Dun Laoghaire Travel Answers

change location
janetmt's Profile Photo

Self catering locations

by janetmt Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Hi there,
I am travelling to Ireland with my husband and two children, ages 2 and 10. We are looking for a cottage/self-catering place where we can tour Meath etc. but still have easy access to Dublin without having to drive into the city. Do you know of any cottage/self catering places to rent?
With thanks,
Janet

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Self catering locations

by leics Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM

None personally, sorry but whilst you are waiting for specific recommendations you could have a look through the official tourist info site to search for self-catering accomm in and near Dun Laoghaire:

visitdublin.com/accommodatio...

Select 'south Dublin county'.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I know this is a bit lazy of me but as I answered a similar question recently I'm pasting the relevant section of that answer here because it contains a couple of self-catering suggestions for the East coast, hope this makes sense and helps:

'...I’d suggest spending the second week on the east coast, maybe renting a house or apt. in Dublin and enjoying the sights for a few days as well as doing some day trips in the surrounding areas. Or you could rent a house or apt in Bray, only 12 miles south of Dublin and on good transport links to the city. Staying in Bray would give you the benefit of a holiday resort with a beach, aquarium and amusements for the kids as well as easy access to some of Co Wicklow’s best sites such as Powerscourt, Glendalough etc. The Aircoach service provides a direct link from Bray to Dublin airport should you need it, although you don't mention where you will arrive/depart from.
    Here is a link to a cottage in Dublin:

holidaylettings.co.uk/rental...

And one in Bray:

holidaylettings.co.uk/rental... '

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

• annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

by annemariebyrne Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Janet, just realized that my answer above was actually an extract from my response to your own earlier query so you would have had that info already!

• tony2phones's Profile Photo

by tony2phones Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 5:04 AM

The only self catering we have used just out from Dublin was an apartment in Bray

imagineireland.com/Wicklow-c...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Dun Laoghaire