Dutch Harbor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation

Juneau Jul 8, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I'm arriving on a cruise ship and would like to see the Rie Munoz gallery. What is the best way to get there from the cruise ship and back?

Also, if I wanted to go to from the ship to the Gallery to the Glacier and then back to the ship, what is the best transportation. This ship arrives at 1pm.

more
    • Vacation in November

Fairbanks Jul 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Would I have enough to do in Fairbanks for 5 night visit in November?

more
    • Transportation from railroad to ship in Seward

Seward Jun 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

What transportation is available from the railroad depot to the ship in Seward? What is the cost?

more
    • cbarbosa's Profile Photo

Juneau July 2014

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 11:59 AM

hi there, Mid july : is it crowded in Juneau ? what hotel (quiet/ a bit remote/with all amedities/close to the water) would y'all recommend ?

more
    • Juneau for a day

Juneau Jun 24, 2014 at 3:21 PM

In Juneau 1-10pm, August 22. Will be renting a car to go to Mendenhall Glacier. Any suggestions on places to drive to see more of Juneau?

more
    • Dutch harbor unalaska

by gmike04 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Hi everybody!
      Where is the best and cheapest place to stay in dutch harbor?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Surimi tourist

by nuppe Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 8:23 AM

I want to study surimi/crabsticks and the pollock fisheries. How do I get from Japan to Dutch Harbour(!)? Can I get an impression of the fisheries by making a visit to Dutch Harbour. Others things of interest in the area for my mission? Would it be possible to go out with a boat/commercial vessel? Whisch season would be the best?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 3:34 PM
    • From A Message In A Bottle

by randwolfray Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 8:58 PM

I'm from Kansas, but recently I came into possession of a bottle with a message in it found on the beach at Seaside, Oregon. There is a faded date on the message, September 1970 or 1980. The message is rather cryptic and I am trying to figure it out; one part of it reads, "The Sea Star, Dutch Harbour, Alaska." This could be a ship or a boat from Dutch Harbor, or it could be one that was just visiting; or it could be a restaurant or something completely different. Is there anything in Dutch Harbor named "The Sea Star"? How can I track down information on a ship or a boat from twenty or thirty years ago? Are there any locals I can contact who might know more about this? If anyone can suggest any leads it will be really helpful, and thank you!

5 Answers Jun 4, 2005 at 12:35 PM