Durango Travel Answers

change location
skylynx's Profile Photo

Late Fall in Durango

by skylynx Online Now Aug 6, 2005 at 9:07 AM

Greetings to ya'll from Florida. We are two friskie seniors who can't get out there until early November this year. We love active outdoors, such as ATV, horses, jeep tours in the mountain areas, but not into snow sports or freezing to death. Would like to know what kind of weather to expect and if we need to book a flight between blizzards. Please 'scuze ignorance but I've been in snow only once, but three hurricanes last year! Can we still ride the Silverton train then?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo

RE: Late Fall in Durango

by caffeine_induced78 Online Now Aug 7, 2005 at 4:02 PM

I think that you should be okay. The occasional snowstorm will blow in but when the sun comes out it feels sooo good. You will probably have very cool mornings but in the day highs probably average upper 50's to lower 60's. If you need to get to warmer weather you can take a drive of a few hours to the Moab, Utah area and it's usually a few degrees warmer there than in Durango.

As for the Silverton Railroad.

durangosilvertonrailroad.com...

It looks like they stop running in late October. :-(

I've been to this area in March and I found the weather very nice to deal with, but if you are coming from Florida it might be bit cold.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines