Dublin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Don't want to be rude.

by VivianP1 Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I don't want to be a rude visitor. What is considered rude behavior by tourists in Ireland?

12 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • NYC coming to dublin

by eyeofThetiger Online Now May 28, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Me and my friends, we're all females ( early to late 20s) plan on going to Dublin for one day. We we be there all day and night Thursday, Any good spots to go to? To embrace the culture and night life ! ! yes

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Dublin to London / TOD / Raileasy

by dewijones Online Now May 27, 2014 at 10:43 PM

A friend of mine ( not a native English speaker ) is in Dublin at the moment.
      She has bought TOD ( Ticket on departure ) tickets back to London
      But is seems there are no TOD machines in Dublin
      raileasy.co.uk/information/s...

I have told her to go to the station and talk to someone

What is the best coourse of action here ??

thanks

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    • monide4's Profile Photo

about StayCity Church Christ Apartment

by monide4 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Has Anyone on here ever stayed at StayCity Christ Church on High Street in Dublin? Would love to know a little more about it and the surroundings and more important..the grocery stores so I can cook a little to save money.....

2 Answers May 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • monide4's Profile Photo

Confused on what to wear? :-/

by monide4 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 7:41 AM

I will be in Dublin Ireland June 10th-19th...I have read that yes, it will rain unexpectedly at any given time...and to wear layers...BUT I just am not sure if I should bring sweaters? My favorite Boots? I have my light water proof jacket ready...but still all I have read is layer your clothing..get ready for rain, sun, cloudy, and cool weather.....Normal weather is 62-65 in June but still would just love to know what to actually pack ...it is like I am panicking on bringing the wrong clothing...lol Please if anyone could help calm my packing nerves and just give me some help on what is a must for June clothing in Dublin Ireland would be so very AWESOME!!!!
      Monica

15 Answers May 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Pauline01's Profile Photo

Dublin to Edinburgh

by Pauline01 Online Now May 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Is a day trip doable from dublin to Edinburgh? What about customs?

4 Answers May 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • SWAP IRELAND

by poie44 Online Now May 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM

My son is going to Ireland on a "work holiday" through SWAP organization. I can't find anything on line from anyone who's done this recently. I think it's done through their Irish partner called USIT - does anyone know anything about this and whether it works well?

1 Answer May 7, 2014 at 1:18 AM
    • One day cruise stop

by WorldPilgrim2 Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM

We will be in Dublin on Friday, May 16th from noon to 10 pm. We have not been there before. What would be your recommendation for the day?

Walt

8 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

Central Dublin Hotel or B&B

by the_dutchman Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Dublin around mid June? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

9 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    • Collecting a foot passenger from Dublin Ferry Port

by PhilippaJ1961 Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hi, My daughter is arriving from Holyhead to Dublin next week and I have no idea if I can drive onto the ferry port if I am not actually using the ferry myself. Can someone please tell me if I can get close to the terminal building so I can pick her up. She has just had an operation and doesnt need more stress not knowing where I will be.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Money conversion

by Ms.Omalley Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM

What is the best way to change dollars to euros, before I leave US or when I get there ? Do I use debit cards or credit cards, which is more economical.?

11 Answers May 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    • Money conversion

by Ms.Omalley Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM

First time traveling outside US, Keep getting different answers regarding how to exchange dollars for euros. What is the best way ? Before I leave US, debit cards there, or banks there> help!

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

Dublin 27th July

by lettychuffy Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM

This summer we are planning a visit round the Uk. We booked a flight from Liverpool to Dublin for the 27th -28th July .We want to spend a night there .What was our surprise we couldnt find a decent place at a good price . As you can imagine we are on a budget so could anyone suggest a place to stay near ther centre . That weekend most places are sold out the day we need to stay or are very expensive .
      Also while I am here I would be grateful for any information to help us during our day and half stay . thank you very much :)

18 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    • Luggage issues

by jennisexton Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM

We are flying into Dublin for two days, then taking a short flight to Scotland for four days, then come back to Ireland for a driving tour outside Dublin. The flight to Scotland only allows for a small bag on the flight. Is there somewhere safe to store our larger bags while we are out of the country that's cheap/safe? We won't be staying in the same hotel after our return to Ireland.

4 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • gerardmush's Profile Photo

Arctic monkeys July 12

by gerardmush Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hi fellow VTs

I am taking 3 fourteen year old boys for weekend and I an looking for reasonably priced 2 bed roomed accommodation but maybe not a hostel preferably around the location of AM concert in Rathfarnum,,
      please help

Gerry

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Buses Airport to City centre

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM

My friend is arriving at Dublin airport and wants to know the number of the Bus that will take him close to Lower Abbey Street where his hotel is situated.
      I know the 747 goes to the centre but have forgotten the others that are cheaper.
      Many thanks

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Time at Dublin Airport for a fight within Europe

by yooperprof Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM

After a night at a hotel close to the airport in Dublin, I have a 6.50 am flight on Aer Lingus to Lyon FR. How much time do I need to reserve for check-in and security? The flight is on a Saturday if that makes any difference. Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • Please help identify this Dublin hotel/guesthouse

by aussiegal1 Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I will be traveling to Dublin later in the year and was hoping to stay in a hotel/guesthouse I saw once on a favourite tv show. I have no idea about the name but am hoping that someone on the forum may be able to help me identify it by recognising any of the following features:

GENERAL DETAILS

• Traditional style (high ceilings, chandeliers, dado rails on walls, fancy cornices and high kickboards)

ROOM

• The specific room featured in the show was a suite (started with a D - I think it may have been 'The Director's Suite'??)
      • Wallpaper was of a cream colour and had handwriting on it
      • Above the dado rail there was a strip of small prints (two different recurring images of fairies or angels??)
      • Three large windows next to each other (from ceiling down to dado) - the top of a large tree is visible from here
      • Bed has a high arched blue upholstered headboard
      • Blue carpet with a pattern of recurring pale mark
      • Curtains are cream with gold lines making a diamond pattern
      • Seems to be a fairly large room
      • White bathroom with double vanity and a small black chandelier
      • Note: As you open the door to the suite, there is a tiny alcove and you have the door to the bathroom directly in front of you and a door to the bedroom to your right.

HALLWAY 1

• Wall above dado rail painted creamy tan
      • Wall below dado rail painted deep red
      • White trims and doors
      • Mirrors and artwork decorations
      • Small straight hall (just a lift opening to approx. 6 doors, inc. fire escape)
      • The suite is at the end of the hall - directly facing the lift.

HALLWAY 2

• Silver wallpaper above dado rail (sort of a floral diamond pattern)
      • Painted a deep red below dado rail
      • White trims and doors
      • Unlike the other hallway this one (which I think is on a lower floor) has alcoves and other halls leading off in different directions.

LIFT

• Relatively small and seems to have doors that open on either side
      • Side interior walls are mirrored

I have trawled through countless Dublin accommodation websites trying to find the right hotel/guesthouse from the hundreds on offer with no luck and would be very grateful for any suggestions from fellow 'forumers' who may be able to help me identify this place. Thanks!!! smiley

12 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    • windcity's Profile Photo

Shopping opening hours

by windcity Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Will the shops in Grafton Street be open on Sunday (29/12/13), Do they close early on Sundays ?
      Is it possible to purchase a ticket for the Hop on-hop off bus from the driver, Do you know the price.
      We are only there for the day so would like to cram lots in, weather permitting !!
      Many thanks & a Happy Christmas

10 Answers Dec 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    • Dender's Profile Photo

Dublin ireland

by Dender Online Now Dec 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I will be in Dublin for 5 days at the end of this month. Any do's and dont's?

5 Answers May 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    • 7 girls in dublin!

by jesbir Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM

hi,
      we are a group of 7 girls going to Dublin in january 14.
      a friend has booked our hotel, but I´m now not sure if it is in the " wrong" area.
      she booked St. Georges hotel located at the top of O´Connell street?
      we would like to go out in the evening...
      are we okay or should we find another hotel?
      thanks

4 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • AndyD42's Profile Photo

Wicklow tour

by AndyD42 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Hi :)

I'm arriving in Dublin on Wednesday. Is anyone willing to take me in a one day tour in Wicklow Mountains National Park?

All the best,
      Andy

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • Service Apartment

by pawana Online Now Nov 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Is there any service apartment around the Molesworth Street? or any other area close to St Stephens Green and bus station?

br/Pawana.

1 Answer Nov 17, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • Dublin 8-20 Dec

by pawana Online Now Nov 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Hi all,

I will be traveling to Dublin for business trip from 8-13 and later will take 1 week off to explore Dublin/Ireland. I need help with below:

1. What is the best area to stay in Dublin for easy access to attraction and shopping by walking.
      2. Is there any tourist bus for city sightseeing?
      3. Is it advisable to travel to Belfast by train?
      4. Is it good to take ferry during winter?
      5. Where to shop Ireland product?

br/Pawana

12 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • GosiaQQ's Profile Photo

Christmas time in Dublin!

by GosiaQQ Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Hi everyone :)! I'm planning a trip to Dublin for a week (exactly for a Christmas time!). I’m visiting my brother, but he isn’t good tourist guide :/ Can you recommend me interesting places in Dublin for a Christmas time? Have you ever been in Guinness Storehouse? Do you like it?

4 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

2 days in Southern Ireland - help with itinerary

by csuresh Online Now Oct 21, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I am planning for a 2 full days trip to Southern Ireland. I will be travelling from London. I require help in tourist places inside Dublin on Day 1 and then somewhere out (less than 50 to 100kms) where I can see the non-city places.
      I will be travelling with my wife and 2 daughters (aged 8 and 4). I also plan to rent a car atleast for day 2, are there any specific road rules or fees that I need to be concerned about. Request your help for travel tips.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM
    • theenglishway's Profile Photo

New Year Safety Issue?

by theenglishway Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I was thinking of going to Dublin for New Year's with my girlfriend. I was wondering how safe it would be cos I'm British and cos of all the people that will be drunk and maybe looking for fights. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    • 1st time Dublin 3 Nights 3 days in Feb 2014

by jayrule Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I will be arriving on Thursday Feb 19, 2014 in Dublin as a stop over before going on to London. It is my first time to Dublin and I only have 3 days. I have been to southwestern Ireland before.
      At this time of year what would be excellent sights, hotel, restaurants and experiences?

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • SandraAlves's Profile Photo

Harley Dublin

by SandraAlves Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 4:08 AM

My husband and I will be in Dublin for 3 days, and want to visit the Harley Davidson in Red Cow Retail Center area, and I was wondering which is the best transport to take us there, we only have 1 1/2 hours free to get there.

And the prices if possible
      Thanks !

1 Answer Oct 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • Banoffee/Banoffi Pie in the Dublin/Temple Bar Area

by Crucifist Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM

When I last visited Ireland, I had a taste of Banoffee Pie and I was instantly hooked. My father and I will be making another trip to the Dublin area this coming January, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go for some good Banoffee Pie. We'll be staying at the Ritz Powerscourt, about 20 minutes out from Temple Bar.

I do know that the pub at the hotel serves one, but I am looking for some personal recommendations.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Answer Sep 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM