Dyfed Travel Answers

change location
Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party in the area?!

by Cenoteazul Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Hello,

My daughter is getting married in early August in a town called Llanddowror, the home town of her fiance. She thinks it's going to be only her father and I going. We are from the US and have never been to Wales.

She has no idea yet, but I have arranged for 4 of her best friends to surprise her and meet us there!!

The problem? We want to have a fun bachelorette party, but I have NO idea what to plan or where we might go for some action. We would like to be in a bar or club with lots of people.

Is Swansea the best place? How far away is it from Llanddowror?

The other problem? It's going to have to take place on the first MONDAY night in August! Not the best night of the week for a party - but it has to be that way.

Can anyone give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Bachelorette Party in the area?!

by maryandnigel Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 2:14 PM

sorry no-one responded in time for the celebrations, I've just had a browse through our local area and found your query. suppose most people look for their intended destination, as you will now know its not exactly a tourist hotspot, more a place you pass through on the way to pembroke or carmarthen. Still hope all went well and that you found a nice pub to go to for the hen night as we call them. The 'little chef' roadside cafe at St Clares wouldn't cater for a party too well but they're all good for clean loos and quick snack. Hope the Welsh language didn't cause you any problems, we've always found the locals to be friendly and very welcoming, and they all seem fluent in both languages, a credit to them all and shame on the English, myself included who find it difficult to grasp even after several years living here full time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines