Dubai Travel Answers

change location
ligaya's Profile Photo

Ski Rink in Dubai

by ligaya Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I will be 7 days in Dubai. Please, can someone tell where is that attraction they have as a Ski Rink in Dubai. Where is? Can I just watch people skiing or have to pay?
About observation from the highest building? Is only the Burj Khalifa or there are another building open to the public? Burj Khalifa seems to be a bit expensive, about £50.
What people recommend to see in Dubai?
Thanks a lot. I will appreciate any suggestions.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: Ski Rink in Dubai

by RaginiPai Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 3:15 AM

You can watch people ski from outside the glass without paying, but if you want to go into the ski-dubai then you will have to pay. check www.skidxb.com for further details.
    Check for various fares for the burj khalifa viewing...they have a little cheaper price on weekdays etc. other things might be atlantis, ferrari world in abu dhabi, Grand mosque in abu dhabi, Wild wadi in Dubai, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah beach...dubai mall(which has a nice musical fountain every 30 minutes in the evenings) among many other malls....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Minceta's Profile Photo

Re: Ski Rink in Dubai

by Minceta Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 4:28 AM

I am afraid that my answer will not be very helpful to you, but I just wanted to write that I spent one month in Dubai in 1998 and it is a fantastic city. And now I can imagine that it is even much more fantastic and exciting as it grows at a "supersonic" speed! I do remember the Grande Mosque, the Jumeirah beach, some great commercial centers and the old - typical street (I have forgotten its name now). I also remember a very nice Golf club. I am pretty sure that you will have a great time there.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

by IreneMcKay Online Now Jan 31, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Ski Dubai is located in Mall of the EEmirates which is easily accesible by metro. Get off at Mall of the Emirates stop. You can either enter and take part or view through the glass wall in the shopping centre.

Other things to see - the creek, the Shindaga Waterfront area, Dubai Museum, Dubai Mall - huge aquarium, musical fountains. The gold souq, spice souq, perfume souq, old souq. Dubai marina, Jumeriah Medinat Souq, Jumeriah Beach Park, Burj al Arab Hotel. Ibn Battuta Mall, Mercato Mall, Dubai Marina.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

by colin_bramso Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I agree with Irene's list of places to visit, it takes in both old and new Dubai, and I also suggest a walk around the old shopping area of Satwa.

I think the view OF Burj Khalifa is much better than the view FROM it, to be honest. If you want to get a high view you can go into hotels, many of them have bars and restaurants on the high floors which give excellent views.

To find out about places to see, have a look at our Dubai pages here on VT, you'll find everything you need.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Seven days in Dubai, good luck, it's hot and expensive. Sometimes I might think it is a sand trap lol, but really if you're a girl with lotsa money, the Dubai malls is a great place to start the day as it has the indoor air condition. Take the metro to walk the city and go to the Spice and Gold markets, visit a Mosque or see the many new tourist attractions that the Dubai people made up to attract tourist into their country, You can see Camel races? , ride sand cars in the desert, or fast cars on the Ferrari track, of course this all cost money. Go to the beaches, free, but if you got money, Atlantis or the many water parks.Best bet is buying a all day metro card 4usd all day and ride the metro from one end to the other, make the stops along the way to go to malls and tourist sites.

cheers tommy x.....just return from Dubai this week

• Patchi's Profile Photo

by Patchi Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM

if you buy ur ticket to burj khalifa 3 or 4 days in advance it will cost you 10 dollars only but on the spot its around 30 dollars ,
    every place in dubai is awesome so you just go around and enjoy :)
    dubai mall and emirates mall for shopping .. madinat jumeira is nice place .. Dubai marina .. Jumeirah beach residence

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Dubai Travel Answer Locations