Dutch Harbor

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sea Kayaking in Seward

Seward Jul 7, 2015 at 10:59 PM

My husband wants to go sea kayaking. We've never kayaked before. My other concern is that I weigh about 240 lbs. and am worried about fitting into a kayak. Is this even a possibility for me or should I just send him to do it without me? Is there a guide/company that you recommend?

more
    • Travel Alaska from 18th to 25th Sep

Alaska Jul 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Hi All,

I am thinking to visit Alaska from 18th to 25th Sep. I am interested in hikie, join tour or watch wild animals in Denali and other national park, , northern light, Glacier Cruise and any adventure or activity tours.
      However, I heard that they are going to close around middle of September and it start to have snow.

Is it possible to enjoy above things during 18th to 25th? If it is difficult, are there any recommended options I can enjoy in Alaska? If it is necessary or recommendation, it is possible to rent a car.

Tips / Recommendatios are highly appreciated, thanks,

more
    • Dutch harbor unalaska

by gmike04 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Hi everybody!
      Where is the best and cheapest place to stay in dutch harbor?

5 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • nuppe's Profile Photo

Surimi tourist

by nuppe Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 8:23 AM

I want to study surimi/crabsticks and the pollock fisheries. How do I get from Japan to Dutch Harbour(!)? Can I get an impression of the fisheries by making a visit to Dutch Harbour. Others things of interest in the area for my mission? Would it be possible to go out with a boat/commercial vessel? Whisch season would be the best?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 3:34 PM
    • From A Message In A Bottle

by randwolfray Online Now Apr 30, 2005 at 8:58 PM

I'm from Kansas, but recently I came into possession of a bottle with a message in it found on the beach at Seaside, Oregon. There is a faded date on the message, September 1970 or 1980. The message is rather cryptic and I am trying to figure it out; one part of it reads, "The Sea Star, Dutch Harbour, Alaska." This could be a ship or a boat from Dutch Harbor, or it could be one that was just visiting; or it could be a restaurant or something completely different. Is there anything in Dutch Harbor named "The Sea Star"? How can I track down information on a ship or a boat from twenty or thirty years ago? Are there any locals I can contact who might know more about this? If anyone can suggest any leads it will be really helpful, and thank you!

5 Answers Jun 4, 2005 at 12:35 PM