Durango Travel Answers

change location

Bus travel to Durango, Durango Mex from Houston

by Joedudley Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 12:23 PM

Hello, I'd be grateful for any thoughts you have on how to get from Houston, TX USA to Durango, Durango Mex via bus. Ideally, there would be companies that can take me from Houston; other alternatives are that I can find my own alternatives to Nuevo Laredo or Reynosa. Thanks for any thoughts, or names of companies Joedudley

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AnnaLupilla's Profile Photo

Re: Bus travel to Durango, Durango Mex from Houston

by AnnaLupilla Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 3:40 PM

I once got from Zacatecas to Denver, Colorado and back, took Autobuses Americanos from/to Ciudad Juarez/El Paso, which really was comfortable and cheap. Well, arriving in Mexico you take a bus to Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, takes about 3 hours, costs 17$ 1st class, 2nd class 13$. 1st class's worth it though. In Monterrey you take another bus to Durango, 9 hour trip, 52$ en deluxe, 39$ 1st class. Avoid Greyhound Buses, they are not worth the price you pay. Have fun on the trip. During my stay in Mexico I always enjoyed that. Besides, Durango is a really lovely city. Saludame Mexico lindo y querido ;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MexTraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Bus travel to Durango, Durango Mex from Houston

by MexTraveler Online Now Nov 15, 2004 at 7:31 AM

There are a number of bus companies in Houston located on Harrisburg Blvd. Autobuses Americanos is the name of one of them, but there are several others all in the same area. Most of them have direct service to Monterrey, Mexico and several other inner cities. One of them will likely have service to Durango. Check the yellow pages and look for bus and charter lines if they are located on harrisburg blvd, they have regular service to Mexico. If you choose going to Monterrey, they all take you TO or NEAR the main bus depot (central camionera) in Monterrey. From Monterrey to Durango you should find numerous departures. Grupo Estrella Blanca comes to mind. Continental has a direct flight usually under 300USD R/T, but bacause of the holidays will be over 500USD between TGD and mid January.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines