Dunedin Travel Answers

change location

858 George or Motel on York

by GulliversMom Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 10:08 AM

We are planning a NZ trip and have found 2 places to stay in Dunedin that both look good, 858 George Street Motel and Motel on York. We would appreciate any comments on the location, convenience, noise etc. that would help us decide between the 2.

Motel on York appears to be close to the Octagon -- is that good or bad? Which would have better access to restaurants and shopping?

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

RE: 858 George or Motel on York

by vtveen Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 10:32 AM

From Motel on York you will have easy access to restaurants and shopping, being located in the city centre.
    Not absolutely sure, but I think you will not have (much) trouble with noise etc. Nightlife in Dunedin is not that abundant.

happy travels
    jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: 858 George or Motel on York

by bbarb47 Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 11:41 PM

Hi I hope I'm not too late in response to this. I have stayed in Motel on York...was great. Close to the cbd and within easy walking distance and not noisy because it's just off the main road. The motel was clean and tidy and very comfortable. I havent stayed in the Gearge st one but it is a little further away from the main cbd...however will still be within walking distance. Hope this helps a little. cheers Barb

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines