Dumfries

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 nights in Skye VS 2 nights in Skye + 1 night in Inverness

Isle of Skye Apr 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM

My husband and I are arriving into Edinburgh on July 8th. We spend 2 nights there - and then rent a car and the plan is to drive to Skye on the 10th. We have 3 nights booked in Skye at the Rowan Cottage Tree House. We then have a flight out from Inverness to London on the 13th at 2PM.

My question is do you think we should do 3 nights in Skye or should we spend the last night in Inverness since we have a flight out from there on the 13th afternoon.

Also any suggestions on good routes from Edinburgh to Skye and any recommendations for what distilleries to visit perhaps on the way to Skye? My husband really enjoys Scotch where as I can be the designated driver.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Cruises that originate from Edinburgh, UK?

Edinburgh Apr 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Are there cruises that originate from Edinburgh to mainland Europe or Denmark or Norway?

more
    • Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye Apr 10, 2014 at 1:46 AM

What is the most beautiful remote area of the isle of skye. we want amazing sea views with the possibility of seeing whales, dolphins,seals otters etc.

more
    • hotel in edinburg

Edinburgh Mar 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM

hi can anyone suggest a good hotel in edinburg central , i have 2 children aged 6 and 1 1 with me ,my budget is between 100 and 150 pounds per night

more
    • Archaeology

Orkney Apr 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I will have just 4 days on Orkney in May - want to see as much of the best archaeological sites possible. Will have our own transport. What would you recommend best way to make the msot of a short stay?

more
    • Isle of skye for 2 days

Isle of Skye Apr 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Is it better to hire a Isle of skye tour or one can roam around the whole area with public transport?

more
    • Taking a ferry with a rental car

Scotland Apr 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I,ve heard that it's not possible to take a ferry with a rental car. Could you tell me if this is right? We're going to travel all around Scotland and this would be a serious problem.
      Thanks

more
    • Scottisn Referendum & Impact on Tourism

Scotland Mar 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM

We are thinking of visiting Scotland around the Referendum date - possible itinerary - Tobermorr/Sky/Stornoway /Pitterweem = touring in a small caravan, avoiding all major cities - and staying on 5 star sites. What concerns us is will we be welcome as English tourists or is there liable to be some ill feeling towards us. We are completely neutral in our views. All we do know is that Scotland is truly beautiful and we wish we'd discovered it earlier in our lives

Many thanks

more
    • 8 days in Scotland

Isle of Skye Mar 18, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I am planning my family's first trip to Scotland. We will be there for 8 days. I am wondering if I should include the Isle of Skye? My children are 12 and 9 (my son turns 10 while we are there). So far I am planning 2 days in Edinburgh, 2 days for Perth and the surrounding areas, 2 days in Inverness and the surrounding areas and I was just wondering where best to spend the other 2 days. Thanks

more
    • Edinburg and London stay

Scotland Mar 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Hi , I am traveling with my 2children to uk and have total 9 nights and want to split between London and Edinburg , can any one suggest how many days to spend in Edinburg and how many in London?

more