Travel Answers
Durres

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where is a nice place to stay in Albania?

Albania Yesterday

Hello all Virtual Tourists!

Planning a beach vacation in the end of july/august this summer. But we are wondering where to stay and what to see.

We are dreaming of finding a quaint little village by the coast. One that is not ruined by tourism or giant hotels and other terrible architecture in general. And of courseā€¦ with a nice beach. Whether the beach is made up of sand, pebbles or rocks is indifferent. Just as long as it is beautiful, and the general vibe of the city/village is nice.

Any ideas? And any thoughts on Saranda vs. Himare vs. Vlora?

more
    • Getting around in Albania

Albania Apr 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Hello forum!

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Albania this summer. However, there are no direct flights to Tirana from Oslo, so we are contemplating some different options. Would love to hear your thoughts and tips, since we are in fact wuite clueless. :)

Destination --> VLORA!

Option 1: Flight to Corfu. Then we hop on the ferry to Saranda, and somehow find our way up to Vlora. I have read about both buses and "furgons" that travel this distance, but what I dont know is how long it takes. How many hours should we estimate for this trip? Can it be booked in advance? And since we are norwegians (not used to high heat) will there be air condition in the vehicle?

Option 2: Flight to Brindisi. Then hop on a ferry straight to Vlora. I have found a several forums talking about this trip, but I am having a tough time actually seeing the details. It seems the boat sails all night. Is it normal to sleep in your seat? In a cabin? What is recommended here?

WHICH ONE OF THESE OPTIONS IS SMARTER? :)

Super grateful for all help.

more
    • eat and drink local bars to chat with locals

by 88paul88 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

hi all can you please help coming to durress albania for 14 days next week. can you please give me some good bars to visit were to meet local people for a good night all so good brakfast bars we are not young do not need disco we are in albion hotel thanks paul

• food and drink in duerres albania

by 99paul99 Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM

hi all can anyone recommend some good bars in duerres for night life not discos to old now also good breakfast restrants thanks paul

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

accomodation

by ZiOOlek Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I would like to visit Durres in October. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? I would prefer something private or pension, not a hotel.

1 Answer Jul 7, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    • akselek's Profile Photo

Bitola (MAC) - Durres (AL) - Ancona (IT)

by akselek Online Now Jan 13, 2006 at 5:30 AM

Hey everybody!

I'm planning to visit a friend of mine in Bitola, Macedonia, in April and then go to another friend in Perugia, Italy. My idea was to go from Bitola to Durres and then take a ferry to Ancona. But my Macedonian friend warned me that it would be too dangerous / impossible to make that trip...

My questions:

1. Is there a bus connection between Bitola and Durres? Or can I change somewhere (like Tirana)?

2. How would you rate the safety of such a trip?

3. How are my chances to get a ferry from Durres to Ancona without a reservation? (I assume that I can't schedule everything because from what I heard, schedules are not quite reliable in that area)

If you could help me out with any of these questions, I would be very grateful!

Axel

6 Answers Jan 17, 2006 at 2:25 AM
    • From Durres to Athens

by eeeec Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 9:58 AM

Hi, I would be most greatful to know if there is a bus or train service that runs between Durres and Athens. Many Thanks eeeec

4 Answers Mar 25, 2007 at 7:09 AM