East Palo Alto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Restaurants

Red Bluff 12 hours ago

Recommend a good steak/wine/nice dining spot in Red Bluff....downtown would be nice.

more
    • travelgarfield's Profile Photo

Seashells at the beach

Anaheim Yesterday

Which beach may I able to find seashells? Or are they prohibited to gather? I am thinking of going to Newport Beach. Does anyone know if there are seashells to find? How about Corona Del Mar?

more
    • site images

Grover Hot Springs State Park May 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM

are images available of sites 57 and 59?

more
    • travelgarfield's Profile Photo

R2D2 Popcorn Bucket

Anaheim Yesterday

Has anyone been to Disneyland in the last few weeks, or days that can tell me if they R2D2 popcorn bucket is still available to purchase at Tomorrowland? Or the R2D2 mug souvenir which you can buy if you order the parfait at Tomorrowland Terrace? I am going during Memorial Week and I don't want to be running around trying to find it and be disappointed only to find out it has been discontinued and no longer available. Please help out a R2D2 fan. Thanks much!

more
    • Mamoth lake visit?

Mammoth Lakes Yesterday

Is it good time to visit mammoth lake in may end?

more
    • DJStarr's Profile Photo

Help! I'm new here in San Diego

San Diego May 11, 2015 at 8:43 PM

I've just started a job right in the heart of San Diego - 4th and B street (BOA bldg) and hope some clever locals can give me a few ideas on healthy (not-too-pricey) lunch spots for a veggie. Also, cool hiding spots on the tops of buildings or in tucked away plazas to eat a lunch and escape. When I lived in San Francisco and worked downtown I had a whole slew of hiding spots, mostly public open spaces that few people knew about. Anything like that here? Rooftop lounges with a view, perhaps? Thanks!!!

more
    • Afternoon in Sonora, California

Sonora May 6, 2015 at 10:41 AM

What important historical places can I visit in one afternoon in Sonora, California?

more
    • Lone Pine Cemetery

Lone Pine Apr 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Is there a cemetery in Lone Pine named just that? Or around town?

more
    • North pines - things to do each day with kids

Yosemite National Park May 15, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hi threr, we are 2 x families with 27 ftRVs...4 days in non elec campsites, any tips on what to do with kids each day and travel distance to activities? Do we leave RVs and get shuttle bus? Bike hire

more
    • Need photography location advice

Sequoia National Park May 6, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Hi all. I'll be visiting the park next weekend, 5/15 - 5/17. I'll arrive at night (5/15). I'd like to shoot star trails with a noticeable foreground. I'll then wait for the sunrise of 5/16. During the day time, I'll visit the points of interests. I'd also like to take photos of sunset. On 5/17, I'll visit more points of interests and then head back to LA. I'd be appreciated if you could advise on the locations for 1. star trails; 2. sunrise; and 3. sunset. In addition, please let me know if you have any photography tips in the park. For instance, what time at which location would be possible to create a dramatic shot. Thanks in advance!

more
    • suse1811's Profile Photo

Hostel to stay in new york

San Francisco May 4, 2015 at 7:24 AM

Any recommendations would be gratefully received !

more
    • broadcalling's Profile Photo

Hotel / B&B in S Fo

San Francisco May 4, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hello

Do suggest a mid range Hotel or a B&B for 5 nights - also which area should we stay in?

Thanks

more
    • jtraveler9's Profile Photo

Hikes with rain

Yosemite National Park May 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Just wondering what hikes were doable since it seems that it will be raining right before and possibly during my stay at Yosemite next weekend?? I have a large group and half of us have a half dome permit but I read it's not recommended to do half dome after it rains.

more
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Last minute need for transport to Six Flags

Ventura Apr 28, 2015 at 8:30 PM

My son is in Ventura and has chance to meet friends at Six Flags weds 29th Apr but no transport. Long shot but does anyone have Any suggestions ?

more
    • Downtown SF to Sunnyvale, by train or car?

San Francisco May 13, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Dear VT members,

I plan to visit LA for a week after my SF trip. The final day of my SF trip, I plan to go to Apple's company store located in Cupertino. While going there shall I hire a car to stop for some (??) important places while travelling to Cupertino?

I am also curious about what you think about continuing to LA by car (with my luggages) from Cupertino, instead of getting back to my hotel in downtown SF to travel to SFO next day for flying to LAX?
      Thank you!

more
    • transportation to LAX

Solvang May 12, 2015 at 3:15 PM

What are the public transportation options for Solvang to LAX airport

more
    • jess.chewter's Profile Photo

Central San Diego and Los Angeles accomodation

California May 5, 2015 at 10:20 PM

My family and I (4 of us in total) are looking for some accommodation that is central between San Diego and Los Angeles. We happy to have early morning and drive a few hours each way each day but don't know what is the best place to look at

more
    • 1) Using a GPS in a car 2) using a phone cheaply to phone folk in California & back in England

California May 3, 2015 at 2:56 AM

Fellow travellers, (1) Hiring a car for 21 days, what would a cheap GPS device cost to buy in a store? (2) I'll be in California one month, could you recommend a cheap cellphone & network? Have a great May :)

more
    • looking for roadtrip travel buddies in California in May 2015

Los Angeles Apr 25, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Hi I am looking for roadtrip travel buddies in California in May 2015.
      It will be 20 or above days roadtrip!
      Maybe go to Seattle or Vancouver later.
      Are you interested joking the whole or part of the trip? Let's travel on the road!

more
    • Changing Flights at LAX

Los Angeles May 16, 2015 at 7:53 AM

First time flying into LAX. I will be flying into LAX at 8:35 am on Delta and then switching to Hawaiin Air. I have to options for a depart time with Hawaiin; 10:55 am & 1:10 pm. Is the 10:55 am enough time? I will be checking luggage. Thanks.

more
    • Returning back to overseas from LAX or SFO, does it worth gaining time or gaining money?

Los Angeles May 4, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I live in east Europe and I will visit LA for theme parks, hollywood and beachs, after staying in SF for 2 weeks. From SFO to LAX I will go by plane.

While returning, I either directly fly back from LA to europe, or first fly to SFO and fly from there to europe.

I spend $250 less, flying back from SFO.
      I earn 4-5 hours + 1 less flight (and it's hassles), flying back from LA.

Both planes take of at 6 PM.
      If I choose SFO path, I have to get to airport before 1PM to get on the plane at 2PM.
      If I choose direct flight from SFO, I have to get to airport 4PM at latest.

I have never been to SF or LA, so I appreciate every recommendation.
      Thank you soo much.

more
    • JoeL439's Profile Photo

How safe is it in SF

San Francisco May 20, 2015 at 2:57 AM

We like to stroll about quite a bit, Just wondering how safe the area's and bars around the waterfront are?

more
    • How many days in SF for the places I plan to visit?

San Francisco May 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM

I live in Europe and will visit SF and LA this summer.

After reading a lot, I decided to do the followings:
      - Academy of Sciences
      - Exploratorium (thursday night if I can)
      - Golden Gate Park
      - Presedio Park
      - Union Square
      - China Town
      - Alcatraz
      - AT&T park (baseball game)
      - Some nice places to eat breakfast, candy, etc.. found with Yelp or Foursquare.
      - Lombard Street
      - Nob Hill
      - Cable cars
      - A sightseeing tour or hop-on-hop-off bus (not sure of this line)
      - Fisherman's wharf
      - Pier 39
      - Renting Bike from Fisherman's wharf and passing over Golden Gate Bridge and returning with a ferry ( I am not sure if I can (or have to) visit Presedio with the bike before the bridge. (And/or Golden Gate Park))
      - Apple company store (Sunnyvale - caltrain)
      - Coit Tower

I have planned 5 days for all of these but I started to think that 5 days are more than I need, to do these. Am I right? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

more
    • Monterey,Cambria, Los Angeles

San Francisco 18 hours ago

we are driving in the month of August with 2 kids.
      Sat & Sun staying in San Francisco doing sighseeing
      Monday morning leaving and and driving Monterey(half Moon Bay,Garter Snake, Santa Cruz Beach), and staying night there
      tuesday Leaving Monterey(17 Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, Big Sur, Hearst castle)and reaching Cambria
      Wednesday covering Solvang,Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez, Lake Cachuma and reaching LA hotel by night.
      Any suggestions to this plan or addins? Should we skip Monterey night stay and instead stay that night in Cambria?Is it possible to cover everything in one day?

more
    • Nude beach san fransico

San Francisco May 8, 2015 at 1:27 PM

how can you have a nude beach in a place that never reaches of 65 degrees even in the summer

more