Duisburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Oktoberfest in Serm (near Duisburg)

by depart76 Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Someone could tell me about the Oktoberfest (beer festival) taking place in Serm near Duisburg ? Is there any other beer festival this autumn in or near Duisburg ? Any tip would be appreciated.

Here is the question in German if it helps :

Guten Tag,

I schreibe dieses email von Paris, Frankreich;
      Ich möchte wissen ob es gibt ein Oktoberfest (Bier festival) in or neben Duisburg, nächstes oktober (2012). Ich will kommen nach Duisburg für ein besuch um solches unbekanntes Ereignis (im Vergleich zu München) zu sehen. Ich have gelest dass es gibt ein Bier Fest in Serm, ist das wahr? gibt es eine andere Bier-Festival in der Nähe?

2 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM
    • Quickest Transportation to Wedau rowing course from town

by nancymccloud Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM

My husband is racing in the Masters Regatta in September. All of the closest hotels to the site are fully booked so it looks like we'll be staying in Duisburg. I understand that the only bus to the race site from town is No. 923. Can you please suggest hotels that are nice (Not fancy) where this bus is close by? If you don't mind, also suggest good places to eat that the locals love. Thank you very much!

2 Answers Jan 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Landschaftspark Duisburg-Nord

by schmechi Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 3:01 AM

I want to visit Landschaftspark Duisburg-Nord in order to see some industrial heritage sites. Could you help me to estimate the time, I'll need? The official homepage (landschaftspark.de/en/home/i... - also available in German) offers a map, but unfortunately there is no distance data. So how much time I should allow for getting a quick impression (I believe a tour won't be necessary)?

Additionally I am curious, wether there are some restaurants, cafés or at least food stalls in the area.

Due to the other journey plans I I'll visit it during daylight, although I know about the illiuminations...

1 Answer Feb 5, 2011 at 3:30 AM
    • From Dortmund to Duisburg by water

by smitbet Online Now Sep 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM

From my not-so-good map, it looks like I can kayak from the end of the Dortmund-Ems Kanal to Duisburg. If this is so, then I would like to travel up the Rhein. Is the current from Duisburg to the Main swift? By swift, I mean would it be greater than 4knots? Is there a portion of the Rhein on that stretch that is requlated by schluses? Where would I find this information? Any feedback would certainly be appreciated.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2009 at 6:14 PM