Durham

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bikers cafe

New Brighton May 23, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Hi could people tell me he name of the cafe all the bikers park outside please. And on Monday the three ships line up, what is the best time to see them together, and from where in new Brighton!

Thanks

more
    • AGE FOR CLUBS NEWCASTLE

Newcastle upon Tyne 1 hours ago

Hi, i will be traveling to newcastle in a few weeks time, just wondering the age limit of most of the clubs as i have 2 18 yr olds with me

more
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Bath to stonehenge?

Bath 10 hours ago

Hi,
      Can anyone please let me know which is the cheap and best way to reach stonehenge. Is it good to travel from southampton or from bath? And from whichever location it is best, how to go? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Bus routes in derriford Plymouth

Plymouth Yesterday

Bus routes in derriford plymouth

more
    • poem In Liverpool museum in front of the liver bird building

Liverpool May 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM

there is a poem about Liverpool starting by I am...and it is like some sort of riddle.I can’t remember its name.
      does Anyone know it? It was in the museum
      Thank you!!

more
    • One evening only

Liverpool May 19, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Hello! I will attend a conference at the end of June and will have one evening only to explore Liverpool... Any must-dos? I will have been to the Cavern with a group the evening before, and one evening is the only spare time that I will have. Thanks for suggestions. (I will be based at the Hard days night hotel).

more
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Have you ever bought limited view tickets for Billy Elliot?

London May 15, 2015 at 1:16 AM

Hi I want to see Billy Elliot and I am getting a price of 38-47 pounds to see the play in limited view seats (second floor, first row)(london box office is selling the tickets). have you ever been there at Victoria Palace? Do you think it will be ok? Thank you!!

more
    • terminal two bag transfer

Heathrow May 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM

How do I collect my bags in terminal two from Unired Air and get them to departures check in at Aer Lingus?

more
    • Rental car or Bus

Lymington May 22, 2015 at 12:16 PM

We are a family of 4 people, going to Lymington on a 7 day vcation. Please advise whether we should hire a car or use bus service going around

more
    • HELP TO PLAN AND ROUTE

Lake District National Park May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM

We are 4 adults who plan to do a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Lake District and Scotland.
      Our Dates of travel are fixed owing to certain other obligations.
      Our mode of transport is RAIL for London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      Our query is:
      Depart London by TRAIN on Wednesday, 15th. July 2015 -- Early Morning.
      Arrive Lake District and put bags in our B & B.
      Would like to tour the Lake District for the day.
      Night of 15th. in a Bed & Breakfast accommodation with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy.
      Depart Lake District by TRAIN on Thursday, 16th. July 2015 – Early Morning
      Arrive Edinburgh, Scotland and spend the day sightseeing and visiting a distillery @ woolen factory.
      Night of 16th. in a Hotel in Edinburgh with 2 rooms in Double Occupancy (+ B/F)
      17th. July - Spend the day sightseeing and board the TRAIN in the evening to arrive at London in the late evening.

We would appreciate your inputs and suggestions for :
      a. Return Train Tickets Booking – London – Lake District – Edinburgh - London
      b. B & B accommodation in Lake District
      c. Sightseeing in the Lake District
      d. Accommodation in Edinburgh
      e. Sightseeing in Edinburgh
      f. Any other suggestions / inputs to help in planning this trip

Thanks and regards

Jolly

more
    • MichaelJTopley's Profile Photo

Any Hidden Gems?

Lake District National Park May 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Hi all, am new to the site. My fiancee and I are heading to Cockermouth in June and are wanting to know of any hidden gens within the lake district worth checking out. We are there for 7 days and want to try and fit as much in as possible.

Many thanks :)

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • Wheelchair access

Newcastle upon Tyne May 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I'm off for a stag weekend in the next few days. Does anyone know which clubs and bars are wheelchair friendly/accessible and that have disabled toilets to hand? Any response is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets?

London Yesterday

When buying and paying for train tickets on line, how do I get the actual tickets? After paying can I print them or do I pick them at the departing station? We are traveling June 18th Edinburgh>York then two days later York>London. They can't mail them as we are leaving too soon for them to post them. This is our first time buying advance tickets, thank you.

more
    • Transit visa requirement between terminal 4 and 5 at Heathrow

Heathrow May 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hi iam an Indian passport holder. I have booked though an american airlines ticket from Doha to Vancouver(Canada) via LHR. Iam arriving by a Qatar airways plane from doha and landing at terminal 4 at afternoon at 13.15pm. My next flight from LHR to vancouver by a british airways plane starts at 17.15 pm from terminal 5. Now do i need a transit visa to move from terminal 4 to terminal 5. I had confirmed from airlines that my luggages will be though booked.

more
    • Malaysian citizen flying into LHR, then on to Geneva

Heathrow May 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

I fly from Kuala Lumpur to land LHR T4 on 21 June, 4.20pm. I plan to take a BA flight to Geneva departing at 8.00pm. Do I have sufficient time for immigration custom and the terminal transfer and then check in for this BA flight? Hope someone know this can help me. Thanks a lot.

more
    • Can we undergo US security checks at Heathrow ?

