East Cape

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Accomodation

Cape Reinga Mar 24, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Hi there back in 2000 i stayed at a place just before Cape Reinga i think it might have been 20mins before cape reinga but i cant find the place we stayed at and i cant remember the hotel / camping place it had a restaurant and little shop on it and we stayed in like a cabin.

please help :)

more
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Shopping sales in AKL

Auckland Apr 8, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I'll visit AKL next month and I know there are lots of expensive stuff there. I want to know how often do AKL stores (clothes etc) have sales? Every week? Month? Thank you

more

Popular East Cape Travel Answer Locations

• kiwi's Profile Photo

East Cape Lighthouse

East Cape Feb 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I plan to visit the East Cape lighthouse, has anyone been there? How steep is the walk up. Lots of steps I believe, any more info would be appreciated, thanks.

8 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 6:37 AM
    • allikat's Profile Photo

Couple of days in hopefully sunny Gisborne.

Gisborne Oct 24, 2007 at 1:57 PM

Hi,

We've nabbed a couple of cheap flights just before Christmas and are spending 20th - 22nd December in Gisborne. Any top tips on how to be spending our time there?

Also, I'm trying to keep to a fairly tight budget at the moment, and have been looking at the YHA there as a means of keeping our accommodation costs down. If anyone has any opinions about the place I'd be glad to hear them, or any other recommendations.

Cheers :-)

4 Answers Nov 4, 2007 at 2:40 PM
    • It's bothering me! Help!

East Cape Oct 28, 2003 at 3:15 PM

Hi all! Y'know when you just cannot think of something that you are convinced you should know?! Well, earlier this year while in NZ I travelled with a friend round the east cape and we wanted to see the sunrise at East Cape Lighthouse so we stayed in a backpackers about half an hour or so, maybe an hour from the lighthouse. it was just after you pass Hicks Bay, we came down a hill and there was a longish stretch of road and their was a deserted beach on the left and this backpackers was stuck right there, right next to the beach on this open piece of flat land. we stayed there and loved it, it was beautiful, right there by the beach, it as only a little place and I'd love to remember the exact name of it but I can't for the life of me remember so this is just a shot in the dark on the off chance that someone out there knows what I'm talking about! We got up at 4:30am and drove just a bit down the main road and then turned off onto the gravel/shingle road that took us to the lighthouse. it wasn't in te araroa i know that. it was just on its own by the beach kinda halfway between hicks bay and te araroa i guess. I think it was something like ocean view or sunrise something or other. Boy! I WISH I could remember, its been niggling me all day......oh well, I'm not expecting any replies to this posting but thanks for taking the time to read this :-) thanks sarah

2 Answers Oct 30, 2003 at 10:07 AM