) Can I buy a bus-card where I can travel unlimited for 3 days? How much does it cost?

Thanks
      Glen

3 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    • Gillybob's Profile Photo

Gatwick Taxi Fare

Brighton Apr 13, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Can anyone give me an approximate taxi fare for the trip London Gatwick to Brighton seafront?

Thanks in advance!

9 Answers May 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    • Mandushka

Hastings Feb 27, 2010 at 3:50 AM

Hello! I live in norwich, norfolk. I would like to visit my friend, who has recently moved to Hastings. Can I get a coach, or even a train straight to Hastings without going to london first? Or can anyone tell me, which is the cheapest/quickest way to get there? Thanks

4 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 3:44 AM
    • djhartmannn's Profile Photo

Weekend Blitz in Southeast England

East Sussex Feb 12, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Coming down from Cambridge area to do a weekend Blitz of the Kent & Sussex regions.

Any suggested must do's or see's ???

Most likely we will be starting in Cantebury

(no London tips please)

5 Answers Feb 13, 2010 at 3:16 AM
    • Golf courses

Brighton Jul 8, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Do you know any golf course in Brighton and eastbourne or near for a non member to play? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM
    • A bit of help

Eastbourne Jul 6, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Hi,

I´m staying now in Eastbourne for 10 days, can you tell me different ideas of how to spend the day here and visting places in the south of England? We have a car, so it is not a probem to use it, we like doing trips and excursions?

Thanks for your help

4 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    • How to go to Southampton from Brighton

Brighton Jun 3, 2009 at 5:53 AM

for a tourist, how to go to southampton from Brighton if i dont drive?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 3, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    • From London to Hastings

Hastings Aug 13, 2008 at 7:09 AM

How far is it from London to Hastings? What is the quickest and least expensive way to get there? Can anyone recommend inexpensive places to stay? Has anyone been to Judges Bakery? It is owned by Craig Sams and is totally organic.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM
    • mandybailey's Profile Photo

B&B - 1 night

Brighton Jul 26, 2008 at 2:08 AM

Hi, I'm getting really frustrated! Every B&B/hotel that I look at has a 2 night minimum stay at weekends! Can anyone suggest a nice place to stay that's central and allows 1 night stays? No more than £90 a night. Thanks!

1 Answer May 19, 2010 at 8:12 AM
    • norah123's Profile Photo

Brighton in May

Brighton Mar 22, 2008 at 4:46 AM

As mentioned in a previous post I plan to go to Brighton for the day during the festival in May. What I would like to know is if the Hop On Hop Off bus will run during the festival and if I will need any other transport to get around. Won't have a car.
      Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    • Cheapest, fastest way between Eastbourne and Penzance

Eastbourne Mar 19, 2008 at 12:17 PM

After driving about 50,000 miles in the UK, husband doesn't want to drive anymore. Going to Eastbourne to see friends. Then want to go to Penzance on a one-way journey. (Have RyanAir tickets from Newquay to London Stansted for the return.) Could leave from Gatwick or village along coast within 50 miles of Eastbourne. Anyone know the fastest, cheapest way to travel?
      Both travelers are post 65 yo. Is there a special train ticket-can't get OAP discount because we are American. Almost 13 hours by bus for 38.5gbp/person. Cheapest Flight on Southwest from Gatwick to Newquay gets in to Newquay too late to get bus for Penzance.

13 Answers Mar 25, 2008 at 1:37 AM
    • Brighton Guest House June 2008

Brighton Nov 30, 2007 at 9:27 AM

My wife and I are planning to travel to Brighton for a weekend in June.
      We are looking for a cosy and clean Bed & Breakfast centrally located, any suggestions?

3 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • norah123's Profile Photo

Brighton Festival 2008

Brighton Nov 5, 2007 at 4:52 AM

Hi,
      I have found out by chance, browsing on the net, that Brighton has a festival in May. I will be in London for 6 days and am wondering if a day trip to Brighton would be a good idea or if it would be too frantically busy. Have never been to Brighton and would love to see it.
      Thanks, Norah

5 Answers Dec 27, 2007 at 4:42 AM