Travel Answers
Dundalk

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Ferry from Ireland to Wales... Dublin or Rosslare?

Ireland 10 hours ago

I'll be in Northern Ireland for a genealogy course in September, then going down to Waterford. To travel back to London, I'm debating between going across at Rosslare, or going from Dublin to Holyhead. Not sure if this is an Irish question or a Welsh question... as I also need to know which would be the best train to London. But I also need to know what is the easiest way for a foot passenger - will be either taking train or bus to ferry terminal... and then train to London - so which would be handiest, or most scenic. I'm retired, have the time, and don't really want to fly... don't see much!
      Thanks for your help! I am posting this in the Wales forum as well.

more
    • ottilie113's Profile Photo

Lisdoonnvara Matchmaker Festival DO or DON'T ?

Lisdoonvarna Jun 28, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Hello. I've recently reconnected with my mother's cousin and extended family in Roscommon, Ireland and am planning a trip this September with my sister. We'll be flying out of Shannon Airport after spending some time on the west coast and thought we might end the trip with a stop in Lisdoonvarna while the festival is going on. It looks like it could be alot of fun with great music and such. We're not really interested in the matchmaking angle, but...not totally opposed to that either :) I'd be happy to hear any opinions on this as well as any suggestions as a last night stop before leaving for Shannon Airport in the morning (11 am flight)
      Thanks!

more
    • places to visit with 6 yr old

Ireland Jun 10, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Hi. Looking for recommendations for places to visit on a 5 day road trip from Belfast to Wicklow in July with hubby and daughter.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Train transportation Dublin to Donegal

County Donegal Jun 27, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Working on an itinerary of my travel through Ireland this September. Can you assist with a resource to plan train travel between cities? Specifically starting with Dublin (airport) to County Donegal (no city yet identified)

Thanks,
      ~ Denise

more
    • Things to do at Cobh Port?

Cobh Jun 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Cobh Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

more
    • Nightlife on inishmore

Inishmore Jun 16, 2015 at 6:03 AM

what is the nightlife like on inishmore? would there be many people around of a sunday night we planning on going this sunday the 21st? is it true theres a nightclub on the island

more
    • Things to do at Dun Laoghaire Port?

Dun Laoghaire Jun 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Dun Laoghaire Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

more
    • Hotel in Killarney

Ireland Jun 18, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Considering return visit to Killarney and need suggestions for hotel. I prefer to stay near National Park as I like to walk in area, or a hotel near to bus/train. I stayed last time in B&B which was listed 4* and would not return to it. I had to leave to get early train at 7am to be in Dublin and I had notified hosts day earlier. They did not offer me a cup of tea or even slice of toast. When I went down to lobby to pay my bill, they stated they do not offer refreshments before dining room opened and said they have facilities in room. That was not good enough since I paid high price for 3 nights and when one is rushing to be on early train they could have bent the rules as I had no time to start making tea and there was no milk in room. I thought of putting in a complaint with tourist board but realized I might never hear back or get any satisfaction so would not return there.

Any suggestions. I will be in Ireland last days of August. Thank you.

more
    • From Dublin to Galway

Ireland Jun 15, 2015 at 1:08 AM

We have the whole day to do the trip.What can we visit or maybe do a nice walk?

Kind regards

more
    • MontagS's Profile Photo

cist of living

by MontagS Online Now Sep 2, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Hello
      do you think 1800ÔéČnet would be enough to live and save some?
      Thanks in advance
      maria

1 Answer Sep 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    • rajesh mathew

by rajeshmathew Online Now Jun 3, 2008 at 4:18 AM

i would like to visit cooley mountains,is it near to the mountain park carlingford.i am from drogheda co.louth pls give some information about this matter thank you

2 Answers Jan 20, 2011 at 5:22 AM
    • airkarat's Profile Photo

Carlingford to Dundalk

by airkarat Online Now Jan 15, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Our flight into Belfast was bumped ahead by one day, so we have a day and evening to spend somewhere within access of the *Dublin* airport where we fly out the next morning (need to be at the airport by 10am).

We will be relying on public transport, and were looking for a smaller town with friendly locals and charm, and are interested in staying in Carlingford. The morning bus doesn't put us in Dundalk in time to catch the express bus to the airport (@ 8:30am). Any idea of what a taxi would cost from C to D? The alternative would be to take the Aircoach out of Newry around the same time - what would a taxi fare be for C to N?

I hesitate to ask two more questions because they seem silly, but here goes:

Depending on weather, and since our inbound flights put us at Belfast International airport at an ungodly 5:10am, we were thinking of hopping on a train and doing a quick tour (bus drive) of the north Antrim coast. Doing so would delay our arrival in Carlingford to @ 5pm which in January will be after dark. Likewise, leaving Carlingford at 8am would be before sunrise. Silly question #1: is Carlingford 'pretty' at night - are the ruins lit up? Will it be worth traveling off the beaten track for an evening there? We will be tired, but Scott would like to have a traditional pub meal and some Guinness and conversation.

Of course if the weather is not conducive to touring the coast then we will be in Carlingford much earlier!

Silly question #2: Scott thinks that the only place to buy Guinness merchandise is the Guinness storehouse in Dublin - hats, sweaters (jumpers), etc. I would imagine that these things are prevalent throughout Ireland like our Molson Canadian stuff is here in Canada. If so, are there any place to avoid paying 'tourist' prices?

Any other suggestions?

2 Answers Aug 25, 2008 at 8:23 AM