Heathrow May 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I'll be traveling from Mumbai, India to Gainesville, Florida. For that I have to board a flight at Mumbai which will drop me at Heathrow. I have layover time of about 8 hours at Heathrow, from where I'll be traveling to Miami. And from Miami to Gainesville. But the layover at Miami is only 2 hours, which from what I've heard, is very less for completing immigration checks. So, I was wondering if there is any provision of conducting US security checks at Heathrow instead of Miami?

During the search for this answer, I came across this post. This looks to be 2014 news. I'm not sure though, whether this has been implemented or not.

Could anyone please confirm the same?

Or, is it possible to complete immigration checks at Miami airport within 2 hours ?

Thanks.

more
    • Fare for china airlines

Heathrow May 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • Airport to Airport

London Apr 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I want to get to Heathrow from London's City airport. Suggestions?

more
    • How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle

Heathrow May 23, 2015 at 4:30 AM

How to go from heathrow terminal 4 to new castle by train with minimum changeover

more
    • DLM3718's Profile Photo

Britrail England Pass vs Railcard

England May 18, 2015 at 6:11 AM

I am visiting Europe for approx 1 month and will be spending the first 6 days in England, using London as a HUB point to stay and taking day-trips around the area. I have done research and am stuck between getting a Britrail England Pass for $218 or getting a youth railcard for $30 which offers 34% off train fares... for convenient/affordable travel on those day trips.

Was wondering if anyone had any insight? I figured the railcard will give me a little more flexibility and could potentially save me more money if I take less trips out of London than I am planning but the Britrail England Pass is much more convenient for getting on/off trains and not having to worry about tickets.

more
    • jackandthebeanstock's Profile Photo

Does the Visitor In Transit visa allow me to leave the airport?

Heathrow May 5, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Hello,

I have a 15 hr overnight layover at Heathrow and I am thinking to go and check out London since it will be my first time there.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to leave the airport with the transit visa and then return to continue my flight?
      2. Do the trains or buses to and from the airport operate 24/7?
      3. Is there a place that you recommend a first time visitor to check out at night? (A mall, street, park etc.)

more
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Transfer from Southampton to London Center

London May 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

How is the best and least expensive way to get from Southampton Cruise Terminal to London Center. Thanks.

more
    • Scarborough

Scarborough Yesterday

Where are the best places to go; on a night out in Scarborough??

Thanks x

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

first time London for 6 nights at the end of June

London May 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM

we are going to London for 6 nights at the end of June what are the best way to spend 6 nights over there. we like historical, natural scenic places. prefer in easy and relax way not in rush. Is guided tour is good? which tour is good for one day? We are travelling from Australia. Should we carry cash or withdraw money from ATM or exchange travelers check from bank? Please advise as this is our first time.

more
    • colour0191

by colour0191 Online Now Jul 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Hi, I am looking for a nice place to eat in Durham city after about 10.30 we are visiting and dont know where to go. Itaian would be nice but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    • Rushyford to Durham

by Annieg110 Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Can you tell me how long it is on the bus from Rushyford ( Eden Arms Hotel) into the centre of Durham. Also, how much is the busfare return. think it would be a saturday we would be going.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    • Skinke's Profile Photo

Hadrian's Wall in February

by Skinke Online Now Jun 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Hi all. My wife and I will be in York in February of 2010 and then possibly on to Whitby for a couple of days. From there we are not sure. I am a big fan of all things Roman and would love to see Hadrian's Wall. My question is- Would this be a good time to visit the wall ( dead of winter ) or should I save this for another trip? If you think its a good time what city or town would you recommend staying in for 2 nights in order to catch this wonderful piece of world history?
      Thanks in advance
      Dirk Hansen

9 Answers Jun 26, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    • Bus to Ushaw College

by andrewbebb Online Now Apr 23, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I am traveling by train from Liverpool to Durham City Station Is it possible to get a convenient bus to drop me close to Ushaw College where I shall be attending a conference in September. I have limited walking ability.

3 Answers May 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    • Durham?

by Shiara Online Now Aug 13, 2006 at 5:10 PM

Im from LA in california and im writing a book. Im interested in Durham being part of my plot. So is this a small city? Is it rural there? Country?

5 Answers Apr 20, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • What's Open?

by Silverarrow226 Online Now Dec 12, 2004 at 6:38 AM

Is the Cathedral open for tours in December? What else should be on my 'must see' list. I heard I shouldn't bother with the castle - true?

4 Answers Dec 14, 2004 at 8:37 AM
    • Storing Luggage in Durham

by Silverarrow226 Online Now Dec 8, 2004 at 10:20 AM

I will be making a quick stop in Durham on my way from Edinburgh to York. Is there a place to store my luggage for the day? Thanks

8 Answers Dec 12, 2004 at 6:00 AM
    • Ruthy2001's Profile Photo

Durham pubs

by Ruthy2001 Online Now Apr 11, 2003 at 7:20 AM

I'm planning a reunion here in the summer and as we are all coming from different locations wanted to suggest a good pub to meet in when we arrive. Can anyone recommend a good traditional pub in the heart of durham (or somewhere that is easy to find) Many thanks Ruthy

8 Answers Apr 22, 2003 at 3:12 AM