Dublin Travel Answers

change location
Kementari's Profile Photo

Quiet and Romantic Dublin Hotel ideas

by Kementari Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 3:51 AM

Hi everyone; my Husband and I are spending just over a week in Ireland and the first few days in Dublin. We are keen to stay in a romantic and nice quiet hotel, within walking distance to nice pubs, restaurants, but don't have to be right in the thick of it all as we're happy to wander and explore.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • dustmon's Profile Photo

Re: Quiet and Romantic Dublin Hotel ideas

by dustmon Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 4:38 AM

It's not much on the outside, but I stayed in the Jurys Inn Christchurch in Dublin and had a lovely stay---right across from the famous church and walking distance to pubs and such---Ask for a room with a view of the Church---

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

by annemariebyrne Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 6:21 AM

You don't say what category of hotel you would like to stay in but for 5 star luxury the Dylan Hotel might suit. They do have some good special offers for advance booking. It's in a quite area but there are pubs and restaurants nearby on Baggot Street and access to the city centre is easy, it's is just about walkable or there are plenty of buses nearby too.
    http://www.dylan.ie/

• Kementari's Profile Photo

by Kementari Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM

We are looking at around the 4 - 5 star standard, but not locked into that. A nice location for walking would be great, definitely want quiet rooms and a bit of luxury, but no need for over the top.

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Look no further than the Clontarf Castle Hotel. Ten minutes from the City centre and has all the romance you are looking for and more besides. Please check this one out, I am sure you will like it. And by the way it is not as expensive as it looks.

clontarfcastle.ie/?xtor=SEC-...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines