Dublin Travel Answers

change location

Dublin for a Brasilian ?

by RickBrasil Online Now Apr 13, 2003 at 8:01 PM

People, dear people... As I have for the first time a chance to visit a dream of mine, Dublin...is there anyone that could tell me real cheap, I mean really cheap accomodation in town ? thanks and all the ebst from Brasil !

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Dublin for a Brasilian ?

by ATLC Online Now Apr 13, 2003 at 10:24 PM

See a list at Lochlainn's page: virtualtourist.com/m/120ed/4...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Dublin for a Brasilian ?

by RickBrasil Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 4:18 AM

thanks a lot. It's a start. Are you in Dublin? Or have you been there. Talk to me more about it, please. Prices :have you got any may be ? Tell you the truth...I have no idea about Dublin...Have three days and people tell me it is great! Thanks really very much!

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Dublin for a Brasilian ?

by ATLC Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 4:56 AM

No I am not in Dublin and have never been to Ireland. I just pointed you to one of the VT pages about Dublin which I have read and which I enjoyed. The way it works on this website is you type Dublin in the Search box and it will come up with plenty of information. You can also contact the VT members that live in Dublin or have been there.

• Lochlainn's Profile Photo

by Lochlainn Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 5:46 AM

Hi The cheapest accommodation is a dormitory room in a hostel. Some visitors of mine are here at the moment and are paying 25 euro each per night for a dorm in Isaacs Hostel on Frenchmens' Lane. As luck has it, they had no one else sharing the two nights they stayed. That's about as cheap as it gets here. The trick is to visit enough pubs in the evening so as to make the bedroom decor irrelevant! :o)

• Re: Re: Dublin for a Brasilian ?

by RickBrasil Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 5:53 AM

Hey, thanks ! bringing bad news, but as it is...it is news. I was definetely not expecting to pay that much...not more than 15, as the trio is long and the budget is...Brasilian!Anyhow I thank you so much, appreciate the time, and in case you would have more tips, I would really toast to your health on my next tropical drink by the beach here...just joking. thanks a lot. Really. All the best from Brasil, Ricardo

by Lochlainn Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 5:55 AM

Maybe we should just swap apartments Ricardo! LOL

• surferob's Profile Photo

by surferob Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 12:59 PM

You can definitely find a dorm bed for 15 euros, I don't know why that other person said 25 would be the cheapest you could find. 25 euros was the most I spent in about 10 night in Dublin split between 3 different hostels, and that was a 4-bed room at Abbey Court (overpriced). Try Kinlay House (nice) and Ashfield House (also nice). There's lots of others, too.

• surferob's Profile Photo

Re: Dublin for a Brasilian ?

by surferob Online Now Apr 14, 2003 at 1:01 PM

Forgot to mention, I did Dublin with a Brazilian, we both loved it. Although she complained every time I wanted to go hang out in a pub(?)

by Lochlainn Online Now Apr 15, 2003 at 2:42 AM

I rang Ashfield House this morning. They quote 25 euro for a dorm. Kinlay House on Dame Street quote 20 euro for a dorm facing the street and 25 for one at the back. (Traffic noise is the deciding factor there I assume). Ashfield said they would drop the rate if a group block booked the dorm (min. 6 people). Cheers The other person.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

by orlikins Online Now Apr 15, 2003 at 3:18 AM

If you get sthg for €15, you're doing really well!!!:-) More like €20/night i would presume. Try www.find-hostels.com and look up Dublin. O.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines