Duck Travel Answers

change location
Foundryman1's Profile Photo

What's the word on Duck?...

by Foundryman1 Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 11:34 AM

Hey-
I posted this in the North Carolina forum too so thanks for your patience......
I'm heading to Duck for two weeks next week and was haoping I could get some advice.I usually stay down near Salvo and Rodanthe but this is the first time I'll be spending any length of time in Duck.

1. I need a bicycle rental place in Duck or nearby

2. Can anyone recomend a good restraunt? Someplace casual with good food-I'm looking for something like Tortugas Lie in Nags Head.

3. How's the fishing? They always tell me "you should have been here last week" so I imagine it's good this week.What won't I catch when I'm there??

Thanks a bunch---CR

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ljbs's Profile Photo

RE: What's the word on Duck?...

by ljbs Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 12:50 PM

I can't answer many of your questions, but I have stayed in Duck several times. I didn't rent a bike or fish, but I can tell you about a couple of good, though fairly expensive, restaurants. Elizabeth's Restaurant in the Scarboro Faire shopping center and Sandeling resort and Spa on Duck Road north of the town. Sanderling's is pretty expensive, but their Sunday brunch is probably worth it. Very good, cheaper and much less upscale, is the Duck Deli, also on Duck Rd. I satyed in a time share at Barrier Station. It's a very comfortable place with beach access. At this time of the year the rates will probably have come down quite a bit. There are lots of motels, but I don't know much about them.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

RE: RE: What's the word on Duck?...

by Foundryman1 Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 4:16 PM

Got a good price on a nice house.This is the best time to go down weather and price -wise. As long as there're no storms it'll be great.I just found out the house is in the whalehead area which actually may be in Corolla.Any idea where that is?-C

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

by ForestqueenNYC Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 7:53 PM

I ate in a fabulous restaurant in Duck about 10 years ago. I don't even know if it is still there. I think it may have been the Blue Point because it was located in a quaint little shopping center overlooking the water and this fits the Blue Point's description. Check this website to see if the menu appeals.

goodfoodgoodwine.com/index.h...

• ljbs's Profile Photo

by ljbs Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 9:59 PM

Whale Head Bay is a bay in the sound; Corolla is right by the bay. It's about 12 miles north of Duck, and not far at all to get to Sanderling's brunch. There are, or were 2 years ago, some very good places to eat in Corolla and an extremely good bakery--unfortunately I don't remember the names of any of them. You're right--the weather should be great and I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines