Travel Answers
Dundee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tracyskf's Profile Photo

Road trip 3 days (Stirling - Skye - Loch Lomond)

Isle of Skye Mar 10, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Hi - I wanted to find out more on the best way to see Isle of Skye - tried to find out more information online and I understand there is a couple of areas - Lolchalsh, Broadford, Potree etc. Which area is best to stay for the best view and experience? I am planning to drive.

If I am staying at Isle of Lolchalsh, is it easy to drive across and how should I plan in such to maximise a full day in Skye? Can someone let me know / share links on hiking routes / sightseeing routes and suggest any activities to do in Skye?

What is the best scenic spots for photos?

Thank you

more
    • Transportation Glasgow to Alloa and Dollar

Glasgow Mar 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Is there public transportation to these locations from Glasgow? Approximate travel time? Cost?

Thanks.

more
    • Jerry_Dawson's Profile Photo

Airbnb Edinburgh

Edinburgh Mar 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Hi All,

I have just booked to stay in this beautiful, central apartment in the Old Town of Edinburgh:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2550446

We are arriving via train which is ideal because Waverley Station appears to be a very short walk away from this apartment on Jeffrey Street, however while we are there we want to hire a car (so that my wife can visit some relatives in Glasgow) and although I can see that there is 'metered' on-street parking - I was wondering if anyone was aware of any alternatives?

Thank you for your attention!

Jerry Dawson
      London

more
    • loch lomond

Loch Lomond Mar 11, 2015 at 5:55 AM

Hi all . As per your suggestions i have cut the itinerary. Pl tell me for loch lomond visit how many days are required ? Can it be covered in a day from Glasgow and back or should I take a direct train from windermere to balooch and stay there for 2 days .

Sterling is easy from loch lomond or from Glasgow or a day trip from Edinburg will be convenient . I am travelling in july and will be using public transport. where should i stay in loch lomond or in Glasgow. Pl guide.

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days tour self drive possible?

Isle of Skye Mar 7, 2015 at 7:37 AM

I am arriving by train to Edinburgh Waverly station and plan to do 1 day Edinburgh city sightseeing. I am exploring possibly of doing a 3 day self drive the next morning. Let me know if that is possible and how should I do it? I am thinking of driving up north from Edinburgh to see Stirling Castle, Eilean Donan Castle, sightseeing, then return rented car flying out from Inverness to CDG, Paris. Is there any other airport beside Inverness that fly to CDG?

Suggestions welcomed. If you think driving is not possible, please let me know the best alternate transport. I did explore 3 day tours with tour company - but this is not guaranteed departure and the tours will not run if minimum number of people required are not met.

Thank you! :)

more
    • Help plan a 3 day trip to scotland and lake district

Scotland Mar 23, 2015 at 6:36 AM

Hi,

Please let me know for 3/4 days what are the places to visit in scotland?

more
    • Travel fron Aberdeen to Dundee by train

by rhelm Online Now Nov 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Where is the train located? Is it close to the square?

7 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Walking Out Onto Sandbanks At The Mouth Of The Tay

by Arbuckle Online Now Mar 21, 2009 at 3:13 AM

I've been looking at the Ordnance Survey map of the Tayport area and wondering whether it's actually possible to walk all the way out to the farthest edge of the Abertay Sands at low tide for the full 4 miles. Can it be done? Or are there always water-filled channels dividing the sandbanks from each other, no matter how low the tide is? I rather fancy getting a bit closer to the Bell Rock without getting my feet wet, if it's achievable.

Does anyone know if it's do-able?

8 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 2:55 AM
    • Getting to Edinburgh Airport on Boxing Day

by OnAWave Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 4:03 AM

Hi all,

I'm in Broughty Ferry, Dundee, and need to get to Edinburgh Airport for around 10:00 on the 26th December.

Previously, I've got a bus to Dundee Seagate and used the MegaBus service to get to the airport via the FerryToll park and ride, but this time they don't have a service which is early enough for me. I would be grateful for your pointers. Many thanks.

4 Answers Dec 7, 2007 at 7:53 PM
    • getting to dundee

by amabigbear Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 6:50 AM

pls how do i get to dundee immediately after landing at heathrow or gatwick airports and what is the transport fare like by air, train and coach?!

5 Answers Aug 13, 2007 at 10:16 PM
    • gettin to dundee

by amabigbear Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 6:47 AM

hi hw do i get to dundee immediately after landing at heathrow or gatwick london??

1 Answer Jul 27, 2006 at 3:28 PM
    • Dundee

by Miahri Online Now May 14, 2004 at 9:25 PM

Hello guys, Shall be staying in Dundee on business for a week starting from Sunday, 23 May. Wonder what are the major attractions there? I will stay in a hotel right in the centre of the city. Are there any popular pubs/bars/restaurants with reasonable prices? How much a taxi costs from the airport to the city centre? As I shall be arriving from London, where it is cheaper to do shopping for in Dundee or London? Look forward to your reply. Miahri

3 Answers May 16, 2006 at 1:03 PM
    • from Dundee to Kirriemuir

by Kajones0129 Online Now May 22, 2003 at 10:40 AM

Please help this American who does not know her way around Scotland! I'm trying to find out the best way to get from Dundee to areas in and around Kirriemuir, most specifically, I need help getting to our families estates at Airlie and Cortachy. I haven't even a clue how to begin this journey, but luckily I have two months to get some help with this? Any information, directions, tips, and approx. travel times would be greatly appreciated! :-) Kristen

2 Answers May 23, 2003 at 6:55 AM