Dundee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Camping/caravanning in the Highlands

Scotland Jan 4, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Will we need to book a place for the smallest of caravans in August - we need electricity but that's about all. Sort of planning Fort William and then eventually up to Ullapool and down via Pitterweem -

All itineraries very much welcomed Going up via Aberfoyle Kyle of Locash etc then down via Glamis etc

Many thanks

more
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Edinburgh Castle

Edinburgh Jan 17, 2015 at 4:03 AM

Hi
      How much time can you spend when visiting Edinburgh castle? Is it a couple of hours or a whole day or?
      We are not the types who will linger a lot ..............
      Thanks

more
    • outdoorz13's Profile Photo

10 days in Scotland...where to spend it??

Scotland Jan 15, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Hello all! I will be in Scotland in late April for 10 days. I know we are flying into and out of Edinburgh, but other than that, nothing planned. We DO NOT want to rent a car for the whole trip and want to use public transit to see the best parts of the highlands that we can. Are there particular towns that you recommend via train up in the highlands? We prefer villages and small towns to cities. We love the natural beauty, waterfalls, lakes, etc, over the museums and such. Any town recommendations are appreciated. Thank you!

more
    • 5 weeks in Scotland for a one time trip of a lifetime

Scotland Jan 17, 2015 at 7:25 AM

My husband and I are planning a 5-week trip to explore Scotland in Sept. and early Oct. 2015. I have longed to visit Scotland for a long time, possibly because of my Scottish ancestry. Three months ago I asked for input for a 3-4 week trip to Scotland. As a result of the great feedback we decided to expand our once in a lifetime trip to Scotland to 5 weeks. We are in our mid 60's. We enjoy hiking, natural beauty, history, music, meeting people and soaking up the culture of an area. We plan to rent a car and stay in B & B's or small cottages. We are flexible and realize we won’t do everything we are interested in because we also want to relax and just soak in the beauty. Our plan is to start in Edinburgh for 5 days: 1 day to recover, 3 days to explore Edinburgh, and 1 to explore the western border area. We stay in St Andrew's at the “Old Course Hotel and Spa” for 3 days, to explore the beautiful little towns in the area and play golf. Three days in Dunkeld (we heard they have wonderful music there) to explore Royal Deeside and Fife; going to the Highland Games in Pitlochry on Sept 12th. Onto Inverness for 3 days, exploring the west side of the Cairngorms on the way. We hope to catch the last couple of days of the Blas Music Festival there. We will explore the Inverness area and travel down the east and west side of Loch Ness. We head to Orkney for 3 days via the Black Isle area. We hope to explore the island and enjoy the music there. We plan to explore the Northern Highlands and coastal areas on our way to Plockton with a night in Durness and 2 nights in Ullapool. We will spend 3 nights in Plockton and explore the Applecross Peninsula and drive the A87 visiting Eilean Donan. Next we head to the Isle of Skye for 3 days of exploring. Onto Oban for 5 nights via Mallaig and Ft. Williams. From Oban we will have day trips to the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Glen Coe, and Mull. On our way to Glasgow for 4 nights we will go south of Oban to Kilmartin and Inveraray. We would explore Glasgow and take a day trip to Stirling. We could also take day trips to Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and to the Ary and Glasgow area. We would appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

more
    • Travel fron Aberdeen to Dundee by train

by rhelm Online Now Nov 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Where is the train located? Is it close to the square?

7 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Walking Out Onto Sandbanks At The Mouth Of The Tay

by Arbuckle Online Now Mar 21, 2009 at 3:13 AM

I've been looking at the Ordnance Survey map of the Tayport area and wondering whether it's actually possible to walk all the way out to the farthest edge of the Abertay Sands at low tide for the full 4 miles. Can it be done? Or are there always water-filled channels dividing the sandbanks from each other, no matter how low the tide is? I rather fancy getting a bit closer to the Bell Rock without getting my feet wet, if it's achievable.

Does anyone know if it's do-able?

8 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM
    • Getting to Edinburgh Airport on Boxing Day

by OnAWave Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 4:03 AM

Hi all,

I'm in Broughty Ferry, Dundee, and need to get to Edinburgh Airport for around 10:00 on the 26th December.

Previously, I've got a bus to Dundee Seagate and used the MegaBus service to get to the airport via the FerryToll park and ride, but this time they don't have a service which is early enough for me. I would be grateful for your pointers. Many thanks.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2007 at 7:53 PM
    • getting to dundee

by amabigbear Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 6:50 AM

pls how do i get to dundee immediately after landing at heathrow or gatwick airports and what is the transport fare like by air, train and coach?!

5 Answers Aug 13, 2007 at 10:16 PM
    • gettin to dundee

by amabigbear Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 6:47 AM

hi hw do i get to dundee immediately after landing at heathrow or gatwick london??

1 Answer Jul 27, 2006 at 3:28 PM
    • Dundee

by Miahri Online Now May 14, 2004 at 9:25 PM

Hello guys, Shall be staying in Dundee on business for a week starting from Sunday, 23 May. Wonder what are the major attractions there? I will stay in a hotel right in the centre of the city. Are there any popular pubs/bars/restaurants with reasonable prices? How much a taxi costs from the airport to the city centre? As I shall be arriving from London, where it is cheaper to do shopping for in Dundee or London? Look forward to your reply. Miahri

3 Answers May 16, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • from Dundee to Kirriemuir

by Kajones0129 Online Now May 22, 2003 at 10:40 AM

Please help this American who does not know her way around Scotland! I'm trying to find out the best way to get from Dundee to areas in and around Kirriemuir, most specifically, I need help getting to our families estates at Airlie and Cortachy. I haven't even a clue how to begin this journey, but luckily I have two months to get some help with this? Any information, directions, tips, and approx. travel times would be greatly appreciated! :-) Kristen

2 Answers May 23, 2003 at 6:55 AM