Dyfed

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

more
    • Smita106's Profile Photo

Tenby how many days sufficient.

Tenby Mar 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

How many days are sufficient to see Tenby? 3 days?

5 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • Planning a trip to New Quay

New Quay Jun 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM

We are planning to visit New Quay next year. My mother was born there and I want to spend some time getting to know the place and walking the Ceredigion Coastal Path. Thought we would also spend a day in Aberystwyth. We will be traveling by train/bus. Is there anything I should especially see that is near enough and I'm able to get to by walking or public transport? Any advice? When I ask friends if they have been to Wales - it seems that Holyhead is about the only place they have been. Travel books are frustrating since they seem to skip that part of the coast in their descriptions. Do you think 3-4 days is enough time? Thanks for the feedback.

8 Answers Jun 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    • nightlife during the weekdays

Tenby Jun 25, 2010 at 3:16 AM

are there any good nightclubs open through the weekdays in Tenby?? i am holidaying at kiln park next week from monday to friday and would love a good no-kids night out while im there. any suggestions???

3 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Hertz Car drop off to Ferry Terminal

Fishguard Aug 22, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Mum and I leave on our first European/UK trip in a few weeks and we are getting pretty excited. Would anyone be able to tell me the distance and best way to get from the Hertz Rental Car drop off in downtown Fishguard to the ferry terminal. We will have all our luggage. Is a taxi the cheapest/easiest option? Likewise at the other end in Ireland if you know from the terminal to the Hertz depot? Thanks.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    • Directions

Lampeter Jul 16, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Any suggestions on how to get from Cardiff (airport) to Lampeter? Don't fancy an interminable buss ride o renting a car in unfamiliar territory.....

Thanx for any help ......

Cheers,
      K

4 Answers Jul 28, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    • salmahrosli's Profile Photo

Youth Hostels

Aberystwyth May 19, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Hello,
      Could anyone inform me any youth hostels near to the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer May 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM
    • Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party in the area?!

Dyfed Jul 20, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Hello,

My daughter is getting married in early August in a town called Llanddowror, the home town of her fiance. She thinks it's going to be only her father and I going. We are from the US and have never been to Wales.

She has no idea yet, but I have arranged for 4 of her best friends to surprise her and meet us there!!

The problem? We want to have a fun bachelorette party, but I have NO idea what to plan or where we might go for some action. We would like to be in a bar or club with lots of people.

Is Swansea the best place? How far away is it from Llanddowror?

The other problem? It's going to have to take place on the first MONDAY night in August! Not the best night of the week for a party - but it has to be that way.

Can anyone give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks so much!

1 Answer Aug 15, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

railway station

Llanelli Feb 28, 2006 at 7:02 AM

Can one park at the Llanelli railway station and leave a car for 3-4 days?
      Is it free/ safe?
      If not, how close to the railway station can one park?
      Istvan

2 Answers Mar 3, 2006 at 1:12 PM
    • CHRISTMAS DINNER IN WALES

Carmarthen Nov 6, 2004 at 1:34 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A RESTAURANT, HOTEL, INN, ETC. THAT WILL BE SERVING DINNER OR LUNCH ON CHRISTMAS DAY? WE ARE DRIVING FROM CARDIFF TO THE WEST OF WALES ON THAT DAY AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE TO EAT SOMEWHERE INSTEAD OF IN OUR CAR. THANKS.

2 Answers Nov 8, 2004 at 3:22 AM
    • Recommendation for Riding?

Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Jul 5, 2004 at 1:03 PM

Greetings: My family and I (2 adults, 16 and 12 year old) will be spending a week near the village of Dale in late July. My 16-year old daughter loves to ride (she owns a horse and rides at least 5-6 times a week). My husband is also an experienced rider and the two of them are hoping to go on several half day rides. Neither care for stuffy, show-type riding. Although I've been told that one can find riding centers through the local ads when we get to the Pembrokeshire area, does anyone have recommendations on which riding center is best? My husband and daughter would like to find a place that has healthy and lively horses, interesting trails to ride, and friendly people. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

• goglobe's Profile Photo

Tenby, where it should be

Tenby Nov 1, 2003 at 10:51 PM

I just built my page on Tenby, a small town by tthe west of Wales, but I found that on the VT destination map, it only appears under UK, and not Wales. Even a smaller place like the adjacent Pembroke town was properly listed under a suitable Welsh district. Anybody can tell me how I could get to the VT staff on my question (or perhaps VT staff has just known about it now)?

2 Answers Nov 3, 2003 at 1:03 AM