Dubrovnik

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• may in mljet

Mljet National Park Apr 1, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hi im staying in mljet for 4 nights from 10th may and the plan was to do a day trip from mljet to dubrovnik and back is this possible? Do ferrys run this time of year thete and back or what sort of costs are taxis? Also is it likely enough to be warm enough to swim ? Any further info appreciated as the trip is to celebrate a birthday so want it to run smoothly .

more
    • money needed for a weekend with the wife

by Mat1490 Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 5:57 AM

How much englsih money will i need to change up for a weekend in dubrovnik we are planning on the normal, eating and drinking out and a little shopping. i was thinking £600 for the 3 days?

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

Roman Catholic churches

by irvbur Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Are there any paintings by renaisance masters?

• Looking for a small town/village near Dubrovnik for a group to stay

by gordon588 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hi All, there is a group of 8 of us that would like to find a small village or town that has a beach and local bars within 30 miles of Dubrovnik. If you have a hotel you would recommend would appreciate that as well. We are travelling in May this year. Many thanks.

5 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    • I would like to ask if there is any overnight bus from Dubrovnik to Zadar?

by manhkust1 Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I would like to ask if there is any overnight bus from Dubrovnik to Zadar?

4 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • tango_jd's Profile Photo

Advice on tour of Mljet

by tango_jd Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 12:59 PM

We are going to Dubrovnik (Lapad Peninsular) for 1 week in August.
      I've seen various comments on other travel sites suggesting that a trip to the island of Mljet is possible - apparently a boat takes you to the island and a van transfers you to the lakes in the national park all included with the ticket price.
      I have not managed to find out if this would be a regular trip offered by shops in town, or in my resort, or whether I have to do-it-myself.
      Have any of you done this or have advice on doing this trip?

4 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    • andrewdenholmuk's Profile Photo

Travelling for the first time with a 7 month old

by andrewdenholmuk Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 4:50 AM

My wife, daughter and myself will be travelling to dubrovnik in April, staying at the importanne resort in lapad.
      I was just looking for any restaurants that are child friendly, and any recommendations of day/ short trips that would be suitable for a child to come on.
      Thanks in advance.
      Andy

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    • adovaston's Profile Photo

Traveling from Dubrovnik Airport to Zadar and Pag

by adovaston Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Hi,
      Can anyone give any advise on the best way to travel from Dubrovnik Airport to Zadar or even better, Pag please.
      I've looked on websites on transport but not come up with much luck.

5 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 11:55 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Book on summer palaces in the country surrounding the city

by halikowski Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Hello, I've been looking for a hardback book with photographs of the hundred Renaissance summer palaces in the countryside surrounding the city of Dubrovnik. I saw the book on holiday in the summer, but cannot now remember the exact title, or find it via google. If anybody knows what I am talking about, please answer.

2 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    • Shoppinng for unusual things

by crazymum Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Does anyone please know the addresses for the following shops:

Knitting Shops/Craft shops for knitting patterns/techniques

Musical instruments local sheet music & accordians

Crystal/glass - I always take home a piece of the local glass

Croatian cookery books in English

Likewise any shops in Mostar and Montenegro - we will be doing the usual coach trips on the tourist trail

Many thanks

• Day Excursions from Dubrovnik

by crazymum Online Now Oct 5, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Can someone please give me honest answers on the following trips which are being offered by the tour operator

Elaphite Islands = doesn't seem to be a lot there apart from scenery

Cavtat - is this just a holiday resort

Ston & Tresteno ??

We like small towns/pretty villages with interesting shops and some scenery along the way

Many thanks

9 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    • Currency - Euros or Local

by crazymum Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM

To put it mildly I am extremely confused - tour operator says that Euros are widely accepted in Dubrovnik & surrounding area and then goes on to say that tours are payable in local currency. We intend visiting Mostar & Montenegro - what should I take - a mixture of both? In Croatia would I do a better deal buying presents to take home in Euros or local - nothing expensive planned just a few inexpensive bits

Hope someone can clarify the confusion the tour operator has caused

Many thanks

29 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    • xaver's Profile Photo

day trips out of town

by xaver Online Now Oct 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I am thinking of a day trip in Montenegro from Dubrovnik and I am wondering if a tour woud be better than just taking the bus. I am particulary interested in Kotor and, tours include many more stops as far as I could see. Second question, do you have any advice for a travel company for the day trip to Monstar? I saw there are many, I would just like to avoid huge group tour, though now it should not be high season.

7 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    • Ferries to islands

by crazymum Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Can someone please give me an honest answer to how big or how small the boats to Elaphti islands and Mijet island are. Last time I took an Egyptian small boat I had a bad panic attack - I have no problems with reasonable sized boats but I do have a problem walking narrow gang planks. Sorry to be such a wimp but I don't want to spoil the excursions for others. Many thanks

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • pcsn57's Profile Photo

driving from split to dubrovnik

by pcsn57 Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I`m gonna travel to Croatia in a few months, and wanna go to Dubrovnok by car, but I have some concerns about crossing the bosnian border. Is it easy to drive from Split to Dubrovnik?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

Any info would be great

by jlanza29 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Hello everyone ... After many years of planning a trip to Croatia the time has finally come ... Going next week !!! Weeeeeeeee. But I need some info from my fellow travelers .... We have decided to rent a car for the week were gonna be in Dubrovnik .....

So question # 1 how is easy is it to go to Split ??? I know they were constructing a new highway but from what I read it might not be worth it to drive on the new highway since the route which most people and buses tke is more scenic ......

Question #2 ..... How easy is it to go to Montenegro on a day trip such as Kotor and the surrounding areas ??? ny issues at the border besides having the right documentations for rental car ????

Question #3 ..... Parking can't be worse than Manhattan in NYC to find a spot ????? Or can it ????

Thank you in advance to everyone ....

6 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    • rob-craig's Profile Photo

Best car hire deal

by rob-craig Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

We are staying in Cavtat flying to Dubrovnik airport . Wanting to pick up and drop off a car at the airport . We were wondering what are the best deals , is it best to hire online before we fly , hire one when we get to the airport or get a taxi to our resort and hire one in cavtat ?

4 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    • Weather in Dubrovnik

by djabend Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM

What is the weather typically like in late October and November in Dubrovnik?

4 Answers Aug 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    • Accommodation

by Hypo11 Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Anyone got good accommodation suggestions for 2-day stay in early sept this year? Without breaking the bank :)
      Thanks

1 Answer Jan 23, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    • Interesting or unusual lodging options in or near Dubrovnik

by DebBourget Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Will be in driving to Dubrovnik from Split on Friday, Sept 6 and returning to Split Monday, Sept 9. Looking for interesting or unusual accommodations for 2. Not interested in big hotels or chain hotels. Perhaps a small inn or family run establishment with Croatian 'charm.' Since we have a car, we certainly have the option of staying outside of the city itself. Thoughts? Kind regards, Deb

2 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    • Off Peak Season

by crazymum Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Thinking about visiting Dubrovnik middle of October - what will the temperatures be like and will the hotels be fully functional - restaurants/tourist attractions etc

Many thanks

4 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    • locksmith, contractor...etc

by inesdanica Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I need to hire a locksmith, and a general contractor for a property not far from Dubrovnik. I also need recommendations re: where to buy appliances (fridge, stove...etc)

Thank you!!

• CHLuke's Profile Photo

Suggestions for a few days trip out of Dubrovnik?

by CHLuke Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Hi all,
      I've got the opportunity to go to Dubrovnik for about 11 days at end of July/start of August. I would like to take the chance to see a bit more of the surrounding region and I wonder could people advise as to whether I should maybe go in to Montenegro for a few days (and if so, the best things to see in 2/3 days) or maybe try and see a few different islands up the coast from Dubrov. I'll be flying in and out of Dubrovnik, so will need to return there from wherever I visit.

Many thanks VTers,
      CHLuke

11 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • ASonkaya's Profile Photo

Please help me decide where to stay

by ASonkaya Online Now Jun 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Hi,

We are planning a visit to Dubrovnik at the end of July. I studied history, so I think staying in the old city must be fantastic! But I think it will be very touristic and crowded as well. Since we really need to rest to, I can't decide if we should stay at a beach area, nearby the old town but more quite, with a nice sea view, so we can relax and visit the old city easily by taxi. What would be the right place to stay? Or would you recommend staying in the old city and going to the beaches during the day (since it must be very crowded because of the cruise ships) Could you please tell me a bit about the atmosphere of the beach areas nearby and the old city? Thank you very much on advance!!

6 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    • AnaHiN's Profile Photo

From Bulgary to Dubrovnik

by AnaHiN Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I have a problem because I want to go from Sofia to Dubrovnik, I know I have to do some scales but I can´t find which place to do it. Somebody know the best connection to go over there by train or bus? thank you

3 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    • Lapad

by scotontour Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

First time visitors to this area - can I get some members advise please? arriving end of June
      we are couple of 25years old and will stay one week so we would like to know urgently;
      1. What bus company or number from airport to Lapad (how long journey and what cost?)
      2. Best two local restaurants in area which are good but not too expensive
      3. which are the two best day trips
      4. what is best beach to visit and stay (not too busy but clean)
      5. what is the best bar for socializing in the evening

Thank you in advance and sorry for asking so many questions -- look forward to your replies and thoughts :)

2 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    • car parking in Dubrovnik old town?

by hoingai Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM

I will travel to Dubrovnik from 3/7-11/7 with my wife, we will rent a car to make the journey convenient and flexible.

I have seen the pic of the old town of Dubrovnik, which is very facinating! we want to stay in the apartments inside old town, however i know july is the hot tourist season there, would it be easy to park my car around the old town? if not, can I get a place to park the car near the old for free?

July is the popular tourist season in DBV, do we need to book everything ( hostel and car ) in advance??

what else places are worthy to have a visit around Dubrovnik except the old town?
      thanks

3 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 2:41 AM
      by diazvaldez Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Hi, which area do you recommend to stay?.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    • Yoga

by Marillion Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Any yoga studios in the center of Dubrovnik?
      Thanks.
      Shelly.

2 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • parking in Dubrovnik

by Marillion Online Now May 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I am looking to park one car near the city of Dubrovnik inexpensively. Can anybody help? Public garage in Dubrovnik cost 900 kuna ($153 US) per week, it seems expensive.
      Thank you very much.
      Shelly.

2 Answers May 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    • swimming

by Marillion Online Now May 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hello. Is the water temp. nice for swimming in early September (near Dubrovnik)?
      Thanks, Shelly.

5 Answers May 9, 2013 at 4:30 PM