Dumaguete City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Medical/Health Insurance Question

Manila Dec 18, 2014 at 5:07 AM

To the Expats and foreign students who live in the Philippines, I am researching what health/medical insurance company to sign up with, preferably US based, that will provide good and reliable coverage while a person is living in the Philippines. It appears there are quite a few companies out there. One I found that seems to have comprehensive coverage is GeoBlue. Anyone have any experience with GeoBlue? Any other companies that you had good (or bad) experience with? Thanks.

more
    • Travelling - Puerto princesa > Port Barton

Port Barton Dec 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I reach at puerto princesa airport at 6 in evening and I have to arrive at Port Barton the same day. I know there is a jeepney everyday at 9am but what are other alternatives so that I don't have to spend so much time waiting?

more
    • san fernando pampanga to baguio

Baguio Dec 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM

may masasakyan pa ba kaming bus bukas?

more
    • Good resort

Boracay Island Dec 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Do you know a good resort on Boracay, near station 1, 2 or 3 that is new? So maybe not yet on booking and agoda. The price around 75 dollar a night

Thank you

more
    • Directions going to Luna, La Union from Cubao, QC via Public Transpo (and vice versa)

Province of La Union Nov 29, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hello,

I would like to inquire for directions going to Luna, La Union from Cubao, QC if I'll take public transportation. I have inquired to Partas earlier and there is no direct route to Luna from Cubao, which means that I have to drop off in Balaoan. Also I would like to request for directions going back to Cubao. Please advise. Thank you!

more
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Manila day tours with a group

Manila Dec 26, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I'm in Manila I'm trying to book day tours outside of Manila like tall valance eat but all the tout companies I find are wanting to give me a private tour, but I'd like to join a group can someone please help me

more
    • Monopal's Profile Photo

How to get from lipa to Baguio

Lipa City Dec 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Taga sabang poh q pano q maka biyahe pupuntang Baguio

more
    • Data plan recommendations

Palawan Dec 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM

What are data plan options in Palawan? Traveling there soon and need minimal internet, not finding any good  info! Thanks!!!

more
    • sherese7's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Puerto Princesa

Palawan Dec 16, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Hey all, we are backpackers traveling to Palawan in late Jan. We land in the eve and are looking for a good place for 2 nights. Preferably a place with pool. We will spend up to $50ish per nite because we want comfort after a 27hr flight. (after that we will be back to backpacker budget) It would be ideal to find something in walking distance or bicycle to restaurants, beaches,etc.
      Can anyone help out with recommendations.
      Thanks SO much :)

more
    • audspice's Profile Photo

Hotel Henrico

Baguio City Dec 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Which is better - cleanliness and location - Kisad or Legarda?

more
    • victorcklau's Profile Photo

Villa Escudero

Manila Dec 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Anyone is planning to go Villa Escudero? I will be in Manila till Dec 30 and looking to join a tour group or private group (cheaper I think and more fun!). So if you (locals and foreigners) are planning such a trip, please let me know ... just me alone! Thanks! (Staying around Newport City, Manila.)

more
    • Find room for group trip

Boracay Island Dec 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hye there.
      I would to request the room for 10 person (5 rooms) budget below PH2600
      We will arrive and check in on 4th april 2015 and check out on 8th april 2015.
      We hope you can provide us that room. And if you can provide us that room can you susgest us to other hotel or chalet which can provide us 5 rooms. We hope you can help us. Waiting for your reply
      Can email to me at hairehassan36@gmail.com

more
    • Shawn_tot's Profile Photo

Pets traveling to Baguio

Baguio Dec 14, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hi, is there any bus company that accepts small pets going to Baguio? I want to bring him for this holiday and enjoy the weather.

more
    • Hotel or Resort to Stay

Pagudpud Dec 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Hello po! I'm from San Fernando, La Union and we (friends) are looking for a place to stay in Pagudpud. Either resort or hotel na affordable. Our plan is to travel on 19th at 6PM and hopefully to arrive midnight at Pagudpud then check-in na. To further help me to decide,

Check-in sa Resort (maybe Saud Beach Resort) and stay for a day. Next day, check-out na and stop-overs na lang sa Bangui Windmills, Laoag hanggang makarating na ng SFC La Union.

Pa-advise naman po. Thank you!

more
    • medical care

Baguio Dec 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM

i will need to see a physician in baguio, where I plan to live and marry a local Filipina. I take two meds which will need a prescription in the Philippines, one a benzodiazepam type for OCD ant the other an opioid for chronic backpain and restless less syndrome. I cannot tolerate nsaids as I lost half of my kidney function on them. I tried to make an appointment at the clinic?/medical center? used Philippine doctor or a website of a similar name. I will run out of these meds soon after I arrive in early December. how hard is it to get a physician's appointment. I am a retired physician myself and realize it can be frustrating. thank you for your help. this is a great site, peter Dohan, md

more
    • WIKEND TRIP (DEC 27-28) LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION AND TOUR

Baguio Dec 3, 2014 at 8:13 PM

we are 3 couples looking for affordable cheap accomodation in baguio city,, and also is there any or somebody we can help us in our itinerary, we have places we want to visit,, thank you

more
    • How to get to Anda

Bohol Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hello,

How knows the best/cheapiest way to travel from Tag airport Bohol to the east cost, Anda? We have a hotel there but the pick up service of the hotel is 3000 peso's. So that is al lot of money. Does anybody has a better idea?

Thank you

more
    • bminorca's Profile Photo

Taxis and ATMs at Manila airport

Manila Dec 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Regarding Terminal 2 at Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL)

1. Where is the official taxi booth?
      2. How does it work? Am I supposed to buy a coupon? Do they take credit cards?
      3. Is there an ATM at Terminal 2?

Thanks!

more
    • Nuclear power plant

Province of Bataan Dec 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi, my question pertains to the batman nuclear facility.

I read on the Internet than you can take tours, however not much information is available.

Is it open 7 days a week ?

Can I turn up at entrance and buy a ticket or do I have to go on a pre arranged organised tour?

This and any other information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
      Tony.

more
    • DIY Coregidor vs Packaged Tour ?

Corregidor Island Dec 22, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Planning to visit Coregidor this week. Is it small enough to go around by ourselves so we aren't restricted by thr tour itineraries ? Or is the packaged tour of Sun cruises flexible enough to allow tourists to stop in certain areas specifically interesting to them, i.e. Go off the IT ?

more
    • Health/Medical Insurance Question

Philippines Dec 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM

To the Expats and foreign students who live in the Philippines, I am researching what health/medical insurance company to sign up with that will provide good and reliable coverage while a person is living in the Philippines. It appears there are quite a few companies out there. One I found that seems to have comprehensive coverage is GeoBlue. Anyone have any experience with GeoBlue? Any other recommendations that you had good experience with?

Thanks

more
    • Where to go to avoid the typhoon?

Philippines Dec 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I'm in Oslob now after swimming with whale sharks which was awesome btw. I had planned to spend the next week on Cebu and Bohol then a few days on Boracay before flying home. So my question is I guess is there somewhere else in the Philippines I can fly to, from Cebu, to avoid it then fly back early next week? Somewhere with nice beaches and snorkeling would be good. N.B. I've already been to Puerto Galera. Lastly after seeing how low lying the land is around here I hope if the typhoon comes this way everyone will be ok as a storm surge would cause a lot of damage.

more

Popular Dumaguete City Travel Answer Locations

• Safe evening beach areas or resorts very near to Dumaguete City centre

Dumaguete City Aug 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Where can I find beach resorts very near to Dumaguete City centre which would be open (if privately owned) and safe to spend the evenings? My plan is to move to Dumaguete to live and spend the day time in air-conditioned locations (i.e. my dwelling, malls, cinemas) and then go out in the evenings when it is cooler (from maybe 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.); it would be good to spend some of those times on a beach but are private ones closed then? And are there any good ones (private or public) very close to the City Centre (i.e. up to about 15 minutes away)? And, finally, does my plan to spend the day indoors and the evenings outside make sense?

8 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Camilla1612's Profile Photo

Cries for help: where do I find a dentist in Dumaguete?

Dumaguete Jun 12, 2014 at 5:08 AM

This evening, I cracked a tooth down through the root. I desperately need a skillful dentist.
      But where to go? The price does not matter as long as he is the top professional! And how are the dental standard in Dumaguete? Please help!!
      Kind Regard
      Camilla

4 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • Camilla1612's Profile Photo

Skilled and trained tailor in Dumaguete or Tagbilaran (or near)

Dumaguete May 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Does anyone know a skilled tailor I can trust to make my wedding dress? (I want a copy of a dress on a photo.)
      The alternative is to measure myself and send the results as well as photo of the dress to a tailor in Manila, but I am unsure if I will get the right fabric in that way.
      Please help me!
      Kind Regard
      Camilla

1 Answer May 17, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    • JunHaoW's Profile Photo

Beach resort or stay in city

Dumaguete City Jan 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Not sure whether to stay in beach resort or city. Intend to stay for 3 nights. Activities Dive, island hopping jungle trekking.

3 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • Flight baggage

Dumaguete City Dec 16, 2013 at 5:51 AM

How to order prepaid 20 kg baggage, Manila to Dumaguete; PAL or Cebu Pacific.

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    • area i have to stay away from?

Dumaguete City Nov 3, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Im travelling alone... and places to go out at night.....

12 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM
    • Current Safety in Dumaguete

Dumaguete City Sep 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Just curious what the overall feel is in Dumaguete currently with all of the unrest in Mindanao? Planned a dive vacation in February and am wondering about the safety. Any information is appreciated. Thanks, and my own reasons aside I hope all is well for everyone in Dumaguete.

10 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • tricycle fare

Dumaguete City Aug 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM

how much is the standard tricycle fare at dumaguete?

2 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    • Public Transportation from Dumaguete airport

Dumaguete City Jul 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I am just wondering if there is a taxi or bus from Dumaguete Airport? I am planning to get a flight MNL-DGT instead of MNL- Cebu. In Mactan Int'l Airport you can find a taxi at the arrival same as the departure area. I am just curious if its the same thing in Dumaguete. I have been to Dumaguete but never seen a taxi but I have heard there are.

2 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 3:12 AM
    • anadyr's Profile Photo

Renting snorkeling gear

Dumaguete Jul 6, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning on visiting Dumaguete in Oct. I plan on seeing the dolphins in Bais City; doing the zip line; and I want to go to Apo Island with a group (I'll be single). I want to do some snorkeling (not diving - not certified). Does anyone offer group trips to Apo Island for the day and where can I rent snorkle gear? Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    • group tour package best price offer for 6 persons

Dumaguete Jun 28, 2013 at 5:43 AM

My KOrean husband wIth his workmates are planning to have a trip to Dumaguete this end of August till 1st of september. 6 of us. and we are looking for a best offer for a tour package of Apo island, Diving, Dolphin watch and Shark interaction. pls give us the best offer for this whole itinerary. no need for hotel as we have already browse where and we just keep coming back to Dumaguete. thank you.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    • anadyr's Profile Photo

Organized whale watching tours

Dumaguete Jun 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Are there any organized tours for Dolphin watching from Dumaguete? or is it best to make your way to Bais City? Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • Travel time.

Dumaguete City Mar 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM

How long would the travel time from Bacolod city be to Dumaguete city.

6 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • Dumaguete Ukay Queen

Dumaguete City Sep 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Hi guys! I'm scheduled to visit Dmgte next month, I was wondering if anyone can give me the locations/addresses/directions to/names of some ukay-ukay stores within the city? I love vintage everything and have a small boutique specializing in preloved items. i recently read the blog of Rajo Laurel and he claims that Dmgte has the BEST ukay finds! Thanks, guys! I really appreciate all the help! =)

2 Answers Oct 16, 2012 at 4:32 AM
    • sanggano's Profile Photo

Monarch Sands and Apo Island

Dumaguete May 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Hi!

Has anyone stayed at the Monarch Sands? What is the distance/travel time from the airport?
      Could you recommend an outfit that can arrange transpo/ snorkelling at Apo Island?

Thanks.

5 Answers May 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM
    • First time traveler

Dumaguete Feb 2, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi just wanna know if it's advisable/good to travel alone in dumaguete. I'm visiting dumaguete for the first time on jun 3-6. Can you suggest of a good place to stay and places to go?..

Thanks much :-)

6 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    • nidaflores's Profile Photo

Dumaguete-siquijor trip on Dec

Dumaguete Nov 6, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Good day to all members of virtual tourist. kindly help me in my itinerary.
      My husband and I are schedule to have a vacation on Dumaguete on dec 9-13 thru cebu pac.
      Kindly help me in our itinerary.. Our budget is 20K.
      Here are the places we want to visit on our trip to Dumaguete.Can anybody suggest me another place that we can visit? we want to visit Siquijor and Bais. We loved beaches (especially white sand) and we loved to snorkle...we love seafoods... Please help me to find a cheap and good accomodation, a person who will assists us in our trip. Many thanks.... You may also email me at floresnpj@yahoo.com.. Many thanks.looking forward for all your help.

11 Answers Nov 13, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    • contact person

Dumaguete City Aug 24, 2011 at 8:03 AM

hi!please give me a contact person with a contact nos.in dumaguete city.plan to go there.thanks

2 Answers Aug 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM
    • npamo's Profile Photo

Dumaguete - Siquijor - Apo Island - Dumaguete trip

Dumaguete City Aug 14, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Would it be possible to do a Dumaguete-Siquijor-Apo Island-Dumaguete trip in 4 days and 3 nights? We arrive in Dumaguete City at 1PM and leave on our 4th day at 4 PM.

10 Answers Sep 7, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    • newbie320's Profile Photo

3d/2n itinerary suggestion

Dumaguete City May 4, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Hello everyone!
      We are scheduled to go here next month but I am now confused on what itinerary should I do in order to enjoy the place. I am also planning to visit Siquijor but I am not sure if a day trip is sufficient or if it warrants an overnight stay.

I've read somewhere that it is pricey to go Dolphin watching in Bais since no matter if you're on your own or in a group, you still need to hire the whole boat for Php2500-3000 for a 10pax capacity. Is this true? There's only 2 of us so this will be very pricey indeed. Can you recommend any travel agency that arranges day trips to Bais which offers cheaper package rates per person?

Do I need an overnight stay in Apo Island in order to enjoy the place? Or a day tour will do?

Thanks in advance. :)

2 Answers May 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    • Visiting for Buglasan Festival.

Dumaguete May 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I'm planning on visiting the city for the Buglasan Festival. I'm traveling alone from the U.S. I would like recommendations for a good and safe place to stay while attending the festival. As well, Would like to know about some sites of interest. This will be my first time there so any information would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers May 3, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    • Antulang, Dumaguete

Dumaguete City Oct 25, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Where do we stay for cheap? :)

• Garden City Cafe in Valencia

Dumaguete City Sep 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Hello,

I need to contact a friend living in Valencia. The only address I have is c/o Garden City Cafe, Stall #12, Valencia Public Market, Valencia, Negros Oriental.

Please reply to this post if anyone can help me find their phone number.

Thanks!

Beth

3 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    • How to go to Antulang Beach Resort

Dumaguete City Sep 4, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Hi! Does anyone know how to go from Dumaguete Airport to Antulang Beach Resort? Do you know how long it would take? Thank you so much!

2 Answers Sep 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    • Cebu to Dumaguete

Dumaguete City Jul 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Hi I hope someone can help me, I'm going to visit my friend in Novemeber and they live in Dumaguete.. I can get a flight to Cebu, my problem is that I have no idea on the next part of my journey. How do i travel from Cebu airport to Dumaguete and how much will it cost. The best possible help you can advise me with will be most appreciated.. Thank you

8 Answers Nov 22, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    • dumaguete to cagayan de oro city (mindanao)

Dumaguete City May 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Hi,

We are going back this coming July in the phils.

We will stay in Negros, but we will visit our family in cagayan de oro.

Somebody can tell us if we can take a boat from dumaguete to cagayan de oro city (schedules and days).

Thank you for your help.

2 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 8:36 AM
    • seashore snorkeling/diving

Dumaguete Apr 18, 2010 at 8:07 AM

where in the dumaguete area are there good near-shore snorkeling
      put another way: which beach resorts have good snorkeling spots nearby?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    • lab as resturant recipe

Dumaguete City Apr 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Hi, we live in Sagay, negros occ, eat at lab as and the food was great, we had the seafood boulibase soup in coconut milk, and the seafood especial also with coconut, I have looked for recipes to make this in balay and can't find. maybe you can help. Thank you.

Zach Taylor family

1 Answer Apr 7, 2010 at 4:12 AM
    • ibel's Profile Photo

going to boracay island

Dumaguete City Mar 27, 2010 at 4:33 AM

hi guys ,im from mindanao me and my friends are going to boracay this coming august 2010 and we are planning to go there by land from cebu-dumaguete-boracay. but we dont have any idea where to ride a bus from dumaguete-boracay..anyone can help us? or suggestions how to get there by land? thanks :)

6 Answers Mar 27, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    • TRIP

Dumaguete City Mar 10, 2010 at 5:20 PM

HOW CAN I GET THERE IN (DUMAGUETE)BY LAND,IM FROM ILOILO...

10 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